1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE GUNDY!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

Even though we are still in need of a few pieces,it is obvious that JVG has to go.This team has a big window...possibly including this year,if they get rid of his arse.

2. swilkins

swilkins Member

JVG is taken this team and change it into a bench of 14 separate people and no synchronization and for that he must go.

3. hoang17

hoang17 Member

bump

we shouldn't need to bump this thread anymore. It should permeanently be placed as a sticky.

this team's made of scrubs outside of yao and t-mac. I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of our coach and our gm. Who's stupid enough to give 40 year old charlier ward a 3 year guranteed contract? Just one season ago, he rode the bench on a SA spur team and he gets a 3 year contract. JvG and CD are the 2 knuckleheads that have to go.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Member

Stay within the realm Pizza man. :)

5. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Member

JVG needs to answer this team's lack of effort for extended stretches, such as the entire first half last night.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Are the players giving their all, if not, why not?

If the answer is they don't like JVG we will need to replace him and bring in an NBA version of Phil Garner.

DD

7. Rheologist

Rheologist Member

Do you expect old players to give their all and play their heart out in knowing that they wont play on this team long and get a ring in a foreseeable near future? They play just to their contract and retire after that.
    For this team to succeed, you have to build this team with young players.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Member

I'm waiting for this thread to become a Sticky.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Might as well be. BUMP

10. gucci888

gucci888 Member

Well, looking at our schedule, this might be JVG's last stand. We have Denver, Dallas, SA, Memphis, and Indiana in the next 8 games.

@ Denver=L
    @ Dallas=L
    New Jersey=W
    San Antonio=L
    @ Memphis=W/L
    Indiana=L
    @ Orlando=W/L
    @ New York=W

11. solid

solid Member

I have finally been converted. I was excited about JVG coming to Houston: system, structure, discilpline, and all that. At the time we are a team "out of control. Furthermore, I am still convinced that JVG is an outstanding basketball mind. He lives and breaths basketball. He is not dumb as some suggest; however, I have now become convinced that if the Rockets want to keep Ming and see him progress, JVG is not the right coach. It is simply not going to work.

JVG is too harsh, too insensitive, too much a "negative" motivator to be effective with not only Ming, but many of the other players as well, like TMac, who is also a mellow, low key guy. Furthermore, what made Ewing a "coach?" I attribute Ming's "decline" to coaching and personnel management issues.

I don't know how Les A. is going to deal with the contract situation, but I think JVG is on thin ice, and is probably gone if the playoffs are not in the Rocket's immediate future. Sorry JVG, I really like you, but not here. It's just not a fit.

12. Old Man Rock

Welcome aboard. The ship is getting full.

13. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

Well at least we don't have boring basketball anymore. I thought this is what you guys wanted. Theres a lot of points being scored these days. ;)

14. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

denver loss? AHAHAHAHAHA

15. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

I'll bet you 100 bucks the Rockets beat Denver and Dallas.

And Jeff Van Gundys last stand my ass. He aint going nowhere this year.

The Rockets are right where they should be.

Offense is finally kicking in high gear. Work out a few kinks here and there in the defense and they'll be back on track.

16. Tdogg

Tdogg Member

Charlotte SWEEP US?!?!?! AHAHAHAHAHAH

Wait that happened. It isn't just a bad dream. :(

17. edc

edc Member

Go make the bet. If you win, put some or all of the winnings in the tipjar. If you lose, you lose. Denver is a 2-point favorite. It is safe to say Dallas will be at least a 4-5 point favorite when that line comes out on Tuesday.

18. Old Man Rock

Let me get this straight you're saying they will bet both Denver and Dallas straight up and if they lose either game you have to pay me $100 cash. Well, I normally don't like to bet against the Rockets... but in this case... uh, can we make it $1000...

Seriously TStoke your boy Solid moved over today... Why don't you join him and come on over, we don't need to fight, lets join forces and get Jeff Van Dummy fired.

19. Old Man Rock

EDC he didn't say he wants points. The way he said it he is doing a moneyline parlay on both Dallas and Denver. If either team loses than he loses his hundred bucks. He'll probably have a hard time find a bookie to make that bet but in the interest of Rocket Science I will take it.

20. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

ok bookie bob.

If the Rockets don't beat Dallas and Denver, I will put 25 dollars in the tip jar.

If they win, you do the same.

and screw the line, the Rockets don't need no stinkin' line. ;)