1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE GUNDY!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 4, 2004.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yeah, my fourth grade team was terrible too. We lost one game 13-11. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door with hand full of chicken feed. We couldn't throw it into the ocean. We were horrible.

2. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

So, JVG didn't want any of these players, CD went out to sign all of them?
    C. Oakley,
    Mark Jackson,
    Spoon,
    C. Wood,
    Mutombo,
    J. Jackson,
    Padget,
    Half of the starting lineup of former Magics.

Who were here before JVG's arrivial? Yao, Talor, and Boki?

3. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

These are the players JVG wanted! Hell its almost like he went out of his way to get crap players so he could recreate his old Knicks in all their glory.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You just got served. :)

5. sun12

sun12 Member

Don't you guys realize anything as a basketball fan who is supposed to know the history ?

The GM is supposed to be the boss of the coach. Why should the GM be pushed around by the coach?

Isn't it the case in Orlando, the previous GM was pushed around by the previous coach? Look what it ended up with, both the
    GM and the coach got fired. When the Orlando Magic traded for Grant Hill, the Magic actually had an option to keep Ben Wallace, when the coach was presented the choice, he chose the other guy to stay instead of Ben Wallace.

Whenever you let a coach make the personnel decision, you, as a GM, are not doing a good job and there will be disasters for the team.

There are tons of examples in the history of the game, your guys just don't see it.

CD should be shown the door when Rudy was let go. You got to have a GM who can make the decision instead of the coach.

6. sun12

sun12 Member

Again, you are not seeing the FACTS. The GM signed these players, coaches do not sign them. Coaches can state their opinions, but the GM makes the decision.

Your guys got everything wrong. Ever since Pitino and Riley wanted to have both the GM and the coach's job, disasters happened. Don't tell me you do not know who Pitino and Riley are, and their history with their teams.

You don't let coaches make personnel decisions, period.

Anybody who fails to see this is ..., no need to say it loud

7. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

If we don't fire him now and wait til after the season, we will be in a bidding war with other teams for Phil Jackson. Let's go get him now!!!!!!

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

PLEASE SHUTUP

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm not sure if this has been discussed anywhere, but does JVG suck donkey balls?

10. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Let's say it is purely CD's call regarding the players. Do you really think he's not trying to get players who fit JVG's system, then?

JVG's system is the problem.

Remember last year, when people said Van Gundy was trying to push it, but Francis and Mobley were the ones going one-on-one? Now that there are point guards in place who were selected by JVG, what's happening?

I can see why some of you want to blame the players. They deserve it. However, after the past few years, I think it's painfully clear that the style of basketball is not dictated by the players, but by the coach and leadership of the team. This team slows it down. This team tries to bury you on defense. That's on JVG.

This team, as a result, is boooooring and not marketable. If people in Houston can't stand to watch, what do you think about the average fan watching on ESPN?

"Oh, but winning a few championships will cure everything." BS. Detroit won last year, and does anyone really want to watch them night in and night out? Please. Les got a gift in Yao Ming, and he stuck him with a system that will never emphasize his skills, especially passing.

Winning a championship in the National Basketball Association is hard. Nothing's a guarantee. If you're striving to attain that goal, do you really have to slow the game down to an unwatchable degree? Isn't there another path to follow that would be a win-win, even in years where there is no ring?

11. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

Oh, and also, after seeing today's article in the Chronicle:

Feigen can suck it.

12. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Oh my God! I came here to post the same thing! :D

JVG sucks so good he has swalled the donkey balls and he likes it.

And sun12, wtf are you talking about? Shut up!!!

Our crappy play is no ones fault but Jeff Grumpy. I see all these stupid threads about Amare being better then Yao, Lebron being better then Tmac, etc. You guys would notices a significant difference in fun factor and statistics of our two main players if we had a fun offense like that of Phil Jackson or Rick Adleman. How fun would Yao Ming be to watch in a Sacramento offense that would utilize his natural skills - passing, and shooting?

I cant believe Les is waiting this long to get rid of that freakin r****d. Is he actually waiting till not a single person is interested in the Rockets?

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think you guys are all right - he does suck.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Rockets are the most boring team in the league. :(

15. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Francis and Mobley sure thought the same way!!

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

While CD and Les do have the final say regarding personnel decisions, make no mistake, these are the guys JVG wanted to bring in... can you honestly say we would have signed Charlie Ward, Spoon, Charles Oakley, Deke and Mark Jackson - all former Knicks - if JVG wasn't the coach. And look at the high turnover of players during the transition from Rudy's system to JVG's. Only two seasons ago (not counting this one) was Rudy coaching this team and only three players remain from that time. C'mon now... that's not just a coincidence and certainly not CD's doing alone.

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Boring basketball is a characteristic of JVGs system and I could live with with this slow tempo half court game if we were winning but we're not. JVG and CD must go.

18. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Steve tried to just go out and play and you guys wanted him traded because he was bumping heads with the coach. We got rid of the wrong person. And just for the record, I said it in May, I said it in June, I said it in November, and Im saying it now....... THAT WAS A VERY BAD IDEA. We'll be in the lottery this year but of course we'll trade that lottery pick away for the rights to Karl Malone or something dumb like that. Fire Vangundy and Carrol Dawson

19. James23

James23 Member

Van Gundy has to go if we want to keep yao and win games. yao is not having fun playing basketball right now because jvg has very little confidence in him. unless he hits his shots at the beginning of the game, he won't get many opportunities at the post. jvg will send him out sending screens for guards who rarely give him back.

the rocket's offense is horrible. we should boo whenever we can.

20. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I swear, to you I am NOT in that Best Buy commercial!!!!