1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally we will be free!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-Mike, Jan 13, 2021.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

too much credit? lets see playoffs every season hes been here. check. An average of 50+ wins each year. is that too much credit or is that a fact? last I checked fact

His jersey is without a doubt going to be retired here. you folks that are butthurt to the level of ridiculousness don't matter

CCity Zero, Air Canada and HP3 like this.
  3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

What you just stated is an egregious example of the biggest fallacies people make when judging anyone... Especially sports fans. You can't judge people who are part of an organization just by the organization's results. There's a million variables there. Like Chris Paul's injury. It's like judging a mayor of NYC by 9/11.

If Yao defected from China like he should have, he might have accomplished something here worth ranking him ahead of Harden, but he didn't. He failed way harder than Harden by your own nonsensical measures. Never even got to the WCF, let alone getting robbed by a teammate's injury, Scott Foster, and the most stacked team of all time after winning 65 games.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yao led with his work ethic, Yao played on a broken foot, Yao led.

Neither won a ring.

And Yao didn't disrespect his teammates and the city by quitting his way out of town.

Yao was/is a better Houston Rocket - it is ok to disagree - this is how I see it. I would much rather watch Yao Ming in his prime than Harden.

Harden in the end, was a scoring side show.

DD

Yung-T likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

LOL, literally nobody in the universe will ever agree with this but, emotions run high, it's fine.

CCity Zero, HP3 and SuperMarioBro like this.
  6. SamFisher

Free of having to actually care about the Rockets because we will be a dumpster team until they get lucky in the draft. Could take....a long, long time. 4-5 years is maybe the median of a contender-lotto-playoffs cycle. That's what it was last time.

Enjoy your freedom.

FrontRunner, snowconeman22 and HP3 like this.
  7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Its been a while since a full rebuild.
    I just hope The Tilman and Lil Tilman give Stone and Silas complete control.

8. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Riiiight lmao fair weather fans are priceless. I guarantee half of you quit watching before the end of the season when you realize how miserable and irrelevant this franchise really is with just tilmen jr and whatever draft picks they get in return

CCity Zero, Rocket River and HP3 like this.
  9. HardenVolumeOne

yao was an injury prone dissapointment for a number 1 pick. basically a carbon copy of blake griffin career. Nobody thinks blake is better than harden

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'm pretty excited at the idea of drafting in the lottery again. That hasn't happened in Houston for a long ass time.

11. DaDakota

It's ok, I just prefer players that don't quit, it really drops them down a lot in my eyes.....I can appreciate James as the amazing scorer he was, probably the best ever, but I can also see the flaws he had which cost him from ever winning big.

Been a fan since 1972, I doubt I will quit because HardenBooBoo left.

DD

Rockets4Life13 and Yung-T like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bro look at this page. 90% of the posters have been here since before Harden was a Rocket.

Rockets4Life13, hakeem94 and Yung-T like this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We are free of the playoffs.

FrontRunner and YOLO like this.
  14. SamFisher

It's fine but everybody quits. Daryl quit, Mike quit, Harden quit.

HP3 likes this.
  15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

watching 10 games a season and getting the rest of their takes from espn or twitter to fill in the gaps would explain a lot of the laughable things you read on here

16. DaDakota

Yes, I agree - both Morey and D'Antoni quit too....

Would love to know if this is all Tillman and his far right agenda - ....but alas we may never know that.

My mind would swing a lot if that were true, I hate the far right.

DD

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Philly better get to the finals this year or **** will really hit the fan lol.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What's so fun about losing?

Also, did you watch the players not named Harden try and pass the ball to each other in yesterdays game? They seemed incapable. It won't be much fun watching the opposition team on a turnover layup drill..

YOLO likes this.
  19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Tilman is on the side of money. Dude held fundraisers for Obama.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL, enjoy the losing ball movement. Its fine, if he's just a dick head like this, whatever. If he requested a trade to LA LMAO.....than I dont even care about the bad takes...slander away.