1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Adelman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CrazyJoeDavola, Feb 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

T-Mac's been here how long and done jack for the Rockets?

Adelman's been here one and a half seasons. T-Mac's the one who's used up all his cred.

2. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Not with the Rockets.

3. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

adelmen sucks

4. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

dada,

we agree on one thing in regard to coaching...this is on artest and mcgrady more than adelman. adelman is a very good to great coach (just like van gundy) but these guys are killing the team. battier is either hurt or in serious decline, alston is feast or famine, scola and landry together add up to one terrible defender, wafer is a waste in limited minutes, brooks is also hit or miss etc.

but mcgrady is a poor nba player this year and artest isnt even that good. before we fire another really good coach, lets change our best players around.

5. rnrhodes21

rnrhodes21 Member

I’m thinking this is less of a coaching issue and more of a personnel problem. I’m tired of looking at McLady’s pathetic stats and the defeated and lost look in his eyes. I’ve been a fan since 1992 and I have defended this guy forever, but now I’m done! He does not have the heart of a champion and he is a cancer of bad defense to the rest of the team. Bottom line - your leader can not be one of the worst defenders if you want to win a championship. I guess my theory stands strong since he has never made it out of the 1st round!

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    As sad as it is, Tracy McGrady has accomplished more for the Rockets than Adelman ever will.
    <br>
    As far as I'm concerned, who cares, neither has won a championship, so what does it matter.

Adelman clearly does not fit here. Most importantly, he can't even use Yao correctly..
    <br>
    Adelman was fired by the Kings..
    There seems to be a reason for that

7. absent2007

absent2007 Member

At lease is useless, he need a real stuff...he is not leading rockets pass first round, and he's not leading rockets beat scrumbs

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Hate all you want this season but McGrady has done more for the Rockets than anyone else since JVG.

Although a trade seems necessary at this stage, let's not change history

9. bjshot

bjshot Member

JVG did this too.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not this year he hasn't....I could care less what McGrady has done, and it ain't all that much.

McGrady is vastly overated on this board, he is what he is...a former scoring champion who has lost his game and will to compete.

DD

11. Pringles

Pringles Member

What? Tracy done more for the Rockets than Rick?

They both led the Rockets to 1st round defeat.

But... Tracy for sure had his fair of chance. A lot more than Rick.
    Have no clue what you mean by Tracy doing more than Rick.

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm up in the air on Adelman. Part of me knows he's a good coach, part of me knows he's lost the locker room and the players are starting to quit on him. Usually when the latter happens it's a death sentence for the coach. We'll see what happens.

13. yobod

yobod Member

First of all,

anyone who TyPeS LiKe ThIS has no business telling another member to shut up.

There is a reason the topic of the thread as a question mark and not an exclamation mark. The OP wanted to know our thoughts and opinions. Personally I'm starting to wonder if Tracy has decided to stink it up because he doesn't want to be traded. I see no effort in his game, and if I'm Ron Artest who's all about competing (whether his shot is falling or not) I would question his defense also. Rafer is concerned about winning, so is Ron. Tracy is the only one I see making excuses for himself at all times.

I vote to keep Adelman, we play so much better without Tracy.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Here's an amazing fact that so many of you fail to point out:

This team was winning because Artest was out of the lineup!!
    <br>
    Who gives a crap if he's "trying"?
    Does that make us win?
    <br>
    Artest is a major cancer for this team and needs to go..

I'll even say to trade Artest before anyone else, and lets see what Adelman can do at that point.

15. wildskychen

wildskychen Member

But he had experience in coaching centers like yao.

16. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

OK JVG Lovers....I want you think about something really, really hard. If JVG was still the coach and we have the Tracy we have now......think again really, really ,really hard...we DO NOT have Brooks or Landry.....Scola would be playing behind Chuck Hayes...Wafer would not have even sniffed training camp and our offense would STILL consist of T-Mac Iso's and posting Yao up.

Hell, John Starks would probably be our backup two and we probably would have signed Larry Johnson instead of Artest......

Man I swear Tracy Lamar and JVG must pay you guys a buck for everytime you defend them LOL

legend215

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    All assumptions except that one statement about the iso's
    <br>
    Here's a thought, before you make a post where you try to assert some opinions played off as facts, why don't you at least have a credible argument.....
    <br>
    It isn't about JVG or not..
    Its about Adelman clearly not being able to lead this group.

We made a mistake hiring a washed up coach in the first place...

18. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

Wow...Okay I'll play.....Rick spent a couple of years watching Aaron in college and was pretty much hand picked by him. Let's be real, There's nothing that screamed defense when Carl came out so I think it's probably pretty fair that we wouldn't have picked. But again I'll play, let's pretend we did still pick Carl in the second round.....who do you think JVG cuts at the end of the camp...Carl or Mike Harris.

He would have played Scola over Hayes!.....come on man....

As far as Rick not being able to lead this group...why wasn't this an issue last year? Ricks problem is that he inherited possibly one of the most flawed "superstar" players in basketball.

Oh and how washed up did Rick look when Tracy was out on his sabatical and the young group came in, played his system and won games?

How about this...keep your thought and go collect your two bucks from tracy Lamar and JVG.......oh thanks for agreeing about the Iso's though ;)

#78 legend215, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  19. yq0202

yq0202 Member

Yeah, It's proved that Adelman is not suitable for Rox.

20. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

You're so far up McLady's "you know what" it's not even funny anymore. Stop, please my eyes are bleeding! When McLady is gone, please go with him, please. This bbs isn't called McLadyfans, it's called Clutchfans, for fans of the HOUSTON ROCKETS, not for one specific player, who I can say is absolutely worthless at this point of his/her career.