1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!

Only in Houston can a coach want to get fired and get promoted! This is why he didn’t give a damn, mentally the guy had nothing to lose.

The McNairs should be forced to sell the team. They are clueless.

BigShasta and Deep Steel Truth like this.
  2. conquistador#11

Nothing surprising. That organization(Pats) and their cast offs are all toxic af going way back to the Pioli days. So lucky Mo Lewis TKO'd Bledsoe. Mo Lewis should be the one having influence over organizations 20 years later.
    Sheds light on why BoB handled his vendettas with a nothing to lose approach.
    The Mcnairs altogether are something else. I understand billionaires all want their umbrella man/ music man but eventually you have to come to your senses.

I voted abstain for the moment when the thread was created. By 2018, 'the gameplan offense' and wanting to mimic that franchise took a toll on me. Cecil Shorts drove in the stake when he gave a behind the scenes in the meetings with Bill and his delusional ways.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What in the world. This is like a Seinfeld episode. Just unreal.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Not to mention traded a top 3 wr for a bag of chips. The Texan way lol

BigShasta, Rudyc281 and DreamShook like this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I wanted him fired after Buffalo. I especially wanted him gone after that **** show in KC. I never wanted him to be GM. I was never fan of O'Brien. However, as with any coach, I did think he should have the opportunity to implement his plan ON THE FIELD. You sink or swim on your ideas. O'Brien wasn't a bad coach for the most part, but he was a terrible Personnel guy. It is NEVER a good idea to have the Coach and GM as the same person.

Giving Coaches the opportunity to do it their way, until it doesn't work on the field is what teams are supposed to do. Just don't give them the GM position too...lol.

Giving out bad contracts as GM hurt him. Ego hurt him. What really hurt O'Brien is Cal McNair being a weak owner. Letting him bring in Easterby and Brian Gaine getting fired on those HR issues. Bob McNair dying changed the course of O'Brien's tenure.

#6285 Mr.Scarface, Sep 29, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BOB was probably thinking the Hopkins / David Johnson trade would certainly get him fired. No luck.

BigShasta, MadMax, Zen Tabak and 5 others like this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cal McNair is a stooge for trying to copy the Patriots. I am sure when he heard that the Patriots wanted BoB to secede Belichick, it made him even more desperate to keep BoB. Sad part is we are realizing that Brady was the main reason that the Patriots were so successful all these years, so McNair has spent the better part of a decade trying to copy an organization that isn't even all that, besides for having Brady.

BigShasta and Deep Steel Truth like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its criminal what OBrien did to this team. Not sure why he had any support after the obviously slanted trades and signings. He wasnt trying to win - he was trying to lose and he was able to fulfill that task thanks to the ownership and managers in place. What a shame.

Cal McNair is a damn fool.

Deep Steel Truth and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

As good a coach as he may have been, he didn't have a play for 4th and 1 on the Chief's 13 yard line with a 21-0 lead.

If I were the owner and my offensive genius coach said that to me, he'd have been fired on the spot.

Blatz and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Can neither confirm nor deny a butt chin... or that he and I are mysteriously the same age... or why all my Texans forum posting is consistent with BOB... all I can do is update my look.

mikol13, MadMax and SamFisher like this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

What a piece of work O’Brien really turned out to be if he wanted to really go join New England or leave Houston why not just resign or quit?

But instead he burned this franchise down before he left smh.

Verbal Christ, arkoe and Fulgore like this.
  12. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

but he knew he could always start 0-4 and continue to be an ass and that would get him out. Looking back it was so obvious he didn't give two shiits

13. Rock Block

Supporting Member

Resign? Quit? Not a chance, he got paid when he got fired.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And now BOB is busy trying to destroy Bama.

How does this guy keep getting jobs?

Rudyc281 and Rock Block like this.
  15. Rock Block

Supporting Member

It's crazy but he'll be back to the NFL or a top CF team after this year. He's got Young in the running for the Heisman. If they beat Miss he'll be the favorite.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

upload_2021-9-29_14-32-32.png

mikol13, MadMax and B-Bob like this.
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Never forget where you came from bro

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Far, FAR too many of you are using the words "good coach" to describe Bill O'Brien. You all need to go to the football gulag for re-education, stat.

Blatz, B-Bob and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Destroying them how? They have scored 44, 48, 31, and 63 points in their 1st 4 games.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bama would be dominating as they have been without him there. He doesn't matter.

arkoe and cmoak1982 like this.