1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE ADELMAN! (Yes I am serious)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, Nov 21, 2007.

1. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

What I find amazing is that when the Rockets tried to shop Alston during the summer, NOBODY wanted him. Now he's our started again!

2. YallMean

YallMean Member

The problem is the guy competing with him: one was dumped to us by Minny, one was paid not to be around young budding portland players, and one is green. So you got a basket of rotten tomatoes and Adelman decided Rafer is the least rotten one of the bunch. It's not that hard to understand really.

3. ronald0220

ronald0220 New Member

i don't think to fire him is a good way to Rockets, we need practice more games. Tonight is a good starting, only 12 games is not enough.
    what do we learn from the games is the most important. he has a lot of pressures, so just take easy...
    :)

4. elvis

elvis Member

The Rockets never should have let Van Gundy go. The single dumbest move by Les Alexander since he bought the team (even Dumber than Kelvin Cato or Moochie Norris's contracts.)

I can't ****ing believe I've got to watch this bull**** for an entire season.

5. SmitingPurpleEm

Just watched R2K's highlight clip of the Dallas game. I only watched the last 10 minutes of the game so I didn't know how Yao got his 30 points. In this case the stats of the game are deceiving IMO. Way too many perimeter jumpers for Yao. This is completely ADELMAN's fault for not getting Yao the ball in the low post.

Yao expressed that he was displeased that the team was unable to feed the low post when the Mavericks went small. Guess what he really means? He's saying "I want more touches in the post." I think it is obvious that Yao is not exactly pleased with Adelman. The magic words may well be forthcoming. Stay tuned; it is the best hope for getting Adelman fired.

6. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

This is just hilarious.

My boyfriend JVG is a BETTER coach than Adelman. I am sorry. But its true.

But guess what? JVG didn't get my team past the first round...again...and for whatever reason that is, it didn't happen. Sorry. After 4 years, it does sound like a divorce waiting to happen in my book.

The thing is that we should of looked for a BETTER coach than JVG. And he just wasn't out there. So, in reality, we could have made a case to give JVG a 2 year extension so that if someone actually DID appear, he can just do this year and he could of gotten fired and take the year off with pay.

We can't change course right now because that will be a total disaster. When you keep switching coaches, that causes so much instability in an organization that players will want to leave. The mistake was to not get someone better than JVG to replace him.

BIG MISTAKE.

All that being said, to say Adelman needs to get fired 10 games into the season is so stupid. There is absolutely no patience around here anymore.

PS....

Can someone please break Rafers legs so he can't play for the year? Please? He can still be on the bench supporting the team. PLEASE!!!!

7. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Damn I thought our offense played awesome and moved the ball extremely well. We just don't hit shots down the stretch and play bad transition D. That's on the players.

Just wait. We have a pretty easy stretch of games coming up (except for PHX). We will get back on track. Look for us to dismantle Miami like the little girls they are.

8. kwng

kwng Member

:D so everyone competing with the guy is rotten tomatoes. Hey wait,
    maybe one (Steve) just looked rotten .. it's actually dirty not rotten,
    just need some polishing. ;)

9. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Not everyone, prob just the ones that exihibit very limited patience and perspective. It's rather easy to outwit most of those.

10. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

Many, if not all, from Oct and Nov? Makes one wonder....

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

and replace him with who? (please don't say JVG b/c his offense was A-T-R-O-C-I-O-U-S.

we aren't getting phil jackson anytime soon.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont know what RA is doin?!?!? Why is he runnin guys 35-40 minutes and leavin guys like Scola on the bench? Seems to me, he's got a system he wants too run - regardless of his personnel! Too many coaches have this philosphy - rather than PLAYING TO YOUR STRENGTHS! Personnel should dictate your schemes - whatever scheme is going to best optimise your players' skillset. If you want to build toward a certain goal via draft, free agents, trades - fine, but until then, you play the cards in your hand!

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Les needs to give Rudy T a call - that's a man with no ego, who gets the most outta his players.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

that was why i hated JVG. he played how he wanted to play and made his players fit to his system.

so far, adelman seems to be the same way. i thought when we hired adelman, he was a "player's coach" who would mold his system to fit the players. it's only 12 games so maybe he's still experimenting or trying to see if his offense still fits. we might see some changes soon. if we don't, we have an offensive version of JVG, which was not what this team was looking for.

fired a dictator and hires a dictator. where's the democracy?

15. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

not a good post. It is crazy to even be talking about this topic right now. Rick's offense is a great improvement form last year, and as the team adapts to it, it will only get better. The only thing that he still needs to figure out is the guard situation. James and Alston just aren't cutting it. I'm not someone who believe Francis is the answer, but maybe it is time to give it a try? We can't watch these guards jack shot after shot up then not play defense on the other end.

Lets give Rick some time to figure out who can run this system the best. It will happen. For now lets just hope we can some how land an amazing guard in a trade (we can dream can't we)

16. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Guys...

Hurry up and fire Adelman and try to get JVG back. Rumors are abound that he is going to be the next Knicks coach!

And then, what you gonna do when no playoffs come crashing on you!

Just kidding of course. I just find this thread so ridiculous 10 games in. I just have to try and be funny.

17. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

Exactly. No way we should go back to JVG. However, if one day Phil Jackson decides to quit from Lakers, we should fire Adelman immediately and pay whatever to hire Jackson. Right now I am willing to give Adelman half a season before I jump on the wagon of firing him.

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I wish there was a thread-screening system.

This thread is exactly why I try not to post here after losses this season

Trade Yao, trade TMac, fire adelman, this season's a failure, the sky is falling

settle down, chicken littles

19. SmitingPurpleEm

Larry Brown and Rick Carlisle are currently out of work.

You say they are JVG clones. I say that's exactly what we need.

20. Madmax89

Madmax89 Member

im rearry tired of coach a alreary, dat burr****!!