1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally got an email read on rome

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket Fan, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

woohoo I finally managed to get an email read on rome today as one of the three they read near the end of the show.. too bad they didnt' pick a winner today [​IMG]

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

2. Timing

Timing Member

Was it the Berkman email? Damn I missed his interview, big bummer!

------------------
    First the Sopranos and now Eddie Griffin... thank you New Jersey!

3. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

timing.. yeah it was the berkman one. not the best email but i didn't want to spend too much time since i doubted he would read it.. lol should have taped it becuase i know a lot of people that listen to the show but never get anything on it lol..

oh well yeah it was the berkman one.. wasn't good enough to win anywyas so i guess its good he didn't pick an email winner. cause i'd have lost [​IMG]

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"
    "Life without basketball in Houston........without an arena that is what it will be"

4. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

5. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

rockhead.. no it was signed shane in htown. i guess the archive will be up tomorrow. lol i'll find it to post.. but it only sounds good when he reads it lol

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Did you guys here Lance's story about the TCU game ? Hilarious. [​IMG]

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

7. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

yeah the plastic bag lol that was funny

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"

8. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

lol this was it.. hmm the archive is up with aduio online now hehe
    Hey Romey,
    Great interview with Lance Berkman. Everytime I hear or see an interview with Berkman it convinces me of just how good a guy he really is. Last season in an exhibition game before Berkman became a proven player I got a chance to meet him. He was walking along the fences signing autographs for everyone and being an all around good guy. I hadn't seen someone sign autographs so willingly before besides Lima Time. Lance is a good young player who may end up battling for the batting title with Alou this season and ex-astro gonzo. Lance is also a new father which may be part of how he has become mature so quickly. Props to you for the interview and to Lance. Young players like Lance are what is good about baseball today and gives Astros fans hope for the future and a team that willl contend for years. Once again great interview and Lance is the man.

Shane in HTown

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"

9. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

They have a weeks worth of archives you can listen to. I usually listen to Rome at night when doing stuff around the studio.
    Rocket Fan if I notice the Berkman email tonite, I'll Total Record the stream for you and send you the mp3 if the files not too big. You got high Bandwidth?

BTW was it near the very end?
    Was it the 3rd hour?
    I'll let ya know if I get it [​IMG]

------------------
    This space left intentionally blank...

[This message has been edited by mr_oily (edited July 10, 2001).]

10. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

mroily.. thanks.. actually i'm still stuck on dial up lol...

i listened to it earlier.. i believe it is around the 2:36 mark... the 3rd email he read when he reads the 3... thanks though i wasnt' sure how to make it into a mp3 or whatever

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"

11. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I've lucked out and had about 3 or 4 e-mails read on there. I had one about Tim Johnson, and I can't remember the other ones off hand. I've sent e-mails there, and he seems to remember mine name so a lot of times if my is decent he'll read it! [​IMG]

------------------
    "Instruments are like women: After a while, you want to make love to another."

- Nicolas Godin of the musical duo Air

[This message has been edited by RocksMillenium (edited July 10, 2001).]

12. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Congratulations RocketFan. I caught the email section of it as I was driving -- I wanted yours to win. Well done!!

------------------
    CC.net's most courteous driver

Oh yeah, and I'm looking for a job right now, so hire me please :)

13. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

rocksmilenium.. yeah this was the first serious one that meant anything i've sent in.... that i actually took a sec to write i think i sent one or two before.. this is the first i actaully tried on.. i think the key is getting him to know your name.. once you've had one or two read on there they will see the email address and look at it.. otherwise i think they probably end up deleteing a bunch withotu reading.. since they are so swamped with emails

vegeance..thanks... lol it would have been nice to win lol.. afterwards he was like.. none are good enough to win lol..

i'd have made it better but he was in seattle and not reading many emails i think he read like 3 all day.. the three in the contest.. the guy in La at the studio was only forwarding him the ones he thought were good so i figured there probably wasnt' a chance that mine would get from LA to seattle to him.. oh well... just glad i was on there without having to cuss or talk trash about anyone... lol plus i'm only a high school kid lol.. i can't do any better [​IMG] anywyas 2 of the 3 were from houston... if he would have ranked them my luck i would have got 3rd

------------------
    Shane
    "Save Our Rockets"

[This message has been edited by Rocket Fan (edited July 10, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Rocket Fan (edited July 10, 2001).]