1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. sweetie

sweetie Member

Since the insiders wont tell you ,I will. Mobley will not be traded ever. Its fun to speculate,but it wont happen ever.

When Alvin Williams and Mo peterson are available for over a week and the more expensive headcase Jalen rose is the bait instead of Mobley,you know the rockets arent pulling the trigger because of $$$.

Mobley wether you hate him or love him,makes very little $$$ compared to guys like Rose and soon to be new contract Crawford. The rockets owner will not ever pay the lux tax unless its for a KG type player,so this team is stuck with these idiots for about 4 more years until Moochies and Taylors,and Mobleys contracts are up. Then maybe then we can make deals.

Until then,how about blaming dumbass cato for the loss instead of cuttino because cato is the worst offensive player I have ever seen. Even point blank layups are airballs with him,and its been that way his whole career and will never change.

2. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

Cat has no respect to Yao, I feel that way since last year. I keep hoping Cat and Yao can co-exist , after this game I really think they can not.

3. lavarock

lavarock Contributing Member

I seriously had enough of mobley after this game.
    No hope for the cat, trade him plz

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Yeah Mobley's 50%+ shooting(60% from 3 pt range) really cost us the game. Cat and Yao were the only ones keeping the Rox in this game. As for Cat fighting with Yao for the Rebound, you act like he was trying to take it away from Yao. If you've EVER played basketball you know when the ball is up there you go for it, and in the moment you cannot tell who is there. It was a Hustle play and just bad luck. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME TO EVERY TEAM JUST ABOUT EVERY GAME. Get a life. A guy shoots 7-13 (3-5 from 3 pt range) and all of a sudden he is the reason the team lost .... Yeeeaaaah ok

5. haven

haven Member

Errrm... no.

Is it inevitable that you're occasionally going to beat your own man for a rebound? Yes.

Is it a "tough luck" play every time? No.

So you have to look at the specific circumstances. In this case, there were only two players going for the rebound. And Yao had position. So, Mobley, coming from an angle to the ball, had to see that there was nobody there other than Yao.

Why did he go for the rebound? God knows. I have trouble believing he's trying to pad his stats. My guess is, he wanted to get the ball immediately to take it up court. But that's still no excuse.

When the big man is getting a board... unless there's a damned good reason, you let him have it. That play seriously pissed me off. No reason for that crap.

6. x_trepidation_x

Cat clearly did take away Yao's rebound at the end of the game, which was a costly turn over. I'm not sure why Cat did that but it was odd and questioned. However, I think the bigger problem is our overall poise and execution at the end of the games.

In the last 5 minutes of a tightly fought game there should be:

1) 5 players who have the best chemistry on the floor.
    2) 5 players who understand and are willing to carry out Van Gundy's system
    3) 5 players who are going to make smart decisions
    4) 5 players with the most poise

Based on the criteria above, there are certain players who shouldn't be on the floor at the end of games. I suppose depending on the match ups those 5 players will change. However, there is something I am certain of, if Yao is benched during those last few minutes of a close game then something didn't go right.

7. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

great point.. I agree with you. rockets has to do something in the future to make these players in the same page.

8. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Yes, Cat certainly proved your point last night. My logic may be flawed, but you have no logic. A good shot doesn't always go in but there's a far greater chance for it to go in. It's called a, gee what was it again, oh yeah, a high % shot. So sure if you're gonna tell me you want the whole team to take bad shots alright. We'll just tell Cato to shoot 20 footers, MoT to shoot 3's, EG's already where's he's at when he comes back, Moochie to actually take shots, Boki to dribble through the defence like Steve and Cat and of course have Yao shoot the ball when triple teamed instead of finding the open man. His FG% will be f*cked up but he'll put up tons of stats. Hey who cares if Houston loses it'll make all the Yao only AND Steve/Cat only fans happy. Now that's a miracle.

9. MFW2310

You didn't watch the game did you? There was no Blazers player ANYWHERE near the ball. Yao jumped up, put his hands on it (and because he saw no Portland players around him), was already surveying up the court for fastbreak opportunities. Then Cat jumped up and stripped the ball from him. Translation: Yao's head was turned but he knew Cat was the only one there; Cat was facing Yao so he knew Yao was the only one there and stripped the ball nevertheless. It's one thing for players on the same team to go aggressive for the board when they didn't know they were going against each other. It's another to strip the ball from your big man when you know he's right in front of you AND has the ball. Not only that, what does he do after? He realized he made a mistake and tried to let go, but instead throws the ball out of bounds.

10. RocketManJosh

Ummmm ... noooo .. That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. The point was that yes Cat takes a few bad shots but he makes a high enough percentage that he makes up for taking a few bad shots. Taking 10 shots at 50% with a couple bad shots is just as good as Jim Jackson taking 10 shots making 50% with no bad shots. Man give it up .. you don't know what the hell you were talking about.

11. RocketManJosh

Yall act like he intentionally tried to steal the ball away from Yao to pad his rebounding stats. I'm telling you ... He didnt was probably watching the ball the whole way from the shot and didn't realize Yao was there. But sorry I forgot that everything is Mobley and SF fault. Sure it was a mistake by Mobley, but if you think he did this because he hates Yao or to pad his stats or something then I am sorry that your mind is warped so bad.

12. rocketjf

rocketjf Member

I did watch the game, I don't want to say Mobley hates Yao, but he sure knew Yao was there.

13. MFW2310

And you are the stupidest moron I've ever met. Name one game where Cat didn't shoot at least 3 shots outside the framework of the offence.

14. MFW2310

Oh yeah, turn it into another Yao vs. Cat thread. Nice. Show where I said it's Yao against Cat. My mind is warped. HA.

15. superpro

superpro Member

MFW2310, the best strategy for you do when you are having trouble to enlighten the fans like him is to ignore him.

They are kind of like low IQ fans or so-called die-hard fans. There is no way for you to let them go of their morbid love for some certain players. They don't care anything else, just the secrete, morbid love of certain players.

We, as basketball fans, love beautiful basketball and well executed plays only. We, as fans of a certain team, want only to see a good team playing good basketball. And we, as fans of certain players, cheer for his good moves and criticize him for his bad plays.

We don't worship certain players let alone they are the players that leaded this team to lottery four years in a row. That's the difference between an educated fan and a stupid fan.

16. tannersearle78

About Cat accidentally taking the rebound away from Yao.

That happens all the time during the season with almost every team.

It just happened to happen during a very crucial time in a close game last night.

17. zong

zong Member

Accidentlly....almost every team?:eek:

18. RocketManJosh

When did I say ANYTHING disparaging about Yao in the thread. If you are saying that Cat hates Yao so much that he intentionally tried to take the ball away from Yao then you are just stupid. End of story.

And to your previous comment ... I can't find a game where Cat has not taken 3 or more bad shots. I've already said that Yes he takes bad shots, but his high percentage on other shots makes up for it. If you'd learn how to read you might have figured that out.

19. RocketManJosh

Nope you only worship players that have LED(that's the correct word in this situation not leaded) this team to the lottery for the past year. I worship the TEAM that has won two championship and the TEAM that has been in the lottery 4 straight years. I am merely defending one of the TEAM's good players because people like you don't understand basketball and root for one single player as your lord and savior.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Josh,

Give it man. Its a lost cause. You need to learn how to use a feature on the bbs called the ignore list. It works most of the time except when people quote other people. Try it, and you may be able to keep your sanity.