1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

ZERO plans for both offensive and defensive ends. No improvement after all these years in terms of team play...

Give me one single reason not to fire him...

Mr Woods, BigShasta, DeBeards and 5 others like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah member last season when he was trying to develop david nwaba , danuel house and theis? where are they now? lololol

roxallways, DeBeards, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  3. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Veteran leadership is much more important than developing the young talents obviously. Didn't you know that????

PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nobody in nba cares really..its just a job to them and they just go tru motions, all of them....owners agents refs gms and players...

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well thats a great point! cant think of a better leader than danuel house and eric gordon who cant dribble and likes to launches 35 footers early in the shotclock...

6. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Exacly my thoughts. HOFs of youth education.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think Silas understands that the NBA is basically run by superstars and he’s making an effort to be well liked by the players knowing that he’s likely not going to be in Houston long enough to be winning a title and wants to have players campaign to get him in with his next gig.

Don’t get me wrong… is he soft??… yes of course, but I do think some of it is intentional. I just laugh at how these coaches in interviews say crap like “well we played more iso that we wanted them too…”… well did you know Stephen that you are ACTUALLY the coach and can do something about it?? It would be funny if it wasn’t kind of sad.

I will say though hearing Darvin Ham talk about the Lakers postgame is even worse.

bmelo likes this.
  8. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I'm usually one of the last to criticize Silas but yesterday's loss was definitely on him. Also without all the easy misses we had at the rim we would have been up by at least 8 with 1 minute left.

LeDakota likes this.
  9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They need that first pick this year. He's doing a great job so STFU.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Okay, the Harden situation threw him off guard but it is fact that he would be here for three years and his stamp on the team is far from being serviceable.

Darvin Ham has been coaching the team for how long?

How much time does a man with no real credentials need to produce results, not just talking game results but a working system.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The day you are named coach… you are the coach. The fans and the media commentators shouldn’t let coaches, teams, and players off the hook with the whole “well it take some time to earn respect etc etc” nonsense.

If you don’t command respect from day 1 you shouldn’t be hired as the coach.

Maybe I’m old school or whatever but I find the notion that we excuse a coach for not really coaching because they haven’t been a coach for awhile ridiculous.

slothy420 and Dobbizzle like this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the excuses for this incompetent cretin are endless. just imagine him coaching the knicks -- media there wouldn't let his nice guy shtick in front of the camera absolve his laughable coaching

roxallways, J.R. and LeDakota like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Au contraire, dobro, fans do the opposite, they call for his head the most.

Coaches get fired the fastest, you usually don't see GMs passing torches so often.

You give them time because there is no replacement in sight most situations once season started.

Interim coaches work out or it would get worse than before.

#153 daywalker02, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  14. MystikArkitect

I'm literally the putting on clown make up meme thinking this team would look at least competitive this year. It's clear it's another tanking year. The lineup with JG and 4 non shooters in a winnable game that wasn't on a B2B proved it to me. Felt bad for JG. At some point you could actually see him process that he had no one to pass to that could actually hit a 3. He then passes it to Nix who proceeded to brick a 3.

Hope that Stone is at least scouting who the next head coach is going to be. Probably will spend more time watching Anthony Black, Scoot and the Thompson twins.

Mr Woods likes this.
  15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

1 more season of Silas to get a high 2023 pick. After that...he HAS to go.

16. anchel

anchel Member

Rockets have an offensive structure based on 5 guys open (with one roller) and p&r and hand-off situations for the guards with proper spacing. The plan is appropiated for the kind of team we have, wings and bigs, but that's just the initial structure, you gotta have something else. Other teams are showing different plays, Rockets show no playbook at all.

That framework is OK, specially for your transition offense, but you need to run some plays to create passing lines and body movement at positional offense, or the possesion ends on one of your guards playing ISO with the other players watching.

When Sengun is on the court, he helps at solving part of the issue, still, you need to make use of your playbook more often. Silas said they barely worked at the advanced offense for most of the training camp, they were focus on the defense and offensive basics. There's no time to introduce plays now on the road.

The thing is, this head coach and this core is not new at all, excepting Tari and Jabari. It is his 3rd season. You should have a bunch of plays of past seasons that players already knew and could work for this year's team. Complaining about lack of movement or too much ISO while you don't input some tactical resources, at your 3rd season, it´s... hard to swallow.

LeDakota likes this.
  17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

This is how I feel too. I legitimately thought that another year with the core PLUS adding Jabari would make us more competitive. I really thought we'd have a better record this year and might surprise people. BOY WAS I WRONG.

I know it's only been 5 games but it goes back to same old Silas. This team still doesn't have an identity. Nobody knows what offense they run. On defense they're all over the place. Silas just smiles and claps his hands and stays as a likable guy. He is not an NBA head coach.

I've accepted to myself that this is all part of the plan. I've accepted that Silas agreed with Stone and the front office that he will be the face of the tank job. I've accepted that we won't be competitive for a while until Stone hires a real coach.

Or at least that's what I tell myself to deal with the pain of being a Rockets fan right now.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Silas during timeouts and halftime:

[​IMG]

Crashlanded19 and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. MystikArkitect

This man over here talking about the players like he's not the ****ing coach lol. "They ran more isolation than I wanted them to". Wtf? He acts like he game plans for them then stays in the locker room until the game ends.

Crashlanded19 and LeDakota like this.
  20. kpdark

kpdark Member

The tank is on :(