1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

finally, i can change my texans...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by speedball, Jun 30, 2009.

1. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

...calendar off of cc brown and on to...

andre davis--who i was just thinking about. we need to get him more involved in the offense. he has become such a good return man, but i still remember him from 2 years ago. when he is healthy, he can be pretty dangerous. he, or jacoby needs to become a bigger threat to take the double teams off AJ.

however, if jacoby doesn't work out, that free's up #12 for casey to wear ;)

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Jacoby Jones won't make it through training camp unless lightning strikes all the other guys capable of returning kicks.

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Why does everyone always forget about Kevin Walter? The guy is a legit #2 on ANY team.

Davis will be #3, Andersen will be #4. Jones probably should be cut and give the PR duties to Moats or anyone else capable (not sure if any of our rookie DB's have experience)...then the #5 receiver is Darnell Jenkins (or whoever wins the spot in camp), who they liked last year but had to keep him on practice squad. Or they might just keep 4 active.

Sucks about Jacoby though. He had such a brilliant '07 preseason...he's the Texans version of Kelvin Cato.

1 person likes this.
  4. speedball

yeah, i'm kinda afraid of that. i really like jacoby. i wish we could duct tape the ball to his arm or something and point him to the endzone.

5. speedball

dude, i love kevin walter, he is a solid # 2. if we don't talk about him, maybe the rest of the league will forget to cover him.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Dude, did you know Marvin Harrison is still a free agent?!??!?!?! He's a Hall of Famer, and we only have one receiver! What are you doing Kubiag, pick up the phone!!! ;) :D

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Harrison is a hall of fame player, but he doesnt play at a hall of fame level anymore. Thats the reason we are 3 weeks before camps open and he is still unsigned.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm reasonably sure The Cat was being sarcastic.

9. conquistador#11

Why would you have a calendar of the players and not our beautiful cheerleaders?

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

. yer he be sarcassic ,

11. Anticope

Anticope Member

I like Andre Davis and his speed, but I'm really hoping David Anderson steps up to take over the #3 receiver position as I like what he brings to the table. He is the perfect guy to put in the slot and reminds me a little bit of a younger Wes Welker.

As far as Jacoby, this is his last shot and though I am still holding out hope, I really have my doubts that he can suddenly catch on and become the receiver we thought he would be after the 2007 preseason.

12. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

Kevin Walter is a perfect complement to Andre Johnson. Kevin almost had a 1,000 yard season and fell short by just 101 yds.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

and he is on a contract year. if he remains healthy, he will wreck shop this season.

all of a sudden, I'm a thousand times more pumped up about the Texans season. it's the only thing not making me want to stab myself in the eye right now.