1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fired Culley

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaDakota, Dec 5, 2021.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Houston fans, and more specifically football fans, don't care about morals. They cheer on Big Ben, Tyreek Hill, the list goes on and on and on....

I guarantee you, if Watson apologized or if there was any sort of closure on this deal (settlement out of court and no criminal charges), majority of people will end up believing that this was overblown and go back to cheering for Watson. That's what is going to happen whether it's in Houston, or in another city that he gets traded to.

The only difference here is that Watson also pissed off fans by refusing to play, so it would take longer for fans to "forgive" him, but they will. They always will because winning feels good.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hope they hire Mayo or Flores because ESPN is getting on my last damn nerve whining about how we fired a black head coach and SAS was just on the air saying he hopes the Texans stink for a long time. WTF is that?

Culley was an average at best coach. He was given a bad hand but nothing he did stood out. He even had a few players rebelling against him...IN ONE SEASON.

Say what you will about the Texans but trying to lay some racist label on the organization is odd. Just say the McNairs have made terrible administration decisions and be done with it.

3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I highly doubt people would forgive that guy now. If they do they don’t have any morals whatsoever

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s always about race with those dipshits. They better have the same energy for Miami

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

People supported the patriots for years even after the spygate, deflate gate.
    Hell people supported the astros even after we got exposed for cheating.

Kobe Bryant is basically a saint in the basketball world, even after the sexual assault case

Fact stands, winning cures everything. U can bet your ass folks will support Watson if he wins

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Cheating is a whole lot different than sexually assaulting a bunch of innocent women.
    And if Kobe raped that girl is 22 he wouldn’t have been Kobe. Way different times.

I guarantee you there will be people that turn off the Texans if he’s kept. He doesn’t deserve to be an NFL player

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

sure there will b few that turn off the texans. But more will support than leave. Winning cures everything.

Unless he gets arrested and thrown in jail. u can bet your ass he will b in the nfl playing assuming he hasn't lost his skills.

I would b curious to see where he ends up. Cause anywhere he go will instantly b better than our shtty team.

Fulgore, red5rocket and mario_v like this.
  8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

SAS is going to get his wish. Consider this: Caserio knew that Culley wasn't qualified to begin with and yet he passed over canidates who were vastly more qualified to hire Culley. Then, one year later, he fires Culley because his performance clearly showed that he was not qualified for the position and that his job performance fell way short of management's expectations. You don't say?

And all of the talking heads (Sportsradio 610) in Houston are pushing this BS hard - in essence placing the onus on Culley instead of the guy who made such a dumbass move to begin with. Caserio gets to walk away clean from the shitshow he created because it is Culley who is the one responsible for losing his job by being unqualified. And yet, now Caserio, Easterby and Cal want long suffering Houston football fans to simply overlook the fact that the guy (Caserio) who put the organization into such a pathetic, laughable mess is blameless and continue to pretend that he is "The One" who will deliver onto Houston The "Patriot Way".

Damion Laverne likes this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Winning doesn’t cure everything, I’m sorry that is terrible line of thought for deviant people. Piece of **** people.

Also, the dude hasn’t won anything in the league, there is no guarantee he is even a top 10 QB at this point

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Oh, I agree that Caserio deserves blame here and I wouldn't bet on the Texans being good within the next 2-3 seasons. I do think in general GMs always get a longer leash so more people will just be more forgiving towards Caserio although things in the NFL happen quickly. An NFL rebuild should be 2-3 seasons and if the Texans still suck then I expect you'll start to see more calls for Caserio to be fired.

It's odd to me that they are blaming the 2 teams that hired black coaches instead of the 30 that didn't. It's just a lame claim to put on the Texans organization. I know Bob said some stupid **** about inmates but the Texans have had a black GM for years and years, QBs, coache's, they have not been shy about having a diverse front office so if the Texans do hire Flores or Mayo I wonder what they'll say about it then. If they do hire one of those two the Texans will have had THREE black coaches in a row. They need to take that criticism to another organization.

#550 JayGoogle, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  11. H. Christopher

:D

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I think Culley was always going to be be a two year plan coach, because no one wanted the job. …now today The Texans ARE in better shape with a promising Davis Mills, plethora of upcoming picks and a 2021 draft class that saw production in every round.

Culley was a stop gap coach no matter what Caserio publicly said . After evaluating where the team stands , it makes sense to get your coach now rather later, in other words instead of next year lol, and supposed fans (not really fans) cry about that? Yea they can piss in the wind

13. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Everyone has been talking about how casario is referencing Tomlin to mayo. When I heard the conference on the radio, I took it as he was comparing culleys hire to tomlin. He was saying how he took a chance on an inexperienced person just like the Steelers did. He felt culley was the right choice at the time and took a chance on him.

I think Flores is our guy…there’s a reason why culley got fired when he did and now the interview is already completed with Flores. That was quick!

#553 steveng125, Jan 14, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  14. ExTexanNowEastCoast

OMG, that statement right there is the absolute definition of loser talk. It has an inherent built in excuse of continued failure. When I hear someone say that, I know that they have no achievable plan in place to accomplish their goals.

It is going to be a long playoff drought ladies and gents. I hope you all have second favorite teams to root for.

15. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Edit: delete

steveng125 likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I live within 2 hours of 3 NFL stadiums.

Can't pull the trigger on a second team. Though I know who it'd be.

raining threes likes this.
  17. raining threes

Well, EB and Watso ncertainly would've had things to talk about in the film study.

Like how did 51-7 happen.

And things like Hey man, I covered for rape accusations in Boulder, I can help you out man.

18. raining threes

I've been preaching this since 2010.

But tell me how the Clemson trash figured into the equation?

19. raining threes

not that important

20. Nook

Nook Member

Brian T Smith doesn’t like anyone or anything