1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I've really tried to like Silas, mainly because his dad's ability on the court (I admit). The team has looked like ****, and the most obvious plus has been Sengun and he played him 5 f__king minutes last game. WTF was that sh_t???

Ok, this team needs some discipline and direction, here's the guy that can get that done... "There's a broad consensus that former Nets head coach Kenny Atkinson will be among the most sought-after candidates on the market. Whatever transpired in Brooklyn, Atkinson is still regarded as a multiskilled coach who is an expert teacher, culture maven and expansive thinker who understands how to work his team's strengths." https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...rospects-tyronn-lue-tom-thibodeau-chris-finch

hakeem94, bmelo, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Agree….bumping this because I can’t believe they haven’t fired this guy yet. 1-14!!!!!!!!

3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I am a fan of coach Atkinson I think he is the answer for this young group but I am certain that Tillman will hate him.

Shark44, hakeem94 and Jontro like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

sources say silas is actually pretty good but tillmen is forcing him to suxs. ownership is forcing him to become an escape goat.

@Nook pls confirm

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yes, I remember those times as well, of course - but now we don't have Yao and T-Mac. I don't think JVG would play House and the guy just signed off waivers 10x more combined minutes than his best player (Sengun).

H. Christopher likes this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

It even isnt about the losses. This team is a freefall they dont play or act like they have a coach. And i could care less for shouting and psychological traits of John Lucas, they can hire psychologist or scout players to not be ****ed in the head in the first place

AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  7. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

What rockets planning to do is teaching their young core how to excel at NBA level and develop them in every aspect. Let alone improve what they have talentwise, they seem lost and uneager to compete. What do we teach them? How to be pathetic and aimless?

I remember the times when this board accused McHale of being clueless. He seems like a legit coach to me now because Silas is such a bum, i had to evoke my account which has been hibernating for 8 years all the way from Turkey, just to say: ''Get a head coach who can lead rebuilding''.

bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Silas is at least below mediocre but I think management going with Theis, sitting Wall.
    Those decisions are beyond comprehending, ridiculous!

Yes, this shite 5 All Out system is not working for a bad team.

You do not push the tempo when you can't really shoot. (All those 1-17 playoff nights are emerging again)

You're not the Hornets, you do not have LaMelo ffs. (29th in team assists) Fukin backcourt of unrealiable combo guards.

#108 daywalker02, Nov 20, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol how this is valid when sengun is youre best player and you have the most chance to win by playing him

10. mirdirir

mirdirir Member

I definitely hear you.

Management and coaching should do well together in a winning formula and for our case, no one is blameless.

In rockets, there are many young talents who are to be processed into solid pieces in a contender team, and veteran players to lead the way. Nothing goes as planned. Team cohesion is in ruins. Guys seemed uninterested in team defense even in the starting minutes of the games. They dont seem to believe in this organisation and rightfully so. If i was a 19 years old international who just arrived to country and had a double double in 20 mins of the bench then rewarded with 5 mins afterwards, i would do much worse than Alpi's father or Gordon.

When i look at rockets, i only see random guys with their own agenda. No team whatsoever.

tycoonchip, hakeem94 and daywalker02 like this.
  11. PWR

PWR Member

I don't know why the lineups/rotations are so hard for this goofy coach and his staff to figure out...

KPJ(20)/Augustin(14)/JC(14)
    Green(28)/EG(12)/KPJ(8)
    Tate(26)/EG(12)/KJM(10)
    Wood(28)/Theis(10)/KJM(10)
    Sengun(28)/Garuba(12)/Theis(8)

Recap...
    Young players development
    KPJ (28 minutes between pg & sg)
    Green (28 minutes at sg)
    Tate (26 minutes at sf)
    Sengun (28 minutes at c)
    KJM (20 minutes between sf & pf)
    JC (14 minutes at pg)
    Garuba (12 minutes at c)

Vets meaningful minutes
    Wood (28 minutes at pf)
    EG (24 minutes between sg &sf)
    Theis (18 minutes between c & pf)
    Augustin (14 minutes at pg)

As I said directly after the draft, this year's team is doomed because it barely has 1 or 2 real shooters on the entire team (pathetic). You can't win without shooting (basketball 101). I expected us to suck, but at the very least give all your young talent some structure and development.

Instead, there is 0 plan/direction by Silas and Stone. What was the point of drafting 4 first round picks if you're going to not even play 3 of them? If Silas knew that his goofy 5-out system required shooters, then why the hell did Stone draft a bunch of non-shooters? Why doesn't every practice have each player working the entire time with a shooting coach? They don't need to waste time watching film and walking thru sets/plays, they need to spend every minute of practice learning to shoot. If you can't draft or sign shooters, then make the guys that you have into shooters. That should be the ONLY goal of this season. Develop our young guys into shooters. Shooting drills all day, every day. The wins will come if they learn to shoot. Your offense doesn't have to be complicated if you can run 5 shooters on the court.

daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The best development path is to ease players into the pro ball atmosphere and not plunge them directly into cold water.

It might work too but it is hell a lot riskier without a good plan.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

SO SIMPLE YET SO BEAUTIFUL

PWR likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not really shooting drills because I have seen lesser players nail open 3s in practices all afternoon.

Shooting within Scrimmages, with a hand in your face.

Simulating game situations.

PWR likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

shooting in g league?

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

His whole draft stock was hyped up because he played 16 games in the G League.

16 games is like nothing. G League is like a sligthly stronger Summer League with no intensity Defense.

The Rockets played like 15-16 games right now and we still do not have a clear picture of Jalen Green.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i was thinking of sending alpi garuba and JC downthere if they cant get PT here

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Silas could also benefit from spending some time down in the valley