1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finishing touches

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by sydmill, Dec 31, 2016.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

This team has me pumped for the playoffs already. So long as we avoid a team wide shooting slump, we look like a tough out for anybody, including GS. That being said, I think this year's draft is crucial to continue building towards a chip and bringing in some fresh blood. Therefore, my way too early draft wishlist. Please discuss.

I would love to see us somehow pick up an additional first rounder. Even a back end pick we could parlay along with our own picks to move up for Bam Adebayo. He looks to be a guy who could be a difference maker behind Capela playing a role similar to Amare in MDA's phoenix days. Coming off the bench, he would, I think, be a contributor in year 1 along with Montrezl, Dekker and Gordon. Best case scenario: Dwight with less shot blocking and less postup demands. Worst case: JJ Hickson.

A few others I would do more than kick the tires on are Isaiah Hartenstein and Jaron Blossomgame. Hartenstein as a guy whose ceiling is high and Blossomgame as a guy to groom as Ariza's replacement. Who else does the board like to add to the team as currently constructed?