1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final Prediction: Who do you think will win? (not who you want to win)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by cml750, Nov 1, 2020.

?

Who do you think will win? (not who you want to win)

1. Trump

2. Biden

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Do you know pollyannish this sounds?

Trump never accepts responsibility, unless it make him sound like he is the best ever ... probably in the history of history.

foh, Invisible Fan, edwardc and 3 others like this.
  2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Bumping my prediction from the other day. We'll see if I was right about PA and Georgia being the big shocker.

Also staying with my prediction that PA should have enough of the votes counted before the courts can interfere to stop the counting.

Still knocking on wood though until this thing is officially called.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I wouldn’t concede just yet. Michigan could require a legit recount.

but I have to eat crow even if Biden is confirmed the winner. I really did not think the polling errors would be THIS substantial. We do not have very reliable data on the psyche of this country.

red, foh, Jayzers_100 and 5 others like this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I stand by my prediction. Looks like this might actually be correct even with accounts of voter fraud on the rise. Anyone readjusting their predictions?

6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

You really think Trump still will win????

7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Please post links to these instances of voter fraud.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Without fraud yes. Of course it seems they won't announce because they want to stop the orange man and groups are trying to find more ballots to rig it in key states. There is no reason we shouldn't have results. This is a very fishy election.

10. No Worries

Biden is at 264 and I still don't know.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My expectation/fear at this point is that Arizona flips back after the last batch of votes are counted while Biden won’t be able to catch up in Pennsylvania or Georgia.

If I were realistic about it, Biden wins with AZ and NV. If I were optimistic about it, Biden wins with AZ, NV, and PA. The doomer in me sees Trump running the map and flipping AZ tonight.

No Worries likes this.
  12. No Worries

NV is all that Biden needs.

Those crazy left leaning web sites think that both PA and GA are in play. If NV is called for Biden, it is almost better for the country if both PA and GA went Biden as well, since we all could just move on then.

A 270-268 Biden win would almost guarantee that Trump start his 2024 campaign after the 2021 inauguration and give us 4 more years of Trump grievance tweeting.

Who am I kidding? Trump The Grifter will not let go of his marks (who are the Trump voters / cultist followers). We are probably stuck with Trump tweeting to win the news cycle until he strokes out.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Looks like I missed pretty badly. Apparently, Trump was right -- science is bs.

mdrowe00, foh and B-Bob like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

social science, including polling, ain’t real science. ;)
    Just too many variables and never a controlled experiment.

mdrowe00, Invisible Fan and foh like this.
  15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Yea, I am done believing in these dam polls

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

17. Major

Major Member

Missed badly on IA. Most likely missed slightly on NC. PA and GA, I assume, will still flip Dem. I did expect TX/OH/FL to be closer.

AZ and NV still have some uncertainty.

18. foh

foh Member

You could still be right on the Senate. There is a slim chance of that but a chance nonetheless. I'm rooting for you :)

I agree that pollsters(ie "science") obviously sucked. They all need to be tested and certified to do their job right - they may be a part of the problem why people are losing trust in the election process. With all the protests, lawsuits and wait, we are already an international joke..

Find the shy Trump voter that won't disclose their position in an anonymous survey for Christ sake.

Almost feels like Trump supporters hate science and logic so much, that they are subverting pollsters and election on purpose... Lol

Anyway @cml750 was right on that count it appears. Kudos to him. That's really why I came back to this thread.

JuanValdez likes this.
  19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I see Nate Silver is defiant, insisting they did a good job and that we're a bunch of philistines to think he was wrong about anything. He really should hire a spokesman and keep his own mouth shut. I haven't seen the data on it, but I suspect traffic at his site won't be what it once was.

B-Bob, Invisible Fan and foh like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I started visiting on 538 election day...nothing's bigly broken, allisclear. A bit Trumply to not admit anything wrong when all attention is on you.

They did have insights on where the mail-in ballots were coming from and for providing state by state context, so I kept visiting.

Polling errors, however, is a systemic issue. That economist aggregate site I posted was even more garbage.

In hindsight, it was useful in detecting last minute swings in momentum but the percentages refresh junkies paid attention to was more for a peace of mind than anything else.