1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

You know whats the worse...his stupid fukin constant use of screens...thats killing my soul the most...

Carpe82 and ThatboyPhuong like this.
  2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

How do you improve as a coach? This man is so embarrassing.

Carpe82 likes this.
  3. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

He's going to have wemby stand in the corner like jg last year.

So Saith Red likes this.
  4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

If the Rockets get another top 5 pick next that means Silas will be gone.

5. RocketsDraftTV

Tilman is all about cutting corners and making profit above all else. Getting wemby would add 700 million in revenue to the team that drafts him, you dont think a career gambler like tilman isnt angling for a shot at wemby knowing the monetary gain it would add to the rockets. Silas is in my opinion doing what tilman tells him to do, thats why you are seeing so many questionable moves late in games. No coach is that stupid over and over intentionally

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

ngl... it looks like he's intentionally sabotaging the team with his decisions. i honestly hope he is because nobody can be that dumb.

7. MystikArkitect

Silas appears to have a very passive-aggressive approach to what he does. Most "nice guys" do. They struggle with being direct and instead do things that don't particularly make sense in hopes that people will just fall in line and not question it. If someone gets angry, they're response is then to give them what they want in hopes they go away which in turn just breeds even worse behavior. It's why so many second generation wealth earners struggle, they've never had to deal with any of the confrontation because daddy was always there to take care of it.

I noticed last year and this year that he has his pets. He also appears to freeze out rookies and Alpy specifically. There was no reason to take him out of the game in the final moments. For what? Are you trying to win or trying to lose? In the end, if you lose at least it's a learning experience. The Magic this year and the Pistons last year absolutely *spammed* Cade/Paolo. Jabari can't even get a shot in this offense because Silas would seemingly rather have KPj controlling things. Jaesean/Nix/Mathews are 3 other players that shouldn't be seeing any time.

Last nights lineup in the 3rd quarter of a winnable game was Mathews/Martin/Tari/Garuba/Nix. That's a G-League lineup. Absolutely no creators there and the only reason it worked was because they all actually decided to bust ass on defense. But I'm not sure how you can, with a straight face, throw that lineup out there with Jalen, KPJ, Jabari, EGo AND Al-P sitting on the bench. Every single relevant offensive creator was on the bench. For what? To tank? We all accepted early on that this team was going to suck. But not like this. Jabari looks broken. Jalen same. EGo is going off on Twitter people now. The more I try to make sense of it the more frustrated I get. This feels just like last year. I tune in to watch Jalen/Jabari/Sengun and instead I get the Dumb and Dumber point guard show.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I hope Fertitta's son reads Clutchfans.

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Didn't even mentioned that JC got sent to the shadow realm to never come back for some weird reason. Mathews should not b havin this much more mins than JC.

I really do think that JC poor treatment is affecting Jalen Green. Silas mins distribution is awful.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Really bad news for our future prospects if Jalen is this mentally weak.

snowconeman22, maj21 and Denovo like this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If Eric gordon, a vet is getting triggered on twitter, Silas must b doing something to fk up the chemistry on the team.

I don't think it's mentally weak per se, it just Silas is losing the locker room, and everybody isn't taking it seriously enough.

Carpe82, ak99999 and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...Josh Christopher being benched should not lead to Jalen Green being incapable of hitting jump shots.

I am not defending Silas' coaching, though. He obviously sucks.

ak99999 likes this.
  13. Sengun

Sengun Member

Everyone knows that if Silas is fired from the Rockets, he won't be able to coach any NBA team. Do you think he can even get a job overseas? I really don't think so. China? Even that seems impossible. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Houston Rockets coach.

ashleyem likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

i don't want to b making excuses for Jalen green poor performance, but i do think it's an accumulation of things.

Jalen isn't a vet so his performance is inconsistent and could b effected by the little things.

Sht coach, wack a$$ offensive system, weird rotations and chemistry issues. Im pretty sure Jalen Green will snap out of it, but it really starts with the coach.

If green was actually treated like the primary option like Cade, and Banchero I would b a lot more worried if he is sucking balls. Green isn't the main primary option, in silas offense, it's seems like its every man for themselves.

ak99999, ashleyem and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. MystikArkitect

You don't get to where Jalen has gotten by being mentally weak. I do think him, Sengun, Jabari and EGo are all starting to check out. KPj doesn't because as long as he gets his shots I don't really think he cares. Why would you exert maximum effort just so that Nix and Mathews can come in and piss it all away? We've all worked in environments with bad culture. **** drains you. I'm wondering why exactly Caleigh left as well. Said it was because of her fiancee but Morey said the same thing about spending time with his kids or whatever when he just wanted to GTFO.

ak99999, ashleyem and DatRocketFan like this.
  16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I was on record not long ago saying I was willing to give him more time to implement his so-called "system". But last night's game may just be the last straw. Benching Sengun who almost single handedly orchestrated the comeback. Last 3 plays drawn for Eric Gordon...

I can understand why he trusted Eric Gordon. He's a vet and so far has been our most consistent player. But damn if this does not reek of desperation. Seems like he wanted this win so bad. I think he's on a hot seat, or at least I hope so.

ashleyem likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

1st and 2nd year players are "checking out" 7 games into the season?

Yikes. I sure hope not.

YOLO likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's not throw Morey's family vacation into the mix who co-created the 'Let Harden do whatever he wants' culture here.

I do think the Fertittas are toxic in terms of basketball decisions but let's not pretend Morey was this guy that can't do anything wrong.

Morey was a control dude so it seemed within reason why he became President of Bball operations elsewhere.

I was surprised by Caleigh's decision but maybe her fiancee is from Ohio.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

I been nostalgic as hell lately and i really miss JVG, but i wonder if things have changed so much that todays NBA players just don't go for that kind of leadership anymore. They all want player friendly pushovers, and former players. The idea in my head of the Drill Instructor getting the young kids in line and teaching them discipline and how to be men is a thing of the past. JVG would get run out after yelling and forcing 2 a day every day practices. Haha i love that guy. Silas is the elementary school counselor in comparison.

Oh well. That's the world we live in today and the NBA's reflection is that of it's face. This is LeBron's NBA. Spoiled whining instant gratification team up league. Throw a tantrum in the locker room? Reward. Leave the arena during half time? Reward. Miss practice to go to the Super Bowl? That's okay, take a mental health leave of absence for a few weeks and come back when you're ready Stevie. You choked out your head coach Spree? Here's your reward. Got a family to feed Spree? We understand! Here's your half a billion extension.

ashleyem likes this.
  20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Old school coaches aren't viable in this era. U have to b personable while at the same time know how to actually coach. i think Mahmoud Abdelfattah would do just fine coaching this young team.

Only one that can b a drill instructor is Pop, he earned it.