1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Final Season] The Office

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Sep 4, 2012.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

The show's really trying to go out on top. So many great things happening. And the very end of tonight's episode was pretty awesome.

2. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

seriously! at first it wasn't the best, but the last few episodes have gotten interesting and entertaining.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Didn't realize it was an hour episode tonight, great surprise. Loved the Saul Goodman cameo, spitting image of Michael. Maybe testing a possible spinoff for him? I really thought Toby was the Scranton Strangler but I guess not. Andy was hilarious and I was glad to see Gabe's weird self come back. Finally some real tension between Jim and Pam, 10 years in the making but it should be good.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

How many more episodes left?

5. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I think 5

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

They are really have done a solid job thus far, especially JAMS relationship, giving it a more realistic feel again.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

24 episodes in season 9, yesterday was episode 16. That leaves 8 episodes in the series. Anyone know when they're gonna pick it up again? I think they will take a 1-3 month hiatus.

8. likestohypeguy

By far the best stuff i've seen on the office in a long time. Odenkirk knocked that character out of the park,& still made it his own. I like how michael's old "student of comedy" DB routine progressed into odenkirk's similar but more smug 'critic of comedy' DB (butchering a larry david joke then when it fell flat insulting the show). He was so good I think they could have seamlessly transitioned to him from carell & it would have worked despite how good steve c. was. I was just REALLY wanting pam to work there, see her get abused by odenkirk for a while. I can see why they couldn't let that happen though.

Poor Ed helms, the writing is killing him. They had to finish him & make him be completely unlikable after his break, so they could swap out erin without any offense. But they kept him away long enough, & the nature of the boat trip excused coming back with his character tweaked, but he still can't really pull anything "bigger" off that works since carell left. jUst not in his repertoire I don't think, anything much more than a simple quirky type role player, as he did well with earlier.

WIsh there was more odenkirk to come in these last episodes though. That was great. Disappointing if that's it.

9. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xN9ytvSPDYA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

^^ 2 hours, 53 minutes in, While interviewing Craig Robinson, he mentions there are only 4 left.. And this interview took place on the 12th.

:( I wish/hope you're somehow right over Daryl

10. JunkyardDwg

Only thing that bothers me about JAM is Jim's sudden anger a few episodes ago. Yeah maybe they fight a little off camera, but the problem is we don't see what happens off camera in this "reality" show. So that seemed a little forced. But last night I think put their whole issue into much better context and came off well. Definitely starting to see this new "dream" job of his in Philly affecting him in a negative way, and Pam's uncertainty about moving there. After last night's episode, I don't see how Jim can go back to Scranton nor how she can go to Philly. She needs to do something with her art. And I think they find a happily ever after someplace different entirely. Maybe NY since both of them left that city for the other.

Honestly I think Andy needed to be the villain for the betterment of the show, so I'm not too upset about it.

11. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I like that they have added a wrinkle into the Jim/Pam relationship this season, but I hate what they did with the storyline that involved the guy on the camera crew.

If they were going to introduce the crew as characters in the show, they should have done it several years ago. And now he's gone just as soon as he appeared. It just seems like a waste to break down that wall just for the purpose of having the Jim and Pam characters realize that they would rather fight with each other than brush something under the rug.

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Very funny- they're going to end this in a great way.

13. JunkyardDwg

Except the stupid Bryan/Jim/Pam thing. I was scratching my head trying to figure out Pam's deal in this episode. But the shot of the whole office realizing all their secrets were caught on camera and then looking at the film crew was awesome.

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Andy's scenes today were awesome. Bringing out the old anger problems was hilarious.

15. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

http://epguides.com/Office_US/

As of today, there are 7 episodes left in the series.

I think I read somewhere there were 24 episodes in season 9. According to wikipedia:

Originally, the season was supposed to contain 24 episodes, which would have meant that the series aired exactly 200 episodes. However, the series' penultimate episode was elongated into 2 separate episodes, resulting in "Finale"—which was announced previously as an hour-long special—being the 24th and 25th episodes of the season. This meant that the last part of "Finale" will be the series' 201st episode.[1] On March 19, 2013, the official Office fansite OfficeTally launched a campaign on Change.org to "super-size or extend" the finale; this campaign was motivated by a statement made by Daniels, in which he mentioned he would "beg" the studio to air a longer episode.[21][22] On March 27, the petition surpassed 10,000 signatures.[21]

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

One more and it's the end. Wow, nearly a decade of The Office. This was the Rockets' roster when the Office premiered in 2005:

No. Player Pos Ht Wt Birth Date Exp College
    42 Vin Baker
    12 Andre Barrett
    20 Jon Barry
    40 Ryan Bowen
    32 Torraye Braggs
    4 Reece Gaines
    5 Juwan Howard
    21 Jim Jackson
    13 Mike James
    10 Brandin Knight
    10 Tyronn Lue
    1 Tracy McGrady
    11 Yao Ming
    55 Dikembe Mutombo
    9 Bostjan Nachbar
    25 Moochie Norris
    35 Scott Padgett
    31 Rod Strickland
    3 Bob Sura
    2 Maurice Taylor
    17 Charlie Ward
    30 Clarence Weatherspoon
    7 David Wesley

17. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Dwight is an idiot.

Milk maid = Hot
    Angela = Not

18. JunkyardDwg

They scored a home run with this episode, after wasting much of the middle part of the season. Now it's starting to set in that it's finally coming to an end.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Can't believe there's only one episode left. :(

This season has been a great bounce back from years past.

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

With these last few episodes, the show has reminded me of why I loved it in the first place.

I have never understood it when people say they feel like they know the characters or that a show defined a particular time in their life, but I totally get it now.