1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Allstar Ballot Results Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2012.

1. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

im disappointed that parsons didnt even get listed. i was hoping his fangirls would come through

also interesting, asik got more votes than noah

2. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Lin is going to need a lot more votes to start over CP3/Kobe.

3. torocan

torocan Member

You're assuming that Harden isn't getting coat-tail votes from being on the Rockets with Lin.

As for the voting, we've always known that the All-Star game is a popularity contest. While among the basketball Intelligentsia Lin wouldn't be an all-star based purely on play, he is one of the most popular basketball players in the world.

4. fishguy91

fishguy91 Member

By your logic, given the globally massive fan base Lin has and that he barely got 300k votes, Lin fans are among the most knowledgeable and objective fans. I mean, I'm living in a relatively small city in china with a population of 7million, and I assure u everyone has access to Internet and knows who Lin is.

And of course, majority of Rubios votes are from racist whites.

1 person likes this.
  5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

AllStar is all about popularity contest. You have players that got voted in and never play a single game or has been injured all season. If people want to complaint about it, then you need to complain about the flaw of the system. But, the phrase, "i am an All-star" can be pretty deceiving but also legit because All-Star do represent the best players in the league. If they want to make it more legit, then they need to get rid of popularity voting and amend the system.

6. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Ah yes, the usual suspects would be upset that a player from their beloved team has a chance at making the Allstar game, a game that is nothing more than a fun popularity contest. Sad stuff.

Anyways, I totally forgot about this after I voted once for Chandler lol so we can still vote right?

7. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Lin still has many games left until the all-star game, hopefully he can pick up his consistency and insert himself more aggressively into future games because so far he has not been playing at an all-star level except for a couple of games. I think it will eventually come to him.

Remember this is his first full of year starting and he's still building chemistry with new teammates and still has a lot to learn. I also really like how he carries himself off the court. I don't think we've seen the high potential of Jeremy Lin come out yet, hopefully it'll come out in a Rockets jersey and show he deserves to be an all-star. I remain hopeful and if it doesn't work out well... then it just doesn't work out.

8. howo13579

howo13579 Member

wow 4 of Miami players are on the list. And how the hell Tony Parker and Westbrick have fewer votes than Lin?

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Member

Lin is much more widely known outside of the regular basketball world. Ask someone doesn't follow NBA, they probably heard Jeremy Lin's name over Harden, Westbrook. Thanks to Youtube.

10. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Now I saw Howard is on the list, I don't feel too disturbed that Lin is voted in.

11. Jedster

Jedster Member

Cos you didn't go vote for them. Hurry up and go vote! They're counting on you!

12. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

You are the first person I called an idiot on this board.

13. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Lol at all the haters for a players on a team they should be supporting.

Heck even if Carlos Looser somehow ended up as a rox player I will still be supporting him.

And Asik having more votes than randolph and gay!? Those europeans are really voting Asik. I'm embarresed...

14. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I bet you guys that we won't even have this conversation is Lin did not existed...

15. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

fixed

16. MDPJlin

MDPJlin Member

Chinese voters aren't doing a good job this time on Jlin. Otherwise he should be 2million votes ahead of KB and CP.

I'm disappointed.

NOT

17. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

**** you guys, I want Lin/Parsons/Harden/Asik all in the All Star game. Get to work China.

18. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

U sure u want that? U want our team to go against the eastern all stars?

19. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Doesn't Harden's contract have conditional clauses that mean the Rockets will have to pay him more if he makes the All-stars or something? Which means he'll take up slightly more of the cap-room if he meets the conditional clauses.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Just curious would you want to watch an exhibition game with say all of the Rockets starter vs some other opponent with a similar record?