1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. rju1986

rju1986 Member

They also traded the 1st and 2nd round picks according to nba.com. Dont know which year. All in all, BAD MOVE!! Dislike.

2. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

LOL! I thought I would be the first guy to write this thread. However I see where this could potentially go with the money we just freed up and other possibilities out there. So he has one year to pull this off I think before it turns into fire Morey time if his plan doesnt pan out after Pau Gasol comes here.

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

How does this indicate the end of the thread when I can still post here with the greatest of ease?

4. AFS

AFS Member

Lol. CFers are hilarious. Everyone always complains about how the Rockets can never get in on a deal, and now they finally landed a top15 player in the NBA and everyone is getting pissed. Don't forget, we acquired Scola and Martin for peanuts and we just turned them into Pau Gasol. On top of that, with Patterson and Lee now presumably the starts at the 2 and 4 spots, our defense gets tons better.

5. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

shut the f--- up

1 person likes this.
  6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

People really thought the Rockets were going to trade marginal players and a couple of offensive magicians who don't play defense into something better than Pau Gasol?

7. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

We are playing towards the coaching strength post. Gasol over Scola in post any day. I understand Martin is a big loss but we got ride of our 2 worse defenders. Bring back the Defense!

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

They obviously weren't considered "so much better" at the time they were traded, otherwise the idiots who traded them to Morey wouldn't have agreed. Just like in a year from now, when it will be plainly obviously to everyone how Gasol, one of the best bigmen in the league at the moment, was "so much better" than Martin and Scola, even to the idiots who don't see it yet today.

9. cod

cod Member

and a Rockets player going to the Lakers.

Morey can build a championship team just not for the Rockets.

10. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

TOUCHE!

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

THIS !!!!

12. Moleb

Moleb Member

I've stood up for Morey for a long time, but not anymore. Overall though we need a new owner who wants to win a ring, not just be good enough to fill the seats and get money. And thats what Les is doing.

13. aicedo

aicedo Member

can everyone just quit freaking out about what just happened i know we just traded our top two scorers on the team but we will have new scorers and Gasol is going to be one of them. How can someone say fire Morey acquiring an allstar power forward, ok scola, martin, and dragic are really good guys and good players but you have give up good players to acquire good players. Thats the way it goes in this business, this isnt a one sided deal. You think Morey would rather have Pau Gasol than Chris Paul, NO, but he did what he could to make the team better.

14. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Prime example: Lakers had to give up two two-time championship pieces to get Paul, who hasn't won a damn thing.

With Gasol being an All-star on top of that.

15. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

are you for the trade now?

16. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

17. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Can we resign Hayes now please?

18. aicedo

aicedo Member

No he's not. He's trying to keep us relevent while rebuilding on the fly. He said that the city deserves it and I agree with him and everyone else in the front office. And even though it is hard and I think it has never been done before, I think we can pull it off.

19. rocketman619

rocketman619 Member

Screwed

Look, I know im not the only one that realizes this, but it's Houston's players going to New Orleans for the most part. It's obvious that New Orleans wants the players that Houston has to offer. I say screw the Lakers and trade staight up with New Orleans. Houston was already willing to take Chris Paul without any assurances. Is Pau Gasol that huge of an improvement over Luis Scola?

20. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

That extra height would help Houston out a lot. Gasol averages 1 block per game, something Scola can never do.

If we still had Yao, I would spit at this trade.