1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final Prediction: Who do you think will win? (not who you want to win)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Nov 1, 2020.

?

Who do you think will win? (not who you want to win)

1. Trump

2. Biden

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Depends on what you mean by wins.

I think it honestly comes down to how many mail in ballots get disqualified for whatever reasons

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Dang you mean I can’t vote after the election? I was gonna vote for Biden but I sprained my knee and can’t get to my mailbox. I need a community bus to pick me up at the doorstep, take me to the mailbox and provide travel accommodation While still adhering to science protocols for return to my front step

B@ffled likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Do you have hypothermia at a Trump rally?

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

An economic policy of running a trillion dollar deficit when the economy was doing pretty well. How long can you do that? Yeah it will make your numbers look better but at some point it will stop working.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah i didnt think you did thats what makes it intriguing to me. i have been listening to hear the talking points directly. he says things and same day you start seeing it pop up..

as incumbent ..2020 and all else im not convinced of anything. i thought hilary would win by big margin and i was wrong. so i dont have any illusions here...you/he might be correct. you certainly could have thought this on your own.

i do think there are many that didnt vote last time and will vote for biden. i personally know over 10 people like this.

the polls might be off due to many factors but this not being one..

to think someone would lie due to fear shy etc ..i find it to be apologetic and obscure ..strange to say folks would misrepresent themselves in a poll. i also find european/uk spin to surprisingly fall in line often with rush talking points. its curious to me.

i was astonished how much trump support when i was last in uk ( before virus) it was actually weird and made me realize how much conservative republican like mindset they have

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Major

Major Member

For what it's worth, 2016 wasn't really evidence of a "shy Trump voter" - the polls just were modeling turnout levels incorrectly and underestimated turnout of various demographics in the midwest (they missed on the opposite side in other areas, which is how they got the overall margin right). Polls are weighted to account for what pollsters think the electorate will look like, so it's not necessarily that people didn't tell them they'd pick Trump. The polls may have just discounted their likelihood of actually voting.

The 1-in-3 on this forum isn't evidence of a shy Trump voter either because this is who people *think* will win rather than who they will vote for or want to win. So it's evidence of PTSD of Dems, or people being smarter than the mathematical models (which suggest a 10% chance).

jiggyfly, Jayzers_100 and B-Bob like this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'd say in Germany it's 90% anti-Trump.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The reason for the shy voter is hating gays, Mexicans, blacks, foreigners and supporting conspiracy theories is frowned upon...

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'm sure 1940's Germany would love him...

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

If there are shy Trump voters so there are shy Biden voters.
    Mothers and wives who live with their Trumpster husbands and will go behind their back to vote against Trump.

where the heck did you go? In the rural middlelands?
    The european spin is that Trump is a lunatic even with all the anti immigration sentiment.

don grahamleone and R0ckets03 like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Pretty much everyone pro-Brexit is pro-Trump as well. Some of my wife's relatives from the countryside would definitely fall into that category.

malakas likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

I'd say in my neighborhood all the pro maga yard signs that were there in 2016, 2018 have all but disappeared unless my neighbor Joe stole them all and placed him in his yard, guy has 20 signs. I still think they're voting Trump but I think some are embarrassed. For example one had the crenshaw sign and in the back it had "No corta grass hoy" in marker. That neighbor always has his yard done by some fine compadres. I never do yard signs.

Nook and Andre0087 like this.
  13. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

[​IMG]

Rashmon and HP3 like this.
  14. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Nook, there are a lot of these voters out there that don’t hate any of those groups of people or support conspiracy theories.

15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yeah trump supporters don’t intimate people it is the other way around. Lol

don grahamleone, IBTL and HP3 like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Definitely a case of bus envy.

malakas likes this.
  18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Dewey

foh likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Absolutely, but that is why there are shy Trump voters. They don’t want to be associated with racists and weirdos that believe in conspiracy theories.

Invisible Fan, malakas and HP3 like this.
  20. foh

foh Member