1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Just realized that if you add the numbers above it’s a combined 2-44. What the $&@“ is the ownership doing??????? Fire this guy asap and show you care just the slightest bit. I’m a die hard fan, but the only thing I ask is that the ownership gets upset with losing, but not a peep out of them. Three disgraceful seasons and not a bit of movement on a coach with 34-145 overall record. Most teams would have fired the entire staff a year ago. Also, nice seeing Wall get paid 45 million by us to beat us the other night. It was well worth it to give Nix the extra playing time he would not have had if Wall were here. WAKE UP TEAM….no wonder it’s a ghost town at Toyota Center!!!!! Prediction: Silas will be here longer than Kerr at GS.

2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Its interesting that people are talking about "Get better". As if no one can fix it and thats the same tired argument that they had with Nash. Last night against the Wizards without Kyrie, Simmons and Warren I saw the Nets fight harder and play harder than Ive ever seen them under Nash. Go back just a couple of years and the Hawks were one of the worst teams in the NBA all of a sudden they fire their coach and hire Nate and boom contender. Ime Udoka comes in at Boston and makes them the best defensive team in the league, gets them to the finals in year one. You know Stevens was tired of hearing how much better he was than him. Will Hardy in Utah, Willie Green in New Orleans. Popp in SA takes a bunch of scrubs arguably with less talent than we do and they fight every night. So whoever said "I dont know if it will get better" without Silas can kiss my ass. Its the excuse everyone goes to when a coach sucks. "Coaching doesnt really matter" Yes, it matters a lot. Its the difference between a player who could be a future star being treated like a red headed step child or actually beign developed and treated right. Take a look at what Doc did last night and ask Philly fans if coaches dont matter. They matter and things will get instantly better when Silas is fired bcause he just doesnt fit and he's tooo stuck in his lways. I dont mind losing but the guys need to be developed correctly in the process and THEY are not.

#282 Joe Rocket, Nov 5, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  3. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

Anyone with minimum brain will agree

4. MystikArkitect

The reality is that if another coach came in to replace Silas, we'd be signing a PG so fast Tilmans checkbook would get whiplash.

Ankara1923, Carpe82 and Joe Rocket like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Painfully obvious to us and oblivious to some in the management.

6. Rockets4Life13

Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas Fire Silas

7. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

He’s gotta go!!!

8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Silli@ss!
    Enough is enough.

9. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

You can just see by the body language he lost the team. Fire him

10. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

11. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This team is not going anywhere with KPJ as PG. I know it, You know it, he knows it, we know it, everyone knows it, only Silas doesn't know it...

Richie_Rich, cheke64, Carpe82 and 4 others like this.
  12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Why did Sengun only get 20 mins tonight?
    [​IMG]

ilias, Ankara1923 and Joe Rocket like this.
  13. Risingred

Risingred Member

This is it. Let's hope Banchero scored 30+ points and blow us out on Monday, hopefully that'd be enough to get our coach dismissed.

14. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

Silas is just trolling to be fired. No one can be stupid like this. I can't believe, that the owner let him troll more and more!
    He let a player play only 20 minutes who got the most impact into the game!

15. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I don't care about our record. We are a rebuilding team. I care about the developement of our young players. Last season I felt like he didn't really help them. He said he threw out most of their plays because the team is so young, but the result was, that the team didn't create easy baskets - and Green was sitting in the corner for the most time for the first half of the season.

Green was getting worse, not better at the quarter before he really did get better. I didn't know, if that was because of Silas, so I was fine with keeping him. But still, neither Christopher, nor Sengun or Garuba really got better last season.

This year Green seems to be a little worse than at the end of last season - the lack of a floater really hurts him. He can hit the three and he can get by his defender, but he still struggles against a stack paint. A floater would do wonders. Sengun seems to be better (but that may also be because of the weight room and his international play). Christopher seems worse, Garuba a lot better (maybe same reason as Sengun). Jabari looked up and down throughout summer league and preseason, but is very clearly on a downward spiral right now. I hope he uses his illness like Green used his injury last season.

Now what really puzzles me is his in game management. Green comes out hot - and then sits on the bench for a long time. Sengun looks unstopable - but after picking up a stupid 3d foul he hardly gets any more minutes (despite not fouling again). And perhaps most importantly: in our first quarter we had great ball movement - then we stopped doing that. We went back to taking hard shots after isos or a top screen.

So overall, I just don't know what Silas is doing. I think he is a great guy but I am not sure if he is a great coach for a young, rebuilding team.

16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He uses every excuse he can not to play Sengun. This time its fouls. Let him freaking foul out I dont care, he'll learn. SIllting him makes no sense. He is only starting him because bruno is injured. I just never seen a coach this stupid before and that includes Mchale and Nash.

LeDakota, Ankara1923 and ashleyem like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It won't make a difference in my opinion.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

Great post overall but, "great guy"? Do you know him? Maybe his a rapist or a thief in his spare time. Don't understand this kind of statements

bmelo and ashleyem like this.
  19. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

He fouled out Sengun after him having 3 fouls.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  20. bmelo

bmelo Member

I bet he is forced by board to play him

LeDakota and Ankara1923 like this.