1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

If Deshaun is not capable of "handing off" without tearing both ACLs and having a TIA and a ruptured pectoral then he shouldn't even be in the NFL as a backup. I realize it's hyperbole but seriously this argument is so stupid.

2. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

And technically you're right, but I will never forget the day when the Texans blew a 17 point lead against the Colts on October 5, 2008.

I will also never forget the time I gave up on the Texans when we were trailing 32-7 in the 4th quarter against the Titans and came all the way back to take the lead 36-35 before the defense let the team down.

Point is a game is never over until it's over, and if we can't have enough confidence to let our starting QB literally hand off to finish off a game what are we even doing? Does Brady come out in that situation? Does Rodgers? Does Wilson? Shoot I mean does Marcus Mariota come out? NO. If you can't wrap your senile mind around it then it's on you.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Injury concern is different, obviously - but they (generally) do not pull the QB.

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I was here when you were in diapers.

Also doesn’t seem like I’ve missed much as every one of your hot takes stays the same regardless of context.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And what did they rank for the 5 weeks of greatness last year with Watson?

Do you think that was a total aberration, or is it possible they have a chance to reclaim some of that with the right adjustments?

Seeing improvement now, with who we have in place at QB, is a far cry from what they were dealing with over the first 4 years.

raining threes and houstonstime like this.
  7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

You don't get it Nick. Everything good that happens is Watson. Everything bad Is BOB.

red5rocket likes this.
  8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

double post

red5rocket likes this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

What improvement? Did you miss the first 7 games of this season or something? The offense was ranked 26th coming into this week.

Yes, I agree last year showed the offense can be good with Watson. But so far O'Brien has failed to make sustain last year's 5 week spurt.

10. Mr. Clutch

Well you keep trying to make it about me because you can't address O'Brien building a bottom 10 offense for the 5th year in a row. Any thoughts on that? Or are you going to keep crying that people disagree with you?

11. Mr. Clutch

No, BOB has already said it's not his job to call timeouts. So it's not all his fault.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Were you on that soap box in the midst of Watson and the offense being amazing last year?

You're the only one who would rather die to make a point when the offense reaches their expected production.

raining threes and Joshfast like this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

When they were still trying to run the RPO or "non-New England" offense as you put it?

If they replicate the trend they're currently on... which includes better red zone execution, better run/pass blocking, and better decision making by Watson, what will you continue to complain about?

raining threes likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think he's sht by watching the games, but there will be some BoB defender defending him. So going by statistical evidence, this man is just an average okay coach

His record: 36-36 (.500)
    Highest season win record 9-7 (.563)
    Postseason record: 1-2 (.333)
    Made playoffs 2 out 4 (could be 3 out of 5 60%), Never got past AFC divisional Game
    Based on records alone, he could be average or slightly below average coach.

BoB's Offense this year (average as fk, even with Texans v Dolphins game)
    PTS
    24.6(15th)
    YDS
    379.0(15th)
    PASS YDS
    256.0(18th)
    RUSH YDS
    123.0(11th)

Honestly either this guy is so godlike that he chooses to be consistently average or he's just an average coach that looks like sht to most of us.

Props for getting a 5 game win streak, but I don't have faith this man is going to lead us to the promise land with his average coaching abilities

15. raining threes

DW4 appears to be healthy now.

It usually takes a year to comeback from an ACL.

16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

And we’re right at a year right?

17. raining threes

I was talking about a season.

It appears DW4 is ahead of schedule.

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Gotcha. He has Adrian Peterson recovery syndrome

19. Mr. Clutch

What are you even trying to say here? That because OBrien had 5 good games last year in 5 years that he's awesome? When do you think the offense will reach expected production? It's halfway through the season.

Last year I said that offensive production wasn't sustainable because OBrien is a bad coach. That has proven true this year.

Stop making it about me. You've lied about what I said (I never said it was solely due to watson improvising) and you didn't even realize how bad the offense has been this year. Brush up on the facts before going into bazooka mode.

Last year your argument was to keep O'Brien because he showed he can be a good offensive coach. Given that the offense being bottom 10 once again do you still hold that opinion? How long does obrien get to build even an average offense?

20. Mr. Clutch

You obviously didn't watch the games because he went back to the new england offense at the beginning of the year. Stop making stuff up.

Sure it's a good trend of 2 games. But I think O'Brien will screw it up. That's the indication from 5 years of watching him operate.