1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Which vet was far from a bum on that team? This reminds me of when you were SURE Mobley would win ROY last year without bringing anything to the discussion besides "he's a better rookie" and just being mean about it lol.

Noticed you dodged my question about whether you feel Silas has shown enough to keep the job.

2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Post my actual quote where u said this

3. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Post my actual quote where u said this

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

I literally just listed a number of players. you can think they were bums but that's not reality. if they're considered bums, oh boy what are these guys on the rockets roster cause 99% of them are even worse

Funny how you bring that up and the rookie who won it isn't even having a good year and Mobley is the one looking like the best player from last year. MCW won ROY. Omg he's awesome. Not. An absolute scrub

I couldn't care less if silas keeps the job or not. The job was setup for failure regardless. He's more of a scapegoat for most of you.

#1384 YOLO, Mar 29, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    gfab-babyboi likes this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

This is projection. The fact is he lost his locker room and was terminated. There is nothing about Atkinson that sticks out, other than you guys keep throwing his name out. Udoka sticks out because we literally saw his passion & him holding guys accountable. Kenny Atkinson is just a name

xiki likes this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Firing Silas... the one flag SOFs and KPJ stans can unite under. :D

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Actually I'm not sure KPJ stans want Silas being fired. I can see them being the most hesitant in firing Silas because a coaching change 100% means the end of the KPJ starting pg experiment. Silas treats KPJ the same way he would treat Luka. If KPJ is your favorite player, you want to keep that hierarchy.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Member

Yep. We have no starting PG (KPJ ain't it) and no perimeter defense. Hence the team sucks.

AroundTheWorld and fchowd0311 like this.
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

The players you listed were all 2nd and 3rd year players lol. They weren't vets.

If you couldn't care less then it doesn't really seem like you're invested in the success of the team, so there's no point debating lol.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No, it's what was reported. What you're doing is projection and making an assumption as to why he was terminated.

I would love Udoka so I agree with you there.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

You're sitting here trying to highlight Atkinson's coaching when he had the one year of being over .500 and being "competitive". All other years he lead them to whopping 20 win seasons.

In that one year of 42 wins:

DLo was in his 4th year.
    Joe Harris was in his 5th year
    Dinwiddie was in his 5th year
    Lavert was in his 3rd year

Like I said far from 19/20 year old kids. There isn't a season when he had a roster full of kids. that actually makes it even worse for him

Not much of a debate when what you're trying to claim just isn't reality

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I was going off the season where they improved from 20 to 28 wins, so subtract a year from all of those. Also, Allen was in his second year that season.

Like I said before, I'm not asking for 40 wins because that's not realistic with this group yet. I'm asking for some measurable improvement. We're three years into Silas' tenure and I have no idea what his "system" is. The team has no identity whatsoever. Players aren't held accountable and are allowed to do whatever they want on the court and bicker at one another. You must not watch a lot of games to be this content with the state of the team right now.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

That wasn't an improvement. That was a change in roster going from the likes of Brook Lopez,/Bogdanovic/kilpatrick/J Lin out of Brooklyn. You;re acting like they have the same exact core going from 20 to 28 wins. They didn't.

If you want that exact change then you're asking for a roster overhaul. So that's not linear improvement. There's a difference. Context matters

Of course this team won't have an identity. Its funny how some of you are really shocked. 19/20 year olds don't come into the league with that. But that just goes back to how most of you were never ready for a full rebuild and never understood what was going to happen from day 1

gfab-babyboi and larsv8 like this.
  14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I just said I didn't ask for an exact win total change. I'm asking for some very basic things that a coach should do. It's clear Silas doesn't have the locker room and there's no hierarchy/leadership. There's a reason why everyone that closely follows the Rockets agrees that a change should be made. Everyone knows it.

Not sure if you're saying I fall into that category but I don't so, I won't address it.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

and you're trying to use the nets as an example when they didn't actually improve. And it was in reality a roster overhaul and getting to only 28 wins is actually pretty pathetic and nothing to highlight. So your correlation doesn't apply.

"everyone knows it" cool. great reference. this assumes everyone is very knowledgeable and knows what they're talking about. And well we've seen on CF's the majority is often wrong. just wish wash all the scapegoats every year. its the same song and dance.

#1395 YOLO, Mar 29, 2023
    gfab-babyboi likes this.
  16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Oh for sure, that awesome roster they in 2018 should have been what, 40, 50 wins? Ridiculous lol.

I'm not talking about CFs lol. Again, if you're content with the coaching and aren't in tune with everyone, including Clutch, that covers the team and acknowledges that a coaching change must be made, this isn't worth any more of my time.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

first part of your post doesn't make any sense. Your claim was clearly proven false so that was easy. Next. but but but nets improved. Not taking into account they got rid of their core rotation for a new one. Oh look they got to 28 wins. Wooooooo improvement. Nah

So now you speak for Clutch. got it.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  18. i3artow i3aller

#1398 i3artow i3aller, Mar 29, 2023
    J.R. likes this.
  19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He was put in an impossible position after the exodus of Harden.

It was completely obvious that the front office had gone into tank mode and that W's were not the barometer of success for this team, asset collection was ....

Now he's saddled with a team full of wet behind the ears teenagers who are mistake prone to say the least.

I think a very good indicator of the job he has done is the individual improvement and maybe more importantly the shot chart that has been at the top of the league (top 4) for the entire season - he's getting this roster full of kids to take quality shots - relative to the individual player - Green, Smith & Eason taking those open 3's are great shots , even if they aren't making them at a high rate, where as guys like Sengun & Tate are taking very few from outside, instead get the majority of their looks from the rim.

What he's teaching them is working - the results just haven't caught up yet.... and for some, maybe they won't but for others, they'll turn that proverbial corner and be better players for it.

Yeah, all things considered, I'd let him go into next year as the coach with a short leash. I think he's earned the opportunity to coach a team that's actually trying to win given that he was forced into coaching one that has obviously not been trying to win and getting the desired results - aside from W's and L's.

larsv8 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

I think there will be exodus of Rocket fans if they don’t get Wemby and keep Silas. That should finally get the owner’s attention.