1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Jack Easterby

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by coachbadlee, Nov 11, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL

Thompson worked with Easterby at The Greatest Champion after playing college football at South Carolina and professionally for the Rams and 49ers. Last year, he worked at Charleston Southern as the men's basketball director of player development after a recommendation by Easterby to CSU coach Barclay Radebaugh. What Radebaugh said about Thompson when he hired him should give an indication of what type of role he might have with the Lions.

"When the opportunity presented itself to add Dylan to our staff, I jumped at it," Radebaugh said in a release on the Charleston Southern website. "Jack Easterby is a long-time and very close friend of mine, and he recommended Dylan and asked me to spend some time with him. I immediately saw that Dylan would be a terrific benefit to our team.

"We want to provide every opportunity for our players to grow spiritually, emotionally and athletically. We work daily to help our guys learn to be dependable men that will someday leave CSU and be change agents for good in our world. Dylan will immeasurably help us reach these development goals. Our current staff will be a terrific resource for our players to excel in every possible way."

To give an idea of what a character coach does, this USA Today story about Easterby from last month quoted him as describing his role as this: "To help them create healthier relationships, healthier viewpoints, so that they can become the kind of people they want. Doing that would make them more sustainable in just about everything.”

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

SMDH. You can't make this up. It's not even funny anymore.

primtim24 likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

DonnyMost and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

We’re a church masquerading as a football team.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Rivers investigation is next level LOL

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hey, kindly go **** yourself!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

"The Culture" gurus are the ones that are toxic. It's been proven in KC, Detroit, Broncos, Browns and HTX

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Buck Turgidson

Disagree, at this point it's all ****ing hilarious. Tell me this isn't funny:

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone else read that as "Charlatan Southern" versus Charleston Southern?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Deshaun, you are not seeking a trade. You are seeking God. For God to come into your life. If you listen to God, God wants you here in Houston. You are meant to be here. Gather hands with me and Jack and now let us pray.”

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

To give an idea of what a character coach does, this USA Today story about Easterby from last month quoted him as describing his role as this: "To help them create healthier relationships, healthier viewpoints, so that they can become the kind of people they want. Doing that would make them more sustainable in just about everything.”

Deshaun: "Jack has been a great help in this regard, which is why I want him to trade me away from this horsesh!t show."

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Make it stop

conquistador#11 likes this.
  16. conquistador#11

We've been jokingly vetting potential draftees by Faith and denomination. It's no longer funny these mofo's are going to do just that.

Dgn1, DonnyMost and UTSA2step like this.
  17. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Naw, stick with Jack. Jack is an awesome name. My kid's name is Jack. I may or may not have named him after Jack Bauer from 24.

People in my family always get me Texans merch because they know I'm a Houston sports nut. I would love to tell them that I much prefer Rockets and Astros gear to Texans gear, but....I don't know....how do you do that without coming off as rude and unappreciative? Maybe a topic for another thread.

Congrats! And stick with Jack.

houstonstime and conquistador#11 like this.
  18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

The 30 for 30 about this **** is gonna be WILD

[​IMG]

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Did Cal watch Ted Lasso and think it was real?

Major and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

this one is the one that applies to our situation:

[​IMG]

Castor27 likes this.