1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

With Watson, Hopkins, Fuller, Keke, young TEs, Miller, we have the components of a high powered offense. We need to fix the Oline this off-season (see Indy--they did it over the last three off seasons) and hire a young creative offensive coach. That could easily be as the OC or if Bob refuses, then let him go.

On defense, it would be great if we could get a shutdown CB, but if not we need a couple of young bucks to work into the mix asap. I like Romeo, but he's not adjusting to the opponents quick enough. Luck has had way to much time in the pocket for all three games we've played and that has exposed our CBs.

I think on both Offense and Defense we need to be more CREATIVE. I tried one WR screen and Indy blew it up. Watch KC, Rams, etc, and they're doing things that are catch their opponents off guard and they strike quickly. We have that some great talent, I just don't think we optimize it for the situation or the opponent.

2. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

As Brian T. Smith just wrote,

“Bill O'Brien's now 1-3 in the playoffs and has been blown out twice by a combined 44 points at home. That clearly doesn't cut it for a fifth-year coach...

It was a year when 0-3 became 11-5 and a division title.

If that's enough for you, I don't know what to say.

It was another season when the Texans disappeared at the worst time.“

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...at-the-13511366.php?__twitter_impression=true

Texanstradamus, Caesar, lw17 and 3 others like this.
  3. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

After listening to their postgame show, those guys at 610 are going to look awfully silly if O’Brien gets fired.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but they can't really bash Bill O'Brien since they have a business relationship with the team. If they are dicks, they'll lose their access. It's why you have to take anything they might say with a grain of salt.

5. steveng125

steveng125 Member

He should have challenged the catch Ryan made. He clearly got hands underneath the ball and clear catch.

6. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

I get it, but they didn’t have to go quite as far as they did in making excuses for him, even if they don’t aggressively criticize him.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Weekly reminder, this time to the No voters, that you can change your vote.

fallenphoenix and Bobbythegreat like this.
  8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Changed from abstain for the moment to yes

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Bill O'Brien has convinced me he is so much of a loser I'm literally not excited about the upcoming season. Dont care who they draft or trade for. I cannot trust that loser.

lw17, ReliantTexan, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

7 points in a playoff elimination game. If this game didnt open your bob defenders eyes, nothing will.

red5rocket, lw17 and juanm34 like this.
  11. Major

Major Member

Eh - he went 4-12 in Year 4 and got a massive extension, so...

lw17 likes this.
  12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

And some people thought this team, under this coach, had a good chance against the Pats in foxborough. Vrabel, Patricia and McDaniels has beaten him on their first try, and BOB, with probably the most chances to date, still is like 0-5. Wait, BOB has a preseason win against belicheck lol.

red5rocket likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

Right now Billy and Gaine are too "aligned". But eventually the GM will have to hire an O.C with or without Billy's approval to show his loyalty to the Mcnair family. Smith did it to Kubes with the Defensive coordinator position.
    Hoping it's much sooner than what it took to get rid of Richard, like tomorrow sooner would be great.

red5rocket likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

O'Brien has failed to prepare this team for a playoff game at home twice not. Completely failed. He should not be the coach.

red5rocket and rockets94-95 like this.
  15. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

16. SuraGotMadHops

With a loss this crappy there's a ton of blame to go around, BOB obviously was clueless and unprepared, same for Crennel, defense couldn't touch Luck, Watson was missing guys left and right, Vincynt Smith big drop, penalties....the list goes on and on.

With respect to BOB my issue has always been this...if you think you're such a damn guru that you don't need an offensive coordinator, you damn well better have your offense hanging 30 a game, like that offense better be an effing machine. Injuries or whatever, the play calls and game planning were crap all season. If you're not going to fire BOB (which I think the front office is fully justified to do) then at least send a message and force a coordinator whether butt chin likes it or not.

Mr. Clutch, bobloblaw and red5rocket like this.
  17. OpportunityCost

The Texans biggest problem is that their loyalty to Bill O'Brien is greater than their loyalty to the organization and winning.

18. OpportunityCost

Doesn't he say this after every disappointing season? We're going to look at stuff. Lol.

19. OpportunityCost

Doesn't he say this after every disappointing season? We're going to look at stuff. Lol.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25698720/nfl-wild-card-overreactions-looming-questions-next-round