1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or Morey was just so unlucky in the last few years. So unlucky outside of that PJ Tucker deal and CP3 trade.

2. Wylo

Wylo Member

what has he done this season? Morey's only getting fatter, not wiser

bmelo, lw17 and alcatrazpsycho like this.
  3. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This team does not stop surprising me. When we think we have seen the worst, another shameful defeat arrives. Today played Harden, Paul, Capela, Nene ... what will be the new excuse? The defeat of today is one more sign that this team does not have a game plan.

4. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

No heart
    No game plan.
    No consistency.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and Tato1971 like this.
  5. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Just shoot 3p, all guys understand this our plan

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think our roster is OK . It's better than a .500 roster even if you don't think it's championship caliber . We've underperformed ... that's on the coach .

Harden has missed games . Yes . CP3 has missed games yes . Clint started off the season slowly ... ok

Still , coach has to pull things together .

But if we are being real , I think you can pin at least 3-4 losses on EG . Up until a couple of games ago that dude was playing soooooo ****ing poorly and getting huge minutes because either harden or Paul was out .

Grizzlyshark and TheRealAllpro like this.
  7. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

please get rid of this loser, he has been here long enough. I probably die with him here before we win another championship. Time to give someone else a try.

bmelo, cheke64 and lw17 like this.
  8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

If Morey gets fired, I hope Hinkie is hired to run it back

cheke64, arabrocket and fallenphoenix like this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Really? Like who? You?

Lol what a joke!

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It wasn't Morey who didn't call a timeout or refuse to make adjustments at the end there . It was MDA .

Little Bit likes this.
  11. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Fertitta has to make big decisions. This team sinks game by game. I do not understand what Morey is still waiting to make changes. I do not remember another Rockets team with less heart than this one. Paul's contract is a shame, day by day it looks worse than Anderson's contract. It's amazing that Morey made the same mistake twice. I would consider trade Paul, if someone is foolish enough to bite the hook.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm not going to say that he should be fired. but i am *very* unhappy with morey right now and point to him as most responsible for this season's shitshow.

Crashlanded19 and s3ts like this.
  13. mario_v

mario_v Member

How is this Morey’s fault? You guys wanted to re-sign cp3 and Capela, right? You wanted melo. Y’all didn’t want to trade Gordon and Tucker for butler.

Sometimes **** doesn’t go according to plan. It happens. And please don’t bring up Ariza. We were 15-1 without him last season, we were the 8th seed with him 3 seasons ago with him. He wouldn’t had made a difference this season. Even the suns don’t want him.

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

I never said that. Also, Morey can't listen to idiotz fans to make decisions. I don't take home millions of dollars to maintain a roster for a professional sports team.

Fans wanting certain things doesn't excuse Morey for how terrible the team is right now.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

So what should Morey have done then? Not resign Cp3? Sugn Aruza for 15M? LoL!

All of Morey's summer moves are logical and what any sound GM would make. Fire the GM who made the right decisions, that is logical.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Howbout first nicely explain to cp3 hes not worth 35m to any team with championship aspirations. And 2nd imagine the 35m package we can get for cp3.

17. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Im 100% with you. This isnt Moreys fault. I HATE people pointing to Ariza as the be all end all to our problems. Imagine if Morey did match Arizas contract.. and we were still this bad which is a HUGE possibility. As much as i love him and would still wish he was here hes not the difference maker people on this board make him out to be.

I know that Morey is working on something. History dictates as much.

I am however.. starting to loose faith in DAntoni.

roslolian likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

who exactly is "you guys"?

i was pretty vocal here about wanting to sign and trade capela, who i deemed as a p***y in most of my posts all summer. tonite zero blocks and gave up 20 rebs to deandre b/c he rarely boxes out.

i didn't complain about cp3's contract b/c it was probably already agreed to even prior to the trade.

i was completely against the melo signing all summer.

i was flabbergasted when morey signed mcw.

i've been pissed for 2 years and especially this season at morey's failure to get a backup PG to cover for always injured CP3.

i was fine w/ the ennis signing but obviously he's not nearly enough to replace ariza/luc. and yet morey is still sitting on most of our mle.

i don't blame him for not getting butler b/c minny probably just refused to trade him to us at all.

but overall morey is the one responsible for an old, short, unathletic roster with perhaps only one 2-way player, inaccurate 3pt shooters, and about 7 non-nba players just eating up payroll and roster space which renders us with the worst depth in the league. morey is responsible for the switch everything against every team defense and the zero midrange offense which are both killing us.

the morey is god fanboi's here need to open their eyes and make him accountable for the many ***-ups which have contributed to our demise. hell he's even gone public admitting the same himself.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We are the teams we use to make fun of. The maxed out brooklyn nets with Joe Johnson. The MDA Lakers. The Marbury Knicks.

Maxed out paying top dollar for mediocrity and no bright future in sight. Knock it the **** down and shut it down. Firesale! everything gotta go.
    3 times he made that mistake. Now we have Chris and Knight plus cp3's contract. Bleak future I tell ya.

bmelo likes this.
  20. fattz

fattz Member

Logical? The best thing he did was letting Ariza walk. The blatant over pay of Anderson and Paul is not logical at all the Rockets are handicapped and will remain strained for another 8 to 10 seasons. IF we find a taker for Paul it will make Anderson (Knight & Chriss => dead cap space, The loss of Melton ALL of the other trades we missed because the lack of cap room while Anderson was here) look like child’s play. We gave a lot to get Paul here and it’s costly to keep him. Paul has to be one expensive players in NBA history. A 1/3 of the cap to a 35 year old constantly injured player => broke at the finish line before we overpaid him. I know let’s keep this around till he 40 => give him a 5 year deal, too. Because that is logical. Paul has been on great teams for years and never done a thing other than fill a statsheet. Paul stats & logic.

DM has to stay because we need someone with his skills to fix all of this. DM will need to pull a dozen rabbits out of his hat to make this one shine. He may be the ONLY person that can make all the ingredients palatable.

#420 fattz, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018