1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE GUNDY!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 4, 2004.

1. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Rockets Pimp-

I will take back some of my comments that Van Gundy could not coach offense. At one point I really thought that he gave up and just told TMac to do wahtever he wanted in the Dallas game where TMAc scored 48 pts, but we lost to Dallas when Nowitski scored 53. It seemed at that point that Sura and TMac were the offesive coaches. I had no coficence in Mr. JVG at that point....

I was very frustrated with our team play in Dec. I think everyone was.

I never wanted to hire Van Gundy in the first place- I wanted Paul Silas- I thought he never got serious consideration, or more than a 15 min interview.

I do think JVG is a good coach.-There I said it...

I love the way the Rockets are playing and winning is taking care of everything.

Many besides myself were frustrated in Dec. and no one could blame Rudy or STeve.........

2. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I sit back and watch Gundy work his magic like he did here for the Knicks.

And think about this...

Would you rather have the roster Gundy had in 1999 when he went to the finals? Or the current one now he has on the Rockets? Hmm...

Imagine what we can do in the playoffs if everyone just follow the leader. :)

By the way, I am still in shock over Yao getting 22 rebounds. I thought I was in Bizarro world or something when I saw that stat.

3. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Everybody swallow your pride.

Don't choke just take your time and let it go down slowly.

There, now say after me-

We love Jeff Van Grumpy.

You're not smiling. Come on don't be like coach. Try again.

We love Jeff Van Grumpy.

4. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

I never made any comments, but I will make them AND take them back if you all will PLEASE let this thread die ...!!!!

[​IMG]

why not start a new thread and just put a link... are you trying to torture us ! ;)

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Hopefully after we win the championship this year this thread will be locked.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

If rockets win the championship this year. This thread should be a sticky in the forum forever as a reminder to not post too quickly, and it will also be the Hall of Shame for some fans.:D

7. edc

edc Contributing Member

Just for you.

Nope. JVG gets his props. He has done a good job since December. That doesn't mean I like (much less "luuuv" him), and it doesn't mean I think he's (overall) a "great" coach.

I stand by what I've said all along. > 51 regular season wins, and deep into the second round, or JVG's employment situation MUST be reconsidered come May. I also stand by my assertation that unless they win a championship THIS SEASON, Phil Jackson is by far the better choice, and Le$ needs to step up to the plate and do what it takes to "be a champion."

8. edc

edc Contributing Member

You love Jeff Van Grumpy.

I find him adequate at best, and a nuisance that is part of life at worst.

9. Willis25

.. and where would that new report be that says your uncle Phil wants to come to Houston ?

... I have seen reports about him going to the Lakers and I have seen reports about him going to the Knicks - but nothing about Houston

this is just like the Damon Jones/ Antonio Daniels people who think that every team will take our garbage for good player and every free agent on the plant wants to sign here - so if their pet deal doesn't get done its CD's fault - and has nothing to do with the free will of the individuals involved.

edc would have the Rockets fire JVG, and try to sign his uncle Phil

... but he offers no backup plan for what happens when Uncle Phil leaves the Rox hanging and goes to LA or NY

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I'm so glad you have nothing to do with the Rockets organization b/c you know jack about basketball. This thread just shows how incapable you are of recognizing the obvious...I didn't really want to say anything b/c you're normally on my ignore list but I was hoping the light would come on eventually. Guess not. :eek:

11. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

edc-

I wish you could sit down with every Rocket player that is in our rotation and talk to them about Van Gundy.

I would like to listen to what TMac, Yao, Wesley, Barry, Deke, Howard, Sura, James, Padgett, etc. have to say.

I have no problem that you do not like Van Gundy.

But I think your opinions would have zero credibility with the PLAYERS.

Now think about it, the players, the players, the players.

We all have our opinion, and mine is that our rotation would rather fight than have JVG yanked out from underneath them.

They know what he has done for them. You will hear more about it after the trophy presentation.

Get on board edc, this is a Rocket Thing.

12. edc

edc Contributing Member

...and I think you are wrong.

JVG is the coach, and JVG has "his guys." However, despite saying the right things to the media, I have my doubts about whether Yao and T-Mac carry any great loyalty for the guy.

13. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

I still have doubts that the Union can ever hold. The Constitution is still an experiment at best. We still have problems with the big states vs small states, and the North vs the South. England would never allow us to become a prominent worldly power. Also, I think we gave too much power to the President. The next President will proclaim himself as the king, and our democracy dies.

14. Willis25

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. edc

edc Contributing Member

:eek:

your little scribbles are not amusing.

16. edc

edc Contributing Member

Besides, even if your assumption is true, Mr. Alexander has already proven that he doesn't give a damn for what his players think, and that includes Yao Ming.

17. Willis25

[​IMG]

18. erying007

erying007 Contributing Member

FIRE GUNDY! HE LOOKS LIKE GOLLUM!!:D

19. edc

edc Contributing Member

:eek:

Your little scribbles are not amusing.

"We NEED coach [Tomjanovich] next season" -- Yao Ming, summer 2003.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

seriously...let it go. we're all right sometimes. we're all wrong sometimes. it's ok. let it go. deep breaths.

the rockets are playing better far quicker than i would ever have imagined. i never would have dreamed this team would have turned into a legit contender THIS YEAR. a year after completely re-inventing themselves. i'm shocked. van gundy isn't going anywhere. i have no reason to believe anyone would have this particular group of players playing any better than they are right now.