1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I can't recall someone who singlehandedly is sabotaging the Rockets chances of winning. What a ****ING IDIOT!

2. fietguy

fietguy Member

i dont know why he is the only player to stare at Yao when he is wide open in the post and wait for 3 seconds, and then decide no, im not going to pass...

is he wasting Yao's energy for no reason?

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

He gets an "F" for shot selection.

4. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Mobley made the key 3 pt basket. Without that shot Rockets might now have won so can everyone stop bashing Mobley.
    Makes me sick to read this crap.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

London's burning, glad you are also happy that we won. And thanks for the all caps...

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

This is so hilarious. A thread started bashing Mobley and a couple of posts agreeing with the poster BEFORE the game even ends? We win, 8-3, first place in the Midwest Division, thank you very much!

7. fietguy

fietguy Member

sorry, im like JVG, and most goal-oriented people...

just because we win, which is great, i was leaping out of my seat cheering when cat hit that three, and when cato grabbed that board before he got fouled...but still there are areas that needs improvement, this is a board where we can discuss that...

perhaps London Burning didn't exactly mean fire cat, but he was just trying to address a scenario where cat's shot selection is weird, and puts people out of sync...thats the truth...and there's no harm in discussing ways of improvement...hardly bashing...

8. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Hardly bashing?
    Not only was his post bashing Mobley but it was also immature. Its fine if you discuss the game and state your opinion but was this necessary --
    That quote should be reversed and directed towards the starter of this thread instead of Mobley.

9. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

The guys complaining about Mobley must not be watching the same games as me. Sure, he's missed Yao a few times, but he's been playing great defensively and right now is among the top in 3 pt %.

Now, Mo. T on the other hand, right now he's contributing very little and is bordering on detrimental.

10. London'sBurning

I'm glad for the win. I posted this before the game ended. It was right after he coughed the ball up when we were up by 3 and they cut it down to one, and out of his stupid frustration he tried to swipe the ball away from Dampier who had a defensive rebound thinking he could make up for his stupid turnover afterwards. Yes Mobley is a dumbass. It's like someone decided to fire poker heated it up, shoved it up his nose, and gooshed out all his brains. The man is extremely talented but he's as dumb as a rock. He made other ill-advised decisions before those plays before. And I've been patient with him all year, and last year. I didn't jump on the Mobley hating bandwagons with other ridiculous trades last year or on years past. But tonight just made me snap. Were Dampier not a liability at the free throw line, they would of been up by 1, and we very well could of lost the game. Yes, we didn't lose, but that's just an attribute to the fact that GS played to lose, just as much as we were ready and willing to hand them a win. This team still doesn't know how to seize control of a victory outright and leave all opportunity for the opposing team to creep in with a victory.

When we beat NJ earlier in the season, I was most happy because I thought that would be an early indication that this team would take over a game in the last few minutes of a game, and would play smart basketball. We were down 4 going into the 4th and could of been down 1 had the MoT 3 pointer at the buzzer to end the 3rd quarter been counted. We came out with our bench players who kept us in the game until the last 4 minutes of that game. Then we made defensive stops, and played smart ball which resulted in good high percentage shots. In a 4th quarter where we were down by 4 entering the start of it, we ended up winning by 11 I think, and it was late in the game. That win was attributed to taking over the game and not coughing up the lead with stupidity.

Then the Raptors game comes up. We're up by 5 with a minute left. We have the game in our control. What happens? Cato puts a Rapter to the FT. Then what happens next, a number of bad decisions late in the game that we should of won had we played smarter ball. Bosh makes 3 and we lose in double OT. And that loss was attributed to stupid play from Francis, Cato, Mobley, and Yao. The whole team in general. Smart basketball in the closing minutes is all I ask, and we'd be 9-2 and right now.

This game we very well could of lost. And it's not all Mobleys blame but I swear he was the biggest factor that allowed GS to stay within a winning grasp tonight. Boneheaded play after boneheaded play. Yao was spot on til he missed those FT, which kept GS in the game, so his inability to help seal the game is partly his fault too. But it shouldn't of even come to that had Mobley even showns the slightest bit of basketball IQ. I swear maybe he's on the cast of Wizard of Oz, and was the guy that wished for a brain. It's ashame his wish didn't come true.

While a win is a win, this kind of stupidity late in the game won't cut it on the road, as is evidence of the Raptors game. The Rockets won't get the game calls that they received tonight at home on the road, and they won't have fan support to help influence the refs calls on fouls. The Rockets need to play smart basketball. Period.

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Did you stop to think that MAYBE it's not stupid play, it's the team learning to play together? Granted they played together last year, but this team is still learning a new system under a new coach, there will be growing pains. The Rockets are in a shooting slump, going back to the Toronto game, or you could make the argument that the Suns game. The Rockets a 3-1 during that stretch, with one of those games being on the road, another win against a playoff team last year, and the only loss in double overtime. There will be games like this, but unlike last year this team is learning to win, and sometimes that is better then expecting the team to play perfect basketball EVERY NIGHT, especially a team learning a new style. The defense has been outstanding.

12. London'sBurning

I'm not expecting perfect basketball. I'm expecting smart basketball. Growing pains will occur I agree, but is it so much to ask to not turn the ball over out of stupidity, or to listen to your coach when he says don't foul, when they're over the limit with time running out? Smart basketball is all I ask for.

13. maderzhao

maderzhao Member

I totally agree with you!
    We more need a descent and unselfish, never ill-advised role player. Cat, I mean in his own view, is too good for this rox.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

think before you post a new thread.

:rolleyes:

15. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Then maybe this coulda gone in this thing called the GAME THREAD.

16. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

london's burning is right, he knows everything, we should just CUT TINO right now, sabotaging this team with mistakes must be punished immediately

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

exactly right...afterall, we all know that Cat is the ONLY player in the league who makes mistakes.

This thread is soo deserving....

of this...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. London'sBurning

There are mistakes that can't be avoided, and then there are mistakes that are out of sheer stupidity. Cat falls into the latter category the majority of the time. And no doubt he's a heck of an athlete and is a good player, but ya gotta admit his BB IQ is in the "severely r****ded" to the "I have no brain" department.

And yes after 4 years of putting up with the same "mistakes" over and over again, when does it stop becoming "mistakes" and starts becoming stupidity. Cats dumb plays at the end reminded me so much of the Clippers game where Posey fouled Andre Miller with something like 3.1 seconds left, and if it wasn't for the gift wrapped win the refs gave us, every Rocket fan last year was ready to put Posey up on a stake.

I'll take the win regardless and am glad it didn't come back to haunt us this time, but we really do need to play smart basketball.

19. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I'm just surprised no on ehas pop in and said "why can't this go into the game thread" yet. :p

20. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Sorry, appearantly I missed adeelsiddiqui's post. :D