1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Morey destroyed a good team for nothing! And lost our first selection next year! Is time to fire him!

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I hope Morey somehow gets Bledsoe or Dragic, signs Marion and gets a back up center like Okafor.

Bledsoe/ Dragic, Marion, Ariza, Okafor >>>>> Lin, Parsons, Asik

That would shut all the haters up.

Let's get it done Morey!!

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kept the loser coach and well...things only got worse from there. :eek:

Maybe next year! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Keep Mchale after a horrible seasons of coaching, let parsons out of his contract for fear he would walk away next season, waste our time on people that didn't want to be here, trade Lin and Asik for nothing, let parsons walk, come out and say we aren't a championship team, then state that we aren't going to make moves this year to become one....

Do I have it all right? Fire this man

5. Remii

Remii Member

I don't know how to post a video but this is embarrassing as hell.

Watch "Downfall of Morey" on YouTube
    Downfall of Morey: http://youtu.be/B7uzjyvO1O4

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

I watched it and didn't enjoy it, but I'll make it easier for the next person if they chose to waste a few minutes of their life like I did. Might as well see what the enemy is saying about you. :grin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B7uzjyvO1O4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im not one of the people crying like straight up b****es in this thread and even though Morey had an absolutely horrible week I still support most of his decisions.

with that said, that video is kind of hilarious.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Stop treating Morey like an asset ;)

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It really was one of the better Hitler videos in terms of timing and exploiting facial expressions, etc.

The main disappointment was wasting the whispering women moment. Lots of options for that, especially with today's signings.

10. Remii

Remii Member

"I asked if Dirk was available as a joke, and now Cuban does this"... Lmao... D@mn :(

Morey is going to have to learn to keep his guard up. Can't throw punches and not expect someone to eventually punch back. Actions have consequences.

11. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

lol this free agency sucked but firing morey is stupid as hell. the minute he gets fired, 25 other teams are gonna call him to take their offer. i'd rather have morey with us than against us

12. Nero

Nero Member

Holy crap there is WAY too much stupid in the GARM.

Every single one of you bleeping MORONS who are out there screaming to 'Fire Morey' should seriously just go lock yourself in a refrigerator for a while.

Absolutely embarrassing.

1 person likes this.
  13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Morey is just following orders. As long as Les is obsessed with star-chasing, we're in for more offseasons like this. Now we're gonna suffer through the same crap next year with Love and Dragic turning us down. The following year, it'll be Durant(and probably Dwight after he opts out).

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

After 54 wins??? The season hasn't started yet to even see what the team will be...

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So we lost Lin, Asik, Parsons for Ariza, Dorsy, Adrin?
    Oh, nooooooooooo, fire him!!!

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Finally clicked on this thread and realized that it's yet another bump (is there a virus going round? people bumping threads like crazy). I'll just add my 2 cents. Firing Morey would be a disaster for the Houston Rockets.

17. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Asik - Was unhappy, asked to be traded and was gonna walk after this year. Morey got a great pick for him. This deal likely isnt available at the trade deadline.

Lin - Too inconsistent to start. Too overpaid to be a backup. Didn't mesh with Harden. Morey essentially gave up a couple decent 2nd round picks to unload his 15 mil balloon payment. Best deal he could find and had to pull trigger early to gamble for Bosh. Perhaps with a better coach we could have utilized him better. Unfortunate but necessary. I can't really criticize this move.

Parsons - The heart of our team, 3rd option, #1 tradeable asset leaves team with zero compensation. We didn't need to decline him to chase free agents, but he likely would have left the following year out of spite had we not let him test RFA. This one hurt but not matching his ridiculous offer was the intelligent and rational move.

Ariza - Great player as a 3rd option to replace Parsons. Better defense, better 3pt shooting. The fact Morey was able to lure him in so quickly and below market value while teams were practically giving away money is nothing short of miraculous.

Daniels - Re-signed deadly 3pt shooter who showed us something in playoffs. I really thought some team was gonna bite and give him 2 mil but Morey was able to bring him back cheap after declining his team option. Was a little worried about this one.

Dorsey - No risk here. If he can be Greg Smith off the bench it will have been a good move.

Capela - Not sure we still draft this guy in hindsight. We only got him because we thought we could stash him overseas. Hard to say if the Rockets still draft him knowing what they know now.

Johnson - Looked really impressive so far in summer league. Could be our next Chandler Parsons 2nd round steal. Either way, great use of a low risk pick.

There's still many more short term moves pending. We still have our 8.4mil TPE, 5.3mil MLE, ~2mil room exception to play around with. Team is looking at Papanikolaou, hopefully they can work something out and not eat into the MLE. Main concern right now is finding a starting stretch 4. If we can find something nice to fill that spot I'd say we had a C+ or B- off-season. Which, I'd say is a huge recovery from what could have easily been an F or D. Other GMs are scared to take the risks Morey does because they wouldn't have been able to recover from catastrophe. We are really lucky to have him and his team. Other owners would kill to steal him from us.

18. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Why would you fire him right now? At least let the season to play to be able to gauge this summer's offseason moves (or lack of moves).