1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Baker

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Jeremy Williams, Sep 12, 2020.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

For thinking Baker is a shitty manager? Many agree with me

2. right1

right1 Member

This Astros are more than likely going to win 106 games with Dusty as a "trash, garbage" manager. I wonder how many games they would win with a "good" manager. Dusty is a legend of the game in every regard. And you are an ignorant fool in every regard as far as I can tell.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Legend in ruining the careers of Wood and Prior, not winning the World Series with Bonds and Kent, and being the MLB version of Mark Jackson in Washington?

King1 likes this.
  4. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

The problem is there is a Saint Dusty Camp who can acknowledge no criticism of the Blessed Saint as just and there is a Human Camp that can acknowledge imperfections, which must be vociferously attacked when voiced and ostracized by the True Believers.

Pick a side and move on. It's called diversity of thought.

King1 likes this.
  5. right1

right1 Member

If you can't recognize Dusty as a legend of the game, you are either a goofus L7 weenie or haven't spent enough time around the game of baseball in the last 50 years.
    Dusty is a civil rights hero, first black manager with 2,000 wins, first to win division titles with 5 different teams, a world series champion, nlcs mvp, U.S marine corps reservist, cancer survivor, 2X all-star, gold glove winner, 2x silver slugger winner, 3x manager of the year, won both NL & AL pennant as manager, was on deck for Hank Aaron's 715th, got his first mlb hit in the Astrodome, owns his own winery and smoked a J on the street corner with Jimi Hendrix.

Total. Legend.

6. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All hail, Dusty,

7. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Aaron was my all time favorite athlete of any sport. I grew up watching him play in Atlanta. I was there the night he hit 715. Those letters make me sick to my stomach. It's sad to know that people like that exist. I'm remember Dusty Baker as a rookie too. Nothing but love for Dusty too.If you need an example of a team winning despite their manager see Dierker, Larry.

right1 likes this.
  8. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

After Terry Collins... Dierker was an upgrade.

Dusty is a legend, no doubt... he is a great person to be a glue of the team on a coaching staff, but he needs to delegate lineup construction and in-game decision making. Play the good cop in a clubhouse but by no means should he be the designated top tactician.

The Beard likes this.
  9. Pistol Pete

Supporting Member

Dierker was getting played in the dugout was his problem. There's a reason why no one came kicking the tires on Dierker after his time here ended. He just didn't have respect for his abilities from his key players. It appears the players love Baker and the team is still winning.

10. ktex

ktex Member

I just pray he didn't ruin Framber.

King1 likes this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I don't recall seeing a single poster on this board who hasn't had any criticism of Baker. I have written that he is a middle of the pack guy. Not in the top 5, not in the bottom 5. I give him credit for managing the pitching staff well. I question him on some of his lineup choices.

That being said...I think it's ridiculous for one (you) to think he is a racist because he plays favorites with the Latino players

12. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Just heard an interview with Jim Bowden who mentioned Miguel Cairo and Joe Espada as 2 of the names he has heard as candidates for White Sox job.

13. King1

Legend? Destroying pitchers careers and never winning a WS despite ridiculously stacked rosters. He a terrible manager plain and simple. He was part of our punishment lol. You Dumbo apologists are ridiculous

14. King1

Ah so it's about race. Wow.

15. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Perfectly said

lnchan likes this.
  16. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

All of that may very well be true

But 90% of that has absolutely nothing to do with his ability to manage a baseball game

What's crazy about this thread is almost everyone, on both sides, are wrong

He isn't a great manager

He also isn't totally incompetent

He seems to deal with players ego's and daily emotions well, but his ability to construct a lineup is sorely lacking

Hopefully in the playoffs he will lean on Espada for a lot of the day to day decisions, win his first title, and ride off into the championship sunset

17. right1

right1 Member

Yeah, the pennant race. And I must say, you're a bigger moron than I initially thought

18. King1

I'm devastated. Not sure how I'll recover from a clown who has a picture of Yoda as his avatar thinking negatively of me. Dumbo sucks.

19. King1

Always funny when people bring race into an argument.

20. right1

right1 Member

So not only do you have a strange, unhealthy dislike of Dusty Baker, now you've got a problem with Yoda, too? You're the epitome of an L7 weenie