1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Nov 17, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All the same. To me a goofy mob boss type of grand entrepreneur for sure.

2. Bo6

Bo6 Member

why is eric gordon still playing?

3. conquistador#11

So he is stayin' ?

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nook >>>>>> Rockets Twitter homers
    John Lucas >>>>>>>>> Nice guy Steve

Lucas worked with & “fixed” JG but I should credit Steve?

[​IMG]

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...houston-rockets-classes-john-lucas-university

5. Nook

Nook Member

No love for Weaver huh? He is the one that has done a LOT of film study with Jalen Green.

While the coaching staff deserves some credit..... the person that deserves the most credit is Jalen Green.

6. dmoneybangbang

Unless Silas wants out, I doubt they fire him after this season. Hopefully they go with Weaver afterwards, he has a pretty impressive resume now.

I still would have preferred Nick Nurse over MDA.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

The credit for this amazing franchise goes to Fertitta and Silas … what a duo bringing excellence back to rockets basketball

LOL - Silas will be here through his contract simply because Tilman will not pay two head coaches

D-rock likes this.
  8. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It really sounds like Silas has what it takes to be an elite coach, but not a head coach. He may have helped JG, maybe he is good at developing guys, but he is not a head coach. At some point the wins should matter and should define you. He should be OK taking a back seat and being an assistant, because I doubt anyone will give him a head coaching opportunity again. He really is building a culture that seems content with just getting participation ribbons. The older guys dont seem upset to be losing so much, they seem happy to be getting a check. The locker room celebration after Wood scored 39 points showed how low the bar is being set. It makes the young Suns team celebrating Booker getting 70 in a loss not even seem that bad.

larry cook, fckbandwagons and Shark44 like this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree basically. I think most of us want to like SIlas, but damn he just doesn't have the persona of a championship winning coach. At least not the kind of coaches I've come to respect. Maybe, maybe he can learn and grow, but I just don't believe he's got the right makeup for the HC gig. He seems more suited to be an assistant imho.

saleem, D-rock and Imanimal like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

No love for Weaver at all.

Silas actually fired him.

Someone had to be sacrificed for that Godforsaken season.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The thing is every NBA coach and their respective staff members are capable of providing basketball insights and knowledge. There is a reason why even supposed "bad" coaches are frequently brought into other team's coaching staff.

Even a high level, veteran NBA player is able to impart a wealth of knowledge to any young player. The difference is whether a player is able to absorb that knowledge, and frankly, many NBA players are not able to do that.

Green has been frequently advertised as a rookie with an incredible work ethic, drive and attitude. He's also one of the most skilled and talented player in the draft. Green's mid-season improvement would have happened regardless of the coaching staff, maybe not to the same extent, but it would have happened regardless.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and Nook like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, tons of former rookies had great work ethic but you did not hear from them.

Normally people who have a flashy PR team leak those things.

saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  14. fattz

fattz Member

If true I am proud of Silas and I am a Weaver fan. I truly believe Weaver will do great things. Silas make decisions and acting on them is a step to coaching. I don’t like direction but it’s movement.

15. Newlin

Newlin Member

Silas is doing the hiring and firing? Really?

daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

That is inference from the Iko article.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I love the way Tilfarts has won a championship.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Why?