1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Allstar Ballot Results Released

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 13, 2012.

1. GTO

GTO Member

Now that is the spirit. If anyone cannot stand to see any of Rockets gets voted to Allstar, just don't watch it.

If you cannot stand Lin at all, then stop caring and whining about him. I find it funny people need to b**** about Lin when knowing he will be here for some time. LIke it is going to change anything.

2. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Why look at just his stats this season? If Rubio has 55,000 votes having played zero games this season, clearly it's based on reputation. And Linsanity was one of the best sports stories ever. Wouldn't the kid deserve it based on one of the best runs by an undrafted player in the history of the NBA?

That said, I hope he doesn't get in. Too much irrational hate for the guy already -- even though he's done nothing to deserve it. His parents would probably get death threats.

I don't think he will either -- unless there are 4chan type antics.

3. Jedster

Jedster Member

Oh yah...you're the guy who said he was going to turn the tv off if Lin got voted in as a starter...and then tried to get other people on this board to join you... :grin:

How did that work out? Anyone became your friend?

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

You're right that their are clauses in his contract that are based on things like All Star games, but they won't affect the cap at all.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No. He doesn't 'deserve' the All-Star game over guys who have worked their butts off to put up much crazier stats without as much fanfare.

I'm cool with Lin being on the Rockets. But sometimes I feel the need to reality check..

6. Jedster

Jedster Member

Man, this a simple answer...

Does Lin DESERVE to be in the All Star Game based on his performance this year? Nope.
    Does Lin DESERVE to be in the All Star Game based on fan desire to see him? Heck yeah.
    There, the popularity contest is what it is. So stop these redundant 'other people are better than Lin and should be in ASG' posts. If you don't like it, do your part and make sure you go vote your Chris Paul or Westbrook every day.

Lin is a rocket and I want him in the ASG!
    As said before, I also vote for Harden, Parsons and Asik every time.

7. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

Parsons will probably be in the rookie sophomore games :D

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Even if china votes him in. Stern would rig it so he doesn't start like he did with yi.

9. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

we can hang with the east dude, it's the west where are losses come from..lol

10. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

LOL........the hate is amusing. Undeserved people go all the time ala Vince Carter when he played like 8 games by the half-way point. When was the last time people cared about the first returns that showed a dude in 3rd who didnt deserve the 3rd spot over a guy in 5th?

Maybe if Russell WEstbrook stopped shooting more than Durant half the time he'd be more likable.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why does the fact that undeserving people go make it OK that undeserving people go?

12. rbbanalyst

rbbanalyst New Member

This whole thread is embarrassing. It's pretty disgusting that rocket's fans are so embarrassed about their own team's point guard getting into the all star game. if it were some player that was black/white overcoming cancer or something crazy and played a few great games - ie, made the all star game because of his story, no one here would say it's embarrassing. if they did, it would be just plain disgusting just as this is. - my last post - getting off this site - peace out

13. meh

meh Member

I really could not care less about a popularity contest to be in a meaningless game, while trying to uphold some supposed moral integrity of the NBA that's already littered with much bigger issues.

If anything, I want Lin's votes to make a big stink. If he gets in, that's even better. After years of seeing NBA players scoff at even the thought of becoming a Rocket, I would much rather prefer for NBA players to think fans follow the Rockets, and endorsement/publicity follows the team. Rather than thinking we're a non-entity.

14. heypartner

heypartner Member

this is pretty freaking funny.

LOF is disgusted by us and announces he's leaving the board after 4 posts.

haha...gotta love it!

And what exactly does it mean to be embarrassed by people being embarrassed. hmmmm. I'll have to think about that more deeply, after I'm done contemplating whether What's up unsorted used to be capitalized or not.

1 person likes this.
  15. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Again, it's so typical to see people throw a fit on a popularity contest. Why don't you guys look on the bright side? The reason Harden got more votes than Westbrook could very well be attributed to Lin - like TMac and Yao.

You know what that means right? If Lin gets into ASG, then attracting a superstar to the Rockets becomes much easier because it'll be a place that superstar wants to be in.

Instead of whining like little girls, embrace the fact that Houston is actually getting worldwide attention.

16. seahawk

seahawk Member

Hmmmm, I think I just need to vote harder for Lin so he can make the starter or I am quite sure he will not be the reserve as our own coaches don't want to play him.

17. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Great post.

Also, I hope Lin gets in because it might jump start him psychologically.... I he's an all star, he would want to play like one.... Instead of now default attitude of "oh no, I'm still young, I've got a lot to learn, I didn't ask for all this attention, James please you take the ball and shoot it, I don't want it...."

18. BARocketsFan

BARocketsFan Member

If you can get fans' votes, then you deserve votes. It is that simple. The NBA ASKED fans to vote, not the coaches.

1 person likes this.
  19. BARocketsFan

BARocketsFan Member

* then you deserve the votes

20. BARocketsFan

BARocketsFan Member

Yes, totally agree with you. Some of the Rockets fans are embarrassing for attacking their own players. Shiiiiity fans.