1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Firefox help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LiLStevie3, Sep 27, 2004.

1. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Do you guys know how when you have a bunch of tabs open in Firefox, if you try and close the entire window, a confirmation message comes up asking if you're sure you want to close all your tabs? Well, I accidentally clicked the box for "Do not remind me next time" and I can't find where to enable that message again. Anybody know where I need to go to enable it? Thanks in advance.

2. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I don't see it either. You could always reinstall it.

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

-> Tools
    -> Options
    -> Advanced
    -> Browsing
    -> Put a check by the "Warn when closing multiple tabs" option

4. Relativist

Did it work? I'm feeling pretty crummy and incompetent right now, because I just jacked up my roommate's computer and now he can't login to his laptop. It would help to know that I did something right today, however small. :(

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Looks like you need the new version for that. I have version 0.9.3 still, and it's not there. What did you do to your roommate's computer?

6. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Yeah, I have 0.9.3 and I don't see it.

7. Relativist

Hmmmm... would you consider upgrading to .10? It's worked pretty smoothly for me.

I changed the network setting on his company laptop from Domain to Workgroup, and now he can't login because it won't recognize his username. The company administrator should know the local user password to get in, but I still feel bad, because I was trying to be helpful and made the situation worse instead of better. :( Now he has to make a special trip to the office tomorrow and explain to their system administrator how his stupid roommate locked up his laptop.

8. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

So even though it's a preview version, it should be fine?

And should I uninstall my previous versions of firefox before i run the install?

9. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Firefox isn't quite like other software; when upgrading, always uninstall the previous version. Otherwise, things can and will definitely get worse.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I started downloading themes and extensions for Firefox, and now I can't load Firefox. I get an error saying "Error launching browser window:no XBL binding for browser."

Any suggestions? I had downloaded version 1.0.

11. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I did'nt have a problem on any of the computers i just did an install of the new version. Didn't have to uninstall and reinstall.

12. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

You downloaded a theme that killed your profile. Grab your bookmarks out of there, delete the profile, then start firefox again. Drop your bookmarks in your new profile and off you go. I'm too tired right now to explain it much further than this, but the idea is that it's in c:\Documents and settings\USERNAME\Application Data\

The profile is in the Mozilla directory.

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Thanks Vengeance. I'd been trying to figure out where the extensions were being saved to. If you wouldn't mind explaining exactly what happened tomorrow, I'd appreciate it.

The only other thing that's bugging me about Firefox is it saves some of your passwords, but not all of them - i.e. Wells Fargo login information. (Yeah, I know. Bad idea.) Is there any way to get it to save passwords that it doesn't automatically ask you about?

Thanks again.

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I believe some sites like that have code in it that don't let you save the password just for security purposes. I have noticed that with many bank sites. They say they are saving them but they really never do, or they don't give you an option.

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

There was an option in Slimbrowser that allowed me to "capture" the page, saving my information in the page as a bookmark. I was wondering if there was something like that for Firefox. I found the Scribe extension, but it doesn't seem to do what I want it to.

16. 8ball

8ball Member

Do you have tabbrowser extensions installed? Under the tabbrowser preference, there is an option under the advanced page to prompt before closing.

17. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

For some reason, I have both the 0.9.2 and 0.9.3 versions on my program list. I can't seem to uninstall the 0.9.2 version; I get an error message saying that I'm missing the "uninstall log folder". Is there anyway I can do it manually?