1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

The talent is there. If they mesh together well there's no way we can stop them. We have a great coach, great system, 2 great players, but I don't think we have enough talent.

2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

- You act like Lin was a scrub. NO. He was a good player. And we gave up 1st round draft pick to unload him. That wasn't a good deal. But I wasn't mad at Morey because he went all in Bosh. Under the circumstance I knew why he made the deal and I can stomach that.

- I think Morey should've traded immediately after he signed Dwight but he eventually turned him to a pretty good draft pick which wasn't bad. BUT I was very mad that Morey didn't trade that pick for a point guard in the trade deadline back in 2015. We were in need of another playmaker badly. Mo Williams and Isaiah Thomas were traded for peanuts and I was very sure if Morey had given up the pick he would've gotten either one of them. Instead, he replaced Canaan with Prigioni which in my opinion was a downgrade. If Morey had made the move for IT, I think we would've had much better chance against GSW.

- But all reports indicated that Morey was going offer Bazemore a rich contract. His evaluation on players leaves a lot to be desired.

- McHale was terrible. Should have fired after that Portland series. That was Morey's 2nd biggest mistake of his career. No excuse for that.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Holy ****, some of you are dumb as ****.

Daryl Morey is an outstanding GM.

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I would rank him between 5-10 overall. Probably closer to 5 than 10

Mazulis likes this.
  5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin was a scrub for us. Dude was Moochie Norris awful.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Um... no. Bobby Brown is a scrub. Jeremy Lin was actually quite the useful player despite some rather boneheaded mistakes.

dawesome likes this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

@tinman
    We got a LOF here

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. illwil29

illwil29 Member

You took the layups and 3s and twisted into your own narrative. Golden State also shot midrange shots in the playoffs. Also quit calling people dumb. It was just my opinion. Thanks

9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I didn't twist anything. I am just calling out something you are completely wrong about. GSW's offense just like all the other top teams, primarily shoot layups and threes? Why is that? Because it's almost always the best shot available. Do they shoot more midrange shots then us? Yes, but primarily because they have players who are good at it. There are three players on our team that we could trust shooting a midrange and all three of them do so. That's where our 7 attempts come from. With CP3 in the mix now, expect that number to go up even more. Offense is about taking the best shot available.

Dumb is dumb, doesn't matter if it's your opinion or not and I'm not going to waste effort sugar coating things for you. If you are being dumb, expect to be called out on it. Don't like it, say less dumb things. Your post was literally 99% stupidity.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. Realjad

He may have been useful in the lockeroom. He was a detriment on the court. You're in denial to believe otherwise.

SCRUB. Next thing I expect from you is a rant on how useful Matt Maloney was.

11. illwil29

illwil29 Member

Ok that's the way you feel......cool guy

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  13. chenjy9

Supporting Member

If you think Lin was a scrub, you have the IQ of a rock. Lin was the quintessential representation of mediocrity. A scrub is a below average player.

14. Realjad

Thats what I'm trying to tell you. Lin is a below average player, definitely not a representation of mediocrity. Rockets were much better when he wasn't in the game. If we are talking about IQ's- I'll admit, Lin overall is a smart individual and has a high IQ. However it's a high IQ that doesn't seemingly translate to basketball. His basketball IQ is that of a rock. Which is why he sucks quite honestly, because he is a hard worker and he does hustle.

Ryan Bowen was a better player than Lin. Dude had no skill and was a better player than Lin because his basketball IQ was higher.

If I had to choose between Bobby Brown and Lin I can't. I don't want either in the game. One thinks he can shoot like Ray Allen and never finds he shot he doesn't like, but the other has no basketball IQ- is never in position, the game is too fast for him-always makes the play he shouldn't to the point he just looks completely careless when he is infact really trying. Only thing Lin excels at is being a tough sob who is able to take physical punishment, he gets cut or busted up pretty much every game it seems.

#314 Realjad, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  15. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Your perception of player ability is so far off base it's incredible. Outside of Lin haters, good luck trying to find anyone who actually knows anything about basketball to agree with you that Lin is a scrub.

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Ummm....

if reports are to be believed the cost to unload Ryno's contract is 2 first rd picks... that's pretty intense negative value....

There is no defending the hiring of JBB.... period.

lol

17. Realjad

I'll go with Morey to agree with me. Les forced Morey get him, and he had to give up a 1st round pick just to get rid of him.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Morey has put together an elite team no doubt about it.

2009 before Mcgrady and Yao went down was the last time we had this much talent. That team with Yao could have won a title

19. valorita

valorita Member

Yes, lets.
    I hear Billy King is available.
    If not, Phil Jackson might be.

A bunch of ingrates.

This thread is full of lulz

arabrocket likes this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

chenj spouting off as usual.

What did we get for Lin in return? Oh wait thats right...we gave up a ****ing pick just to get rid of his ass.