1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE GUNDY!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 4, 2004.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Have you been sniffing glue again, edc?

If you think Les wanted to let Rudy go(not fire him), you really are more ignorant than you let on.

Wow Clutch, I thought even you would give them 2 months to tweak the engine on this team. There are few coaches that could pull of what we've done so far this season. JVG has proven to be one of them. CD deserves a mountain of credit too for the moves he's pulled off.

2. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

OK JVG can stay... :D

3. edc

edc Contributing Member

(1) I have never sniffed glue, but you seem to be familar with hallucinogenic substances.

(2) If you honestly believe Le$ didn't fire RT, then you should seek counseling about problems with those substances mentioned in (1). There cannot be any doubt Le$ did the deed, and the final decision was entirely his and his alone.

(3) Neither of these points are relevant to JVG and his continued employment (or not) come May/June.

4. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I gave you one in the other thread... but take this one for the kids :cool:

[​IMG]

5. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I am coming for you gucci - you are Clutchfans BBS dumbest poster.

I am coming for you.

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

:eek:

Your little scribbles are not amusing.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

They're a 6-seed.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not sure about that. I think defensively you very well could be correct, but under Rudy, the offensive ball rotation was a thing of beauty. I think what made the championship Rockets so good on defense was simply Hakeem. You really didn't have to coach much defense other than "well, try to stop him if you can, if not, just don't foul, let Hakeem get him."

And before all the heartbroken Rudy people have a fit, I'm not saying that's the way Rudy coached. :)

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I said it when a lot of people here wanted Rudy's head. Now I want to say it again concerning JVG:

It's the players, stupid!

10. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This thread needs a re-grooving. It ain't happenin this year or next, and that has been my position since the get go here. No way Les would let go of JVG now, of course. And to question the sincerity of the statements that have come from T Mac and the others about coach in the last two weeks is just blind prejudice against the guy. The players have CLEARLY lined up behind him, and TOTALLY bought the system. That is, in effect just what TMac said this very weekend. And Mike Jackson said pretty much the same thing today as well. As I saw, and I'm sure most knowledgable hoops watchers knew, MJ would be a "killer" off the bench, instant offense. This is exactly what's happening, GO Rockets !
    This team has images of crowds standing outside sports bars trying to get in 2 hours before game time during the playoffs written all over it. Remember those weeks "iback n the day"? Was there ever a better time to be young, alive, living in H town and Rockets crazy ?

Here they come again, like a Dragon rising up from the ashes of it's own demise, to blaze across the sky.

"Never underestimate the heart of a champion".

11. edc

edc Contributing Member

Funny, "the heart of a champion" beat Jeff Van Gundy, Patrick Ewing, and his mentor Pat Riley.

12. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

Van Gundy is a great coach...look what he did with the knicks without Ewing in the playoffs - how often does an 8th seed make it to the NBA Finals?

Fire Van Gundy? You gotta be crazy. This team went from underacheiving to title contender. Retire this thread.

13. Sishir Chang

Of course they were underachieving under JVG too.

14. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

They aren't underacheiving now - credit has to go to Van Gundy.

15. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. edc

edc Contributing Member

:eek:

Your little scribbles are not amusing.

17. edc

edc Contributing Member

"Underachieving" = 51 or fewer wins, and a loss in the first round or early in the second.

We will see in May whether they are "title contenders" or "underachievers."

18. Sishir Chang

But not all otherwise they wouldn't have been underachieving last year.

The players have quite a bit to do with it.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Underachieving? My how you raise expectations fast. Last year you pretty much guaranteed that they would win fewer than the previous year (43).

20. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

and that he would not improve the Rockets. Gotta raise the standards if you don't want to get embarassed twice.