1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Mr. Space City

whats trading for pau gasol if your not going to contend?

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

FIRE his ass, this is so bullshet wtf is this **** **** you morey

3. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Morey panicked and came up with one of the WORST trades in recent memory. This trade has absolutely NO DIRECTION behind it, for this team. He thinks he has a winning formula right now and that Gasol is our main piece?? Memphis already tried that. Now we gave up Dragic and draft picks as well. This trade has thrown us years behind :mad:

4. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

He may still be an efficient scorer but based on a new rule change, going under a defender's arms (Martin and Durant are notoriously for it) it will now be called either a traveling or offensive foul.

You guys who aren't in favor of this trade because we're losing Martin AND/OR Scola are forgetting that this frees up our cap space for THIS year AND/OR next year.

5. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Agreed

6. eric281

eric281 Member

Does everyone not realize that Scola was a detriment to our success last year? He is awful on defense, and this will be a huge improvement. This is the kind of move Morey has been geraring up to make. Tons of puzzle pieces to move to the end game.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Not where I live...

[​IMG]

8. vick

vick Member

Also gave up N Y first round pick and a second round pick, but got 3 million back, so they can resign Chuck and Ne Ne, or Dalembert

9. aggie87

aggie87 Member

how old is Gasol again?? isnt he only 28?

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gonna wait and see what else Morey does. I know he has said that while he would like to go for a top draft pick, Alexander has him under orders to rebuild while winning. Far that goal goes, this is a good a good move by Morey, especially if he can snag more help with the cap room.

If Patterson continues to grow, then he along with Lowry might make a great young duo. If TWill actually pans out, even better.

If the team totally sucks, as in the Pau era Grizzlies, then all the better.

11. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Correct me if I'm mistaken but Morey sent our 2012 (top 10 protected I THINK) pick and we have a 2012 NY pick (top5pick). That NY pick will be completely useless unless the Knicks have season ending injuries to Melo/Amare. If we're going the direction that Les wants us to and try to build through the draft and trading, we're going in the right direction. What did we have in Martin and Scola? They were both either suspect in the DEFENSE department.

Martin had the ability to draw fouls but seeing as how the league is changing the definition of drawing a foul, if a player is trying to draw a foul using the defender's outstretched arm he will be penalized with an offensive foul (its somewhere around the intraweb, look it up if you don't believe me). He's great offensively but defensively he's always more of a negative influence than anything else.

Scola's great, he can score with the best of them but when it comes to closing out PF's with shooting range he's definitely a liability. He's definitely undersized as a 5 (which we were probably going to throw him in there seeing as how Hayes is as good as gone to the Kings).

Yes Pau isn't the answer we need at the C position but his addition to the team gives us if not anything else, SIZE and COMPETENCY to play the 4/5. No he's not known for being a bruiser or known for his defense and/or blocking skills but we'll definitely be a player in the market this year and next if anything.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Remember when he was willing to gut the team for Bosh? lol. Morey is overrated, stop riding his jock.

13. diehardrockets

Do yall actually think that this is all that's going to be done? Don't you think that this could POSSIBLY be a move to create a package to snag someone else even bigger (figuratively and literally)?

14. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Do people seriously think Scola is better than Gasol?

15. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Blind fanboyism :rolleyes:

16. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The post which I quoted didn't make sense

17. triAGlete

triAGlete Member

This was an aboslute Garbage trade and it is simply morey looking for any piece he can. we just continue to be a laughing stock. not only do FAs not want to sign here, but we lay down and take it in a trade to get the other teams their stars. Everyone got better in that trade aside for the rockets, who not only got worse, but got put years back as far as progress goes..terrible. awful. horrid. garbage. trade
    morey - i used to LOVE this guys as i watched him stock pile assets but i am so over this guy after the last two seasons of garbage trades.

18. Johnson2000

Johnson2000 Member

Yes, and he has more heart

19. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

Our bench is overflowing amazing assets, haven't you heard?

20. thekad

thekad Member

Get rid of him.

Morey is a nice guy. Gives Memphis the piece they needed to make the playoffs (while the Rockets were also trying to make the playoffs) and takes a $5mil/yr bust off their hands and now gives the best point guard in basketball to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Maybe he'll win the Sportsmanship Award.

1 person likes this.