1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIRE ADELMAN! (Yes I am serious)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by persian hoopa, Nov 21, 2007.

1. zong

zong Member

Les is losing money because of Ricky A current performance. Many fans already quit to go to the games.

2. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

Its hard to say without us knowing whats going on in the huddle.

Was the t-mac pick and fall away jump shot at the end of the game a drawn up play or was it t-macs decision.

I have a feeling that adelman told them to run the pick and roll, and t-mac is the qb of that play, he can drive, shoot, or pass based on reads, and in this case as what seems to be usual at the end of games lately, he took the easy way out.

I sometimes get the feeling that nobody can tell T-mac what to do. He does what he wants, if he feels good he'll pull up from 5 ft behind the arc, if he feels bad he'll pass to rafer, and because he is the scoring champ nobody can question him.

3. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

Look at our offseason acquisitions. Mike James, Bonzi Wells, Stevie Franchise, Luis Scola, Brooks, the list goes on and on. You call them spot up shooters? They can all create their own shots. And they all didn't play for JVG.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Before the season started people were calling this the best off-season ever and this Rockets team the most talented ever.

Fast-forward 12 games and a 6-6 record with an offense that is worse than JVG's and all of the sudden we have nothing but one dimensional role players?
    Sounds like some members are trying to compare this roster to the one JVG had last season. Mike James, a healthy Bonzi, Scola and Steve Francis don't upgrade the talent significantly over last season? That's news to me.

Say what you want about it being early in the season or that this team lacks chemistry but save the BS about lack of talent or one-dimensional role players. This team would be much, much better with JVG and all of this added talent. It sure as hell would have beat Utah in the first round last season.

I know it is early in the season but the offense appears to have regressed since opening night. The defense has too. I don't see any improvement from game to game and if you think we are going to get a decent spot in the playoff standings by playing .500 ball for the first half of the season you are sadly mistaken. It is still "win now" mode for this team. 12 games into the season is far too long for this team to still look this bad.

5. Man-Dingo

Man-Dingo Member

I wouldn't say fire him, its too early and he has a family to feed. Its more like give him an ultimatum or ask him for the type of players that he needs, and trade for them, or atleast try

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'm talking about establishing a set rotation. Figuring out the best five man units and sticking with them. I'm sure RA will quickly realize that a nothing good at all will come of a Head/MJ backcourt with Luther being the primary ball handler.

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Yeah right! Fire his ASS! Isiah Thomas will be available pretty soon! :D

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Larry Brown or Rick Carlile

If Les is willing to pay more, it should be Larry Brown. Otherwise, Rick Carlile is a good choice.

9. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Y'all weren't calling for Adelman's head when we were 6-1.

We lost 5 straight, I know it sucks, but one 5 game losing streak is not reason enough to fire a brand new coach, when him and his players are still adjusting to each other....

Sheesh.

He's a good coach. Give him 2 years, if we still don't get out the 1st round, then fire his ass. Until then, let the man do his job.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Ok im gonna come out and say it. You are right absolutely right. JVG was the right coach. It was our team last year that sucked. Our rotatation this year also sucks. Adleman is not utilizing the full potential of this roster. As dave78 said above, If JVG had this squad he would do much better with them. At the very least we would have beat Utah last year :eek:
    <br>
    I can't believe I bashed JVG for such a long time last year, and waited anxiously for the day we got a new coach, only to be stuck with this headcase.
    <br>
    I WAS WRONG ABOUT JVG
    <br>
    Had to say it

11. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

lol you guys are such jokes

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

LOL at YOF's. Sometimes you don't apperciate it till it's gone. Hey but look, at least JVG's not here to stifle Yao Ming's creative passing and high post shooting. I tried to tell ya.

13. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

At least you admit it. Now the rest of the JVG hating frauds doing the same...

...we'll see.

14. bonojzk2005

bonojzk2005 Member

Adelman is much stubborn than JVG.
    JVG would adjust if a lineup does not work well, Adelman stick to his system.
    JVG had winning record last year, Adelman lost 5 in a row although rockets got a nice upgrade on the rosters...

Fire Adelman, bring back JVG.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I don't know why Adelman likes VGD's lineup so much! Does he think he can use the same lineup better than VGD? VGD used the lineup for his own play system. I don't think it fits well with Adelman's system. :(

16. bonojzk2005

bonojzk2005 Member

I don't think rockets should fit the Adelman's system, rather, Adelman's system should fit rockets roster. Using JVG's old lineup shows how clueless Adelman is!

Last year, rockets' strength was clearly defense! It fits well with rockets. this year, defense is not a focus, but how can you become a run and gun team without the pieces that Suns or old Kings had.

forget about Adelman, I turely miss JVG, he is a good man and he had winning record and would never lose 5 in a row!!!

17. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

You guys can't be serious, you want to fire a brand new head coach after 12 games. Please :rolleyes:

Talk about fickle fans.

18. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Fans quit going to games because they believe the man who is the head coach is unqualified????? WHAT THE HELL???

That is an inane statement. The game was sold out last night, and Adelman has as much to do with attendance as I do.

19. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I watched espn last night. It did show many empty seats.

20. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

Do any of u even watch basketball? its way too ****in early to talk about firing anybody. they dont even have the system down yet so please stop ****in whining. are yall fans or b****es?