1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Frank Vogel will be the next coach no one likes…will probably get more hate than MDA did on here

Erbnwarfare and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sengun did say he liked his coaches to be tough on him. Silas just slimy with his coaching I guess.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

Your joined date is 2019; but I thought maybe you lurked here prior. CF has a couple folks with actual insider connections who drop in here from time to time: ch44 and cyberX.

4. TimDuncanDonaut

Agree that Vogel might not be popular with fan base, but he's qualified for development. He also has a trophy under his belt as head coach (which even Snyder and Atkinson haven't done). Kenny has one with 2021-22 GSW as an assistant.

In the bubble year, Vogel's LAL bounced us (MDA's harden/webrook duo) out of the 2nd round. Adjustments after game 1 was enough for a gentleman's sweep.

Vogel can coach defensively which this team desperately need. He's worked with a young Pacers team before. I'm curious if he'd bring in some quality assistants. (... and maybe Stone can convince the new HC; Vogel or whomever to keep Mahmoud Abdelfattah).

Development time is precious, and we need a system. Even if some of the guys are not Rocket's future core; still have to develop them so they're attractive trade chips.

#1184 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 27, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
    Aruba77 likes this.
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

If he was a tough coach to everyone I would have no problem with it, except he babies some players while actively tries to marginalize others. All because his own system is guard oriented. At best that’s selfish, at worst it is gross negligence that harms the franchise.

6. CXbby

CXbby Member

I just listened to the interview in is entirety. When Silas was asked how Jalen did he also said he did a “pretty good job”.

Jalen had 6 points on 2-9 shooting and a team worst -23 on the court.

He spent the whole time talking about Sengun’s turnovers when asked how he did.

Sengun had 14 points 6 reb 7 assists 2 steals 2 blocks.

Both did a “pretty good job”.

I’m fking done.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Silas reasons for firing:

Coaching Team to being the worse team 3 years in a row

Refusal to stagger his playmakers

Spam heavy mins of c. Wood, Eric Gordon, nix, etc. Over his youngsters.

Fail to recognize sengun talent and build around that over his child kpj

Priotize kpj development over the team

Is a yes man.

Can't discipline anyone

Coaching/half time adjustments are a foreign concept to Silas

Always smiling, awful rotations

Folks are regressing

bmelo, clos4life, ashleyem and 2 others like this.
  8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Vogel wouldn’t be my first choice, but he’s definitely a good coach with some good experience. I would not be mad at that hire.

clos4life and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's time. He's gone as far as he can possibly go and now they're regressing. I had no illusions of playoffs this season but I would've thought they'd be closer to a 30 win team than a 10 win team. Fire him and let John Lucas run out the rest of the season. Then find someone that can actually develop these players and turn them into something more competitive. I watched the win the other night and they had to work SOOOOOOOO hard to eek out a win over a mediocre Minnesota team. Only to follow that up with blowing another big lead against a less than mediocre Wizards team. If they get blown out by the Pistons tomorrow, they have to fire Silas.

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

100%

ashleyem and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Thanks….good memory, you are correct been here much longer than 2019. Remembered CyberX from when he called the Dwight Howard signing. Just couldn’t remember ch44. Once again, much appreciated!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. Landry's Tooth

Someone probably mentioned already, but I don't hesitate to give Bullard the job...

He's loyal to the organization, understands x/os, and is a good communicator.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

when we had pj tucker he was terrible here, when he left us he won ring with bucks and went a missed 3 pointer near the finals next year with miami

16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I’ve hung out with Vogel when he coached the Pacers and he’s a good man and a good coach. Don’t judge him by the Lakers as LeBron gets good coaches fired at high rates.

Aruba77 likes this.
  17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Dunno what you were watching. But PJ Tucker was not terrible as a Rocket.

18. PatBev

PatBev Member

I don’t think I’ve scene a better tank lineup in my life

Aruba77 likes this.
  19. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Let’s go! Just now seeing this. This team needs a change for sure. I want to see a proven coach brought in.

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

we are just so much more likeable under lucas.

look i've never really been pro-lucas as HC material but man he at least holds players accountable. we really need that right now to properly evaluate some of the players.

AroundTheWorld likes this.