1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Adelman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CrazyJoeDavola, Feb 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. llpsoulqq

llpsoulqq Member

YES FIRE HIM!!!!!!!! omg ever since him rockets D suk!!

2. TheRocketShow24

Trade McGrady first, if this team still sucks. Ok, bye Adelman.

This team is fine without Mcgrady. In my opinion this team is much more tougher when he is gone. T-Mac is the softest player in the NBA and there is no denying that, He has earned himself Mike Conley's Nickname

Tracy "No Offense, No Defense" McGrady

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes, they did have games where the intensity wasn't there without him. Utah took them to 2OT while missing a ton of guys. They lost at Memphis.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

I personally still miss JVG. RA is a good coach but not for this team.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

What are you talking about? Doc Rivers isn't a good coach-he's a good motivator and character guy but the real x's and o's person in that team is Tom Thib. It looks like Adelman is the same...

6. RocketsHero

RocketsHero Member

They won 6 of 7 when Mac was out. T-mac played in Memphis, they lost. Mac gotta go.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I am starting to appreciate JVG more even though his offense sucks and stagnant. I think no matter what coach are coaching these Rockets, they're going to be stagnant anyway just because of their personels and going through Yao. But i appreciate JVG more because he's more discipline and know who to sub in and who gets to stay on court when they're playing well. Adelman on the other hands, like to yank players that play well....so stupid!! And this team defense is extremely bad...i mean they don't even challenge shots anymore.

8. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

They had a couple of bad games but for the most part they played with energy and took care of business. Exceptions don't disprove the rule.

McGrady's killing the team's chemistry, the Rockets are sniping at each other in the media. This needs to end.

9. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Fire his lazzzzy &ss.

No matter how good his record was, I see the worst rockets as a team for a long time.

I have not seen the rockets losing so many games to the worst in NBA.
    I have not seen worse defense for a very long time.
    I have not seen worse performance from Yao, TMac, Battier, Rafer since they came to the rockets.
    I have not seen worse game preparation.
    I have not seen worse efforts.

The only bright spot is his cultivating the young guys (Brooks, Landry, Wafer), but is the rockets in rebuilding? If no, fire the Rick Adelman and hire someone who can drive the veterans for a run.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The effort the team put forth with McGrady out of the lineup was promising.

The effort with McGrady on the floor has been atrocious, and disgusting.

I personally am fed up and about ready to stop watching games if this has-been is kept in the starting lineup because of some duty or past performance.

He's worthless now.

Cut your losses.

11. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Fire McGrady.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Something needs to happen. Whether it's a new coach or a trade, this team needs a change.

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

McGrady is far more the problem than Rick.

14. joesr

joesr Member

WAIT A MIN.

this is a hate thread for Adelman not Tmac.

where were you guys when you were on Tmacs nuts because he was recovering and Tmac said he was feeling better. Only few members were able to see thru this scheme and still wanted Tmac gone and now you Yeah tmac says he will be back so we like him again are back on the trade his arse? jeez, stay in one direction.

this message is not intended for everyone but for everyone.....

15. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

we've talked this again and again. R.Adelman is not suitable for Yao and current T-Mac. His strategies may not apply to Yao

I agree and approve to change the coach :p :p

16. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Screw it, you get rid of Adelman and keep T-Mac and the Rockets are still screwed.

T-Mac's the problem.

17. Pringles

Pringles Member

I honestly was excited when I read, There will be a fierce T-Mac. Than he just quits on the team during the season like the Raptors game. And that just got me mad. Then he goes out for 2/3 weeks. I'm still upset because he didn't rehab enough which led to that. Then he comes back and plays the same way as he did before the 2/3 weeks "vacation for a 22 million dollar player."

Unacceptable. I want my highest paid player (and one of the highest paid player in the league) to play every night with intensity.

Then, when 4 of your starters shoot horrible, you blame the coach?

18. anson-ke

anson-ke Member

i miss JVG's defence too,
    90 points is ok.
    let's start from defence

19. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

i been saying that sice the last year

20. luzhiling29

luzhiling29 Member

I miss Tom Thibodeau & JVG