1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE ADELMAN! (Yes I am serious)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, Nov 21, 2007.

1. jondoe

jondoe Member

2. jondoe

jondoe Member

rox get decent point guard, can activate one of the rookies, stromile swift jr. (at least he's athletic)

Bulls get low post scoring in bonzi, and three point shooting in head, and a ballboy in rafer

3. jondoe

jondoe Member

bulls can also play Joakim since stro swift jr will be with rox

4. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

anyone else tired of all the new members on the board??

5. SmitingPurpleEm

I never wanted Adelman hired, so I don't need to jump off any bandwagon.

But lost in the "OMGZ Rafer sucks play Steve Francis LOLOL!!!!11" hoopla is the fact that Adelman is regressing Yao's game. He has Yao stand at the elbow where he is extraordinarily ineffective, doesn't have the team commit to feeding Yao in the post, always a constant under JVG, and can't/doesn't want to figure out a way to feed Yao when he is being fronted (this goes with the lack of commitment), something JVG eventually figured out how to deal with. This even happened last night when Yao had it going well but didn't get post touches against Brandon Bass in the 4th quarter. The team didn't even look for him in the post. I place ALL the blame on Adelman. Yao is playing mediocre ball and is healthy. You can partly blame Yao for playing poorly but the main blame goes to Adelman for putting him in a position to fail.

Yao is clearly frustrated (why the hell else would he request a conference with Adelman) and if this goes on long enough I am hoping he will blame his frustrations and struggles on Adelman and flame him to a crisp. If Yao says "fire Adelman" then Adelman will be fired. This is the best hope for everyone who wants Adelman out.

6. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

If Yao comes out and says Adelman isn't helping set him up, which he won't, then Adelman would be the first to listen. Adelman adjusts to Yao, period. Yao saying that Rick isn't helping would make us all think extra hard, and certainly light the Adelman debate on fire. I'm sure the BBS would be calling for his head, but that is about par for the course for the Rockets (read: Jeff Van Gundy). This doesn't mean Yao has the power to fire Adelman. Yao has the power to turn everybody against Adelman, but its not as simple as Yao says who the coach is.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm not so sure of that, he doesn't really seem to be. Can you gimme a quote or a source or something. I'm not saying you're wrong, a little validation would be nice tho.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Do you have a point? They could have acquired Gabriel and The Angel's but if they're not on the court...what does it matter? Here is the percentages of minutes played...

Yao 76%
    Battier 72%
    McGrady 62%
    Alston 60%
    Hayes 50%
    James 49%
    Wells 46%
    Scola 40%
    Head 29%
    Mutombo 8%
    Francis 4%
    Snyder 4%
    Brooks 1%

* Francis and Brooks have a combined 26 minutes in 12 games.
    * Chuck Hayes and his tremendous 40 points over 12 games has played more minutes than James, Wells or Scola.
    * Shane "I don't like to shoot" Battier has played only 79 fewer minutes than Wells and Scola combined. IOW, Battier plays a little less than 6 minutes per game than BOTH of them TOGETHER.

I don't care WHO is on the team, Van Gundy's personnel are starting, finishing and blew both Q4 leads against Dallas.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Dude, thats like saying a I don't like Tuna fish sandwiches so I won't like burgers, both start and end with bread, it's whats in the middle that counts.

While my metaphor is stretch what I'm trying to get across is the fact that yes, RA might have the same pieces it doesn't mean he's building the same thing as Gundy was. Here's the scariest part of all, Gundy had years to mature and launch his model, we've only given Rick 12 games. We have 99% the same genetic material as a chimp, but last time i checked I aint seen no chimp hook up with Natalie Portman. The same pieces in the same intensity do not reap the same results.

10. kwng

kwng Member

I am not sure Adelman is that stubborn before but he does look
    like one now.

11. earth

earth Rookie

It's unfair to blame Yao too much on the 2+1 at the crunch time, without his dominant offsense, Rox has been beaten in 3 quarters. Several points are presented here:
    1) Yao is not the clutch player in this team, although he is a veeery good team player, he is not a quick passer, still have no feeling of PG. This is Tmac's team. Gundy said TMac is Nash of Rox.
    2)Tmac doesn't want to be Clyder, this is the reason why Rox lose this game.
    3)This is not a balanced teams, look at the salary the salary of TMac and Yao
    and that of other players.
    4)Rafer/SF3/James are not realiable PG.

Currently one possible solution is that Tmac must be high efficient(like Nash), he should abandon too much jumpers(very very bad habit) and be a real PG in 48 mins on the court to maximize the offense of Yao, Bonzi and other players.

12. ekim

ekim Member

Yes... Adelman not playing Scola, Francis, Brooks, and Landry enough has to do with JVG.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

13. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

I will give Coach Adelman half a season to get his act together. At this moment, I don't have big problem with the way he played Yao, becasue Yao at leats has been able to play longer and even has played better in the fourth quarters. My problem with him right now is his stubbornness to stick with Rafer, who is proven a mediocre PG, and not giving Steve (a former all star) a chance, and to not to play Scola more and let him make some mistakes on his way to be a good NBA player.

14. SmitingPurpleEm

He said this to the Chron that he is frustrated with the way he is playing.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5315814.html

This is innocuous so far, but if he gets sufficiently frustrated then he will blame the coach for putting him in a position to fail. I have also never seen him express his frustration like this. He asked for a conference with Adelman, clearly to discuss his role. Usually when he struggles he just keeps it to himself and doesn't talk about it.

If it gets bad enough, Yao can go to Les Alexander and say "fire Adelman or trade me". I think we all know what Alexander would do; the Almighty Dollar speaks loudest. This is the best hope for getting Adelman fired.

15. tigernet

tigernet Contributing Member

Rick Adelman has no defensive play on his play book. Rockets will lose more games this year and the players will lose confident in RA sooner or later.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

The fact that this thread has three stars... tells me a lot about the basketball IQ of the posters in it. That is all.

17. blastaway

blastaway Member

Wow, if we don't win at least 50 games this year and have another first round exit, if Adelman is here next year, I may not watch a single game! :eek: And that would hurt me dearly because I love basketball and the Rockets. :( Or I might be courtside seats to throw a pie in Adelman's face to get permantly banned from Toyota Center for life! :D (just kidding, don't any of your freaks get any stupid ideas going)

18. blastaway

blastaway Member

Im with you 100% on this one. My sentiments exactly.

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Okay, now, take this with a grain of salt but it seems more like Yao is blaming himself more than RA. i know that Yao can sometimes take on more blame than he should, but how do we know where his frustrations truly lay. I dunno, i think its all too shaky to make a judgment right now.

20. clapnrobem

clapnrobem Member

Why is it that you think your SO much smarter then everyone else here? If you thought this was useless garbage posted by people with a low b-ball IQ.... then why did you read it?