1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I could be an assistant head coach at Bama and they'd still go undefeated. When It comes to college, all you need is an immense talent advantage. Coaching strategy doesn't matter.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They nearly lost the game to Florida due in part to the offense struggling.....now sure, that's something that might happen to mortal teams, but that's NOT something that happens to Bama without one of the worst coaches in any level of football calling plays for them.

Doing well against Mercer and Southern Mississippi means nothing.

We'll see how the rest of the season plays out, but your boy BOB is just football AIDS.

Astrodome likes this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Giving O’Brien way too much credit. He is no where smart enough to actually formulate a plan to get fired.

4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They almost lost that game because the Defense couldn't make stops. They had a 3 score lead.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You know what happens when you give a competent offense a 3 score lead? They keep scoring and there's no way the other team can come back.

You know what happens when you give a BOB team a 3 score lead? It's just a matter of time till he screws it up.

He's literally the worst football coach, including assistants, I've ever seen.....and this goes back several decades.

I know you and Watson still simp for him, but damn guy, he's just awful.

BigShasta likes this.
  6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Exactly. I don’t believe for one second he was trying to get fired by making bad moves. He was truly that bad. He’s just saying that now as a way to make himself look less inept.

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

We'll never know for sure, Brian. Just have to move on and prepare for the next job.

8. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Huh? Uh no he does matter because HE has the job right NOW hence he'll get a HC gig out of it. Doesn't mean he was the reason they succeeded, just how that system works unfortunately.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah he doesn't. you could literally plug a average joe in there and Bama would still dominate with the rest of their sheer talent discrepancy and saban. No NFL team is going to hire that idiot to be there future HC

10. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Ok one more time, he IS JAG, we agree and of course they would be great BUT he has the job and if they win another NC he'll get serious looks for his next HC gig because of it.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

i dont think so. that applies to lesser known commodities that are trying to work their way up. Who are looking for an opportunity to show they can do more. That doesn't apply to O'Briens dumbass. He's going backwards bc well that's what hes qualified to do.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Rock Block

Supporting Member

You'd like to think but unfortunately that's not how the "system" works. One of the reasons minorities don't get more shots. Brother-in-law, back-slapping hires.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

As I just said, the system applies to folks working there way up. Obrien is going in the opposite direction and his days of a HC gig in the nfl are over.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No...you do have Nick Saban. Saban can tell O'Brien what to do. Also, Florida is a good team and were at home. Their defense gets 'paid' too...lol.

15. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

[​IMG]delete
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#6315 Mack, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

lol idk how Scarface can calmly say he was never a fan of BoB. This poster is one of the reason why this thread is so fking long. man always came to BoB defense time and time again.

King1 and YOLO like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree. I prefer "division-leading coach," Donny.

DonnyMost and J.R. like this.
  18. Major

Major Member

According to the reporting, he wasn't trying to get fired by making bad moves, and he's not saying this now looking bad. He was supposedly saying it at the time when he was engaged in a power struggle with Rick Smith and others. Where he supposedly thought he would get fired as a result, he instead got promoted.

mario_v and B-Bob like this.
  19. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

All this happened and yet General Diabetes McClain knew none of this. Why people still interview that doofus for any type of relevant information I will never know. He keeps hinting at retirement and my goodness that day can't get here soon enough.

arkoe and raining threes like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Are you ready to blurb the blurb, throw down 2 blurbs

I'm here, regardless