1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Nov 17, 2021.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Never should have been NBA head coach

aaquaa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. Sengun

Sengun Member

He is shiiiit.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he fits tilman's sole requirement

minimum wage

BHannes2BHonest and pippendagimp like this.
  4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He deserved a chance and now it’s way past the time to move on.

Richie_Rich and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. H. Christopher

:D

6. fattz

fattz Member

Silas needs to go before he puts scars on the kids. Sengun needs to ask for a trade if this the way he is being handled. Garuba has been mishandled, too. Green has PSD —> mishandled.

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

He didn’t take your beloved player out of the rotation. He favored Theis on this night who was playing very well. Green is a highly valued rookie and top 2 draft pick that the organization is grooming so of course he will play but im not sure where you’re getting information from where Silas directly said that Green doesn’t have to “earn it”. Or is this your assumption?

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So for a tanking/rebuilding team, if a vet is playing well, guve them as much minutes and not play 1st round picks?

So throw away tne rotation because a vet is playing well

aaquaa likes this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

10. fattz

fattz Member

Looking at his Silas’s actions he is trolling or wants to see how much “power” he has over the team. I don’t think his moves are basketball decisions.

aaquaa, CXbby and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I never said i agreed with Silas. Im explaining why coaches do what they do. There’s always a reason and sometimes its internal. We aren’t privy to much of the information surrounding players and it’s easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge. As i have said at the end of the day its about players performing and Wood and KPJ just aren’t performing. What we have seen from sengun and green gives us hope at least. We should be happy for that. No need to blame Silas. The team just isn’t that good from top to bottom.

aaquaa likes this.
  12. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Only rational reason for his rotations is that Stone has asked him to showcase the vets for a few weeks and increase their trade value. There is no basketball or developmental reason to play Theis, Nwaba and House over KJ and Alpie

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The more he plays the vets the lower their trade value gets... we are 1-14 lol

14. Sengun

Sengun Member

He's useless man. He looks pathetic on the bench. He's coaching to keep a few SJWs happy. That's the only explanation for someone like Kenny Atkinson to coach where he can't find a team to coach. He's a lousy person. I told you before. No team in Europe would even hire him as a outfitter. I think the relationship between him and Theis is more than a player - coach relationship. I respect everyone's private preferences, but it should be kept away from the business environment. Private preferences should not affect business life.

aaquaa likes this.
  15. Sengun

Sengun Member

Congratulations to Sengun's father. He is a smart man like his son. From 6,000 miles away, he saw how useless loser Silas was.

aaquaa likes this.
  16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

His point is the Sengun has earned minutes. He plays hard 100% of the time. He plays defense. He doesn't seem to complain.

He started at the PF spot. House hasn't earned anything. And predictably was horrible. Wood and Sengun seem to play decent together. He played Theis because Theis was playing well. Fine, Wood was playing like ass. How about try Theis-Sengun together? Not sure what the deal was with Matthews. I didn't hate him, but that's kind of random. Nwaba with the random minutes to start the second half then no others. Armoni with the one random stretch.

It's just all random

17. Sengun

Sengun Member

Good luck in your play-off adventure with Theis who played very well yesterday. That's how your mind works, man. No one cares if Theis plays well or not, except for poor people like you and Silas because nothing changes. Rockets always lose. Then you do not lose with a trash like Theis but with Sengun. Did you understand? If you can't understand, read it over and over again and until understand.

aaquaa likes this.
  18. vince

vince Member

Silas has supporters? I guess they’ve been pretty slim to none, because hardly anyone stands up for that dude.

He’s a product of NBA nepotism, plain and simple.

aaquaa and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Personally, he seems like a super nice guy, somebody you would enjoy knowing socially. Unfortunately, he seems over his head in this situation. I don't think he makes the season. And Wall should be playing. Who made the decision to sit him?

aaquaa likes this.
  20. 7uche

7uche Member

Lol the entire fanbase and organization wanted him

Leading the historic offense of the Cavs was the reason everyone on here wanted him.