1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We just need someone to get Easterby in to online gaming and streaming on Twitch. It would only be a matter of time before he drops the n word.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The N word as in "New Testement"?

phasors28 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  3. conquistador#11

He has a daughter named Houston? I don't think he plans on leaving fired or not. =(
    Probably file lawsuits on the Mcnairs once it's over for him.

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's a pastor so .. we just need one alter boy to come forward.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  5. Pringles

Pringles Member

Who you picking? I've been thinking the Dolphins since I like traveling to Miami, but the Cardinals doesn't seem like they'll be hard to follow with all of our homegrown players....

6. edwardc

edwardc Member

yep i'm leaning that way but i will still be a homer.

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

We embrace John Lucas' work with Kevin Porter Jr to develop his character, but rail against Easterby's work in the same field with many of the Texans who need guidance.

Easterby is the public relations target that Watson's PR campaign has targeted. When Bill O'Brien left, Deshaun Watson's team needed a personalized target for fans to hate. This now enables Watson to evade criticism for forcing a trade. You guys are being manipulated. It happens all the time and every day to unsuspecting people. It's a strategy, and it's purposeful. It's called public relations -- and it's a very dishonest field.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Suuure buddy. Keep telling yourself that.

Think about all the people other than Watson that have had issues, and are no longer here, since Easterby came in. Think about how the team itself has sank like a rock to the bottom of a pond since Easterby arrived.

Sounds like you're looking for a scapegoat yourself.

charlieaustin and Dgn1 like this.
  9. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

You really are not in a position to understand a public relations campaign.

Bill O'Brien was responsible for the bad trades and the bad signings, not Jack Easterby. You should know that. O'Brien had almost full control. But he's gone and therefore not a useful target to attack anymore for Watson.

10. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

And Andre Johnson who was on the coaching staff saying that there was stuff wrong in the Texans camp?

There’s too much smoke for this just to be Deshauns team spinning al this out. Something is definitely wrong with easterby and ownership, is it as bad as what’s out there? Maybe not

charlieaustin and Sooty like this.
  11. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

No one liked Easterby from the moment he landed here, well before BoB got fired.
    Also, are you saying DW4’s team needed a “new” target when BoB got fired? Weren’t Bob and DW4 all buddy, buddy?

nice try

charlieaustin, Dgn1 and Jwise44 like this.
  12. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

What the hell or you talking about, no one here needs guidance from Easterby. Texans have the fewest arrest for the last 21 years in the entire league. They never needed this con artist. I call bullsh*t.

charlieaustin and DonkeyMagic like this.
  13. conquistador#11

. 100% correct. Jorge just being Jorge, a coy contrarian. Having a counselor or a religious figure who players can seek IF THEY WANT TO can be a helpful tool. But when that person starts acting like he's one of the guys, asking players to pray with him while they're just doing their daily routine is uncalled for. Then this person wants to be friends with the important players while reporting and threatening to file lawsuits.
    It's a toxic culture that just won't work. It's not a religious college.

14. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Judging by your data, having a character coach is working quite well for the Texans actually. Thanks for proving my point!

Man, I love to see faulty narratives fall on their face. The media plays people so badly.

GOOD DAY

15. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Your boy Easterby hasn't been here all 21 years last I checked.. They never have needed a character coach, it's your daddy Cal who needs it. There's no way you believe that sh*t man.

charlieaustin likes this.
  16. Sooty

Who was the character coach for the years prior to Easterby? Kthxbai.

mikol13 likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

That was the joke when he was hired: "If any team does not need a character coach it's the Texans."

If that's all he was, nobody would know his name and nobody would have a major problem with it. He's the f'ing VP of Football Operations.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don’t even know what Easterby is supposed to have done wrong, other than supposedly have Kenny Stills, a journeyman receiver, followed. Cooks seems to love the guy (Who tf cares about Kenny Stills?). Other than that it seems to be all innuendo. I mean, the red fish blue fish video is bad, but more goofy than anything. Watson supposedly doesn’t even have a problem with him.

19. Sooty

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/12/10/ex-chaplain-jack-easterby-houston-texans-chaos-after-power-struggle-daily-cover

20. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Yeah, it's time to put up or shut up for the Easterby critics. Tell us SPECIFICALLY what Easterby has done that you take issue with. Specifics. And don't say the bad trades, because that was O'Brien.