1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

[​IMG]

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The people who like Brock should use the $72 million figure, because he only doesn't get that if he sucks donkey balls

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

What is wrong with being compared to a hall of famer?

1. You look stupid when the player is so far off from the HOFer
    2. It is an inaccurate comparison
    3. Even if said QB is good, if you keep comparing him, he will never be good enough
    4. Every player is different.
    5. What do you gain from the comparison?
    6. Let the media do those dumb comparisons. Not the players and coaching staff.
    7. You look stupid when the player is so far off from the HOFer

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Kobe got compared to MJ after his accomplishments; not after his first couple of years when he was shooting air balls. Brock did not complain about the Broncos offense. Your idea of him being a "knuckle head" and a "mental midget" is all made up. Again, criticize his play. It has been horrible. Criticize the play-calling. It has been horrible. But he has been nothing short of a model citizen off the field.

thedude077 likes this.
  5. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Kobe was compared to MJ while playing. I do question the Bill O'Brien on his bad decisions. But Brock is mostly the problem.

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Blake Griffin gets compared to Barkley various times on TNT. Blake doesn't have problem with it. You have issues, bro, if you think being compared to a player is bad. That is mental weakness. Yeah, every player is different, but being compared to another player just means a compliment; it is not meant taken seriously.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Kobe was compared after he had some accomplishments in the league; not after half a season. Does the QB look bad because of poor coaching? Does the coach look bad because of bad QB play? We could debate this all day.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

Nah, you have issues if you think refusing to be compared to another player makes one a mental midget. Doc Rivers is going on press conferences saying Blake is just like Barkley. Blake is saying "Yes. I am just like Charles." Most players respond with "It's nice to be even mentioned in the same sentence as those guys but I would rather be me." The comparison from the media is a compliment, when a coach thinks you are like a certain player that's a bit more serious. I'm not sure why I'm going on about this with you. This is dumb. I don't even have the quote you are referring to so you might have just made this up. Move on.

thedude077 reminds me a young Nimo.

thedude077 likes this.
  9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They both suck!

10. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

That may be the case though... At this rate, will he be our starter for the duration of that contract. I hope yes, but it would be more surprising if he actually played up to his worth.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

When O'Brien came to the Texans he touted his flexible game-planning from week to week depending on the opposing defense. We could even notice it the first two years. Last year they had Cecil Shorts throwing touchdown passes, defensive players checking in as tight ends, etc. This year, even with more weapons on the offense, it has been pretty much vanilla. What happened to all of that?

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well this year you have essentially a rookie QB with no prior exposure to the system so I'd imagine it has to be more vanilla than it normally would be. With Hoyer, Mallett, or Fitz you have people who either have been in the system before, or who have been in similar systems so it's not quite as big a deal for them to pick it up.

13. Mr. Clutch

Brock can't grasp that much offense, and he can't even throw things like slants anyway

14. Mr. Clutch

He'll definitely be cut after next year at this rate.

15. Nimo

Nimo Member

Brock can't grasp a direct snap to Braxton? Or a wrap around by Fuller flipped to Grimes for a pass? A lot of those plays barely involve the QB.

16. Mr. Clutch

Well he screwed up the pass to Duane Brown, and caught his own pass for a ten yard loss

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wasn't that pass tipped at the line of scrimmage?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but the mistake was catching it for the loss instead of just batting it down. Didn't he pass for a TD on the next play though?

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Brock makes horrible decisions, whether it's catching your own pass, throwing into triple coverage even when he's not pressured, and not noticing wide open receivers because he locks on to guys.

20. Mr. Clutch

I thought it bounced off Brown's helmet