1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Gundy II!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Dec 3, 2005.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Like I said to the infamous JVG hater EDC, if they're doing great, I give him credit. If they're doing bad...

Well, let's put it this way. As of right now, I'm in full agreement with EDC. Van Gundy is proving to be a mediocre coach who is not motivating his players to do better, or he's not putting the right players out there, or he made bad personnel moves. If he can't get it turned by the end of December, a change needs to be made. He's had 3 years, and we should at least be better than the worst team in the West.

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I agree, Swift is such a disappointment. The guy has so much athleticism and absolutely no brains to go with it. For a #2 draft pick the guy is officially a bust, too bad the Rockets didn't get the scouting report before they signed him. :(

3. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

It looks like I am on the Fire Gundy bandwagon its either him or some guys on this team really lack heart, but i think if we could run or not be so robot defense like that tmac would excel and the team would also. I love JVG but i think we just realised he is not the piece to our puzzle. I mean think about Yao on the high post with tmac at the wing maybe tri. offense this could be great but JVG just uses post position for yao and does not let him do what he is capable of and poor tmac lets go rockets figure out whats wrong and get rid of JVG and hire Hubie or trade some players for good players. WHat is wrong guys. And i always like JVG. man what a season.

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I'm really torn here. on one hand, i'm sick of his ugly ball, but i see no ready made Replacement who is out there to takeover immediatly. i say wait till the offsreason, we might have more bonafide Candidates then.

5. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

We need youth on this team to compete. Without trade bait worthy to any other team we are stuck. If this team could get out and run and at least try and run the break before yao sets up we would be alright. Throw away all the offensive sets and just stick to a few and run them to perfection. When you have yao and tmac and sound defense is coaching really that hard ? :confused:

6. napalm

napalm Contributing Member

Who exactly is out there anyway?

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Zone zone zone zone zone !!!!

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Well, I'm always kind of a "glass half full" type of guy, but tonights game was HORRIBLE!

I just can't believe, with the team in the position they are in, they would come out with a performance like this. What the hell happened the last three days? They looked like they were turning the corner and pointing to better things Wed. night. But, tonight, they looked slow and uninspired.

Who's fault is it for the bad start? Well, you can point out everybody but I have to give more blame to the players for this one. Say what you want about JVG, but the players have to motivate themselves. I think it's pathetic they looked so disinterested in such a big game.

I give Memphis a ton of credit. They played great defense and hit all the big shots even with a guy in their faces. But, unlike the Rockets, they came out as if this was a big divisional game.

This game proves that changed NEED to be made. Not sure it's JVG that needs to be removed though. At least not yet (especially when there really isn't a good replacement for him). But, if the players have tuned him out then we have a HUGE problem.

9. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Besides that, no one fires an entire staff when they let a coach go during the season. No matter what you think about JVG it's hard for me to believe firing him would have anything but a negative effect on the rest of the season.

Les is going to have to think long and hard about what to do. There is zero chemistry on our team right now, and the only explanation I can come up with is JVG has pushed all the wrong buttons. Right now he may be the only coach that can start pushing other ones.

10. Kenrui

Kenrui Contributing Member

Rudy T in a heartbeat!

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Rudt T is still on the Lakers Payroll. he has a job in some Capacity with them.

12. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

RUDY!!!
    RUDY!!!!!
    RUDY!!!!!!!!
    RUDY!!!!!!!!!!
    RUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Kenrui

I think we still can make some agreement with Lakers if we really want him. The similar case happened to other teams before.

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Yep. it's really unfair to ask a coach to come in straight away without any real time to form a cohesive unit and game plan. thats why it's more logical to give a new coach a training camp and a pre-season to workout his new team.

15. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

rudy t doesnt need a time. :p

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I hear ya man, but 3 of their guys went a combined 13-19 from behind the arc...that's insane. There is no defense for that especially when they're up 15 or 20 points. What do you do? You can't let them start to pentrate and get our only offensive weapon (Yao) in foul trouble. Honestly, NO team will lose it they have 3 guys that shoot nearly 70% from behind the 3 point line. They were on, we were off...but everyone wants Van Gundy fired. Sure, I'm frustrated as hell like the next guy, but we haven't had our team together and 100% the entire season yet and everyone wants the guy's head (not luther :) ) give it until at least the all-star break before the chants begin.

17. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

the question is.......

Can he bring heart to this team?

Can anyone coach a team to have a desire and competitive drive to win?

:confused:

18. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I dont think the Lakers would prevent him from becoming a head coach again. But thats a moot point anyways. I dont think Rudy wants to coach anymore.

19. Kenrui

I understand that. But man, for 4-12, someone must stand out to take reponsibilities. Who? T-Mac's back? Yao? CD or JVG. Fire JVG probably is more reasonable.

20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I like Rud T, but is he willing to comeback, after the way he was shown the door?