1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Allstar Ballot Results Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2012.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Once again. It isn't the logic behind it that is YOUR logic behind it. And I think the NBA is smart enough to know what happens when you open a player selection system to fans considering that the VAST majority of NBA fans are uniformed casual fans who overate high light dunks & hero ball over smart basketball.

If the NBA never intended for it to be like that then they would have changed the system a long time ago & scrapped the fan vote system all together & yet they haven't. So maybe they know what the hell they are doing & you are in fact incorrect.

Just a thought.

2. nono

nono Member

Don't think Lin deserves it but I've never seen a fan base so disappointed to see one of their players getting all star votes.

3. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

THIS.

I don't know whether it's more embarrassing to not have a player representing the host city, or having your most popular player representing the city.

The all-star game is and has always been a popularity contest. If it's about merits, no voting is necessary - just look at the stats and pick the top players.

At the end of the season, media members get to vote for MIP, DPOY, etc. and the coaches get to vote for the all star teams.

On a slightly related matter, there's about 1.2 billion people in China, and Lin is not even getting 300,000 votes? Oh... maybe because Facebook and Twitter are banned in China.

4. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Its embarrassing to the rockets and a disgrace to the NBA.

5. yunac010

yunac010 Member

THANK YOU. It's annoying reading posts after posts about Lin getting votes from China when his biggest fanbase is right here in the US and a good solid portion of it are non Asians.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Okay I'm going to stop this because you are overreacting and getting hostile based on a difference in opinion of what constitutes an all-star.

I think what constitutes an all-star is all about his game, and the voting system is flawed. You don't.

End of story. Now move on.

7. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Harden should most likely be in the All star team because of his exceptional year and plus, Houston needs their own player to represent them in the All star

8. roxxy

roxxy Member

News to me that I am hostile. But anyway this was a fun discussion. Later.

9. CertifiedTroll

Why don't we just play Tim Tebow with Jeremy Lin in the game.. I like Jeremy, but this is sillier than elementary school student counsel elections

10. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

Don't understand why Rockets' own fans not happy that their own player Jeremy Lin is popular. Obviously Jeremy Lin has far more influence than just Rockets fans, or even just basketball fans.

11. delta69er

delta69er Member

Well that's because we as a fan base understand the concept of shame lol

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm seriously just glad we (currently) have Rockets players in the All-Star game that is going to be hosted in Houston. People get things they don't deserve all the time. Spread all that jelly on some toast.

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

In summary....

1. Kobe = Arguably the best player in the game
    2. Paul = Arguably the best point guard in the game
    3. Lin = Asian
    4. Harden = Boss player, arguably one of the top 3 shooting guards in the game
    5. Westbrook = Boss player, arguably one of the top 3 point guards in the game

14. detso

detso Member

To make it less embarrassing, let's just hope that Lin will have a few more 38/7 games before the all-star. :grin:

15. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Disagree, if he can get all the votes, then he deserve to be there.
    Otherwise, NBA just select their all stars based on stats. The whole thing is about popularity like a beauty contest.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL your first sentence is everything. I have family that lives in Houston & I think I will come down to Houston to visit them during the games. The city will be live & it will be fun to be able to watch the games & see players that you actively root for on the screen.

17. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

First time to the rodeo, gents?

18. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

You must be kidding me, if Chinese fans are really voting for lin, he actually only got that a few votes?

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If this is a beauty contest, Chandler Parsons is an All-Star Starter!:eek: #Homo

20. VanityHalfBlack

You do know that Glen Rice is secretly voting Lin in??? Glen Rice has his own La RĂ©sistance going on without any of you knowing it...