1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final Lone Star Showdown

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Uprising, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NwrL9MV6jSk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

where's the picture of the a&m player who hit the ut player in the helmet with his own?

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

So it was a cold day and he had a Texas hoody, still the right call, it was helmet to helmet.

I don't like the rule, but there is no arguing whether it was right or not, based upon the rules of 2011, it was 100% the correct call.

DD

5. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't care about either team as I'm a Michigan fan, but if that's really the ref from the game then it's beyond ridiculous.

6. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

This bull**** is really funny considering the Nebraska accusations last year about ref bias for A&M.

On another note, there is a report that Louisville is Big 12 bound. Great news for UT and A&M. If they can move back to divisions that might open up the option for 4 non conference games every other year. If they get a 12th team then they can go back to 4 non conference games a year.

7. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

The ref that made that call
    [​IMG]

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Do you think the ref made the wrong call?

[​IMG]

Helmet Crown and Defenseless Players (Rule 9-1-3). The committee has refined the rules regarding the use of the helmet as a weapon and the targeting of defenseless players. (The Points of Emphasis section of the NCAA Football Rules and Interpretations lists a number of examples of defenseless players.) Emphasis on these actions highlights concern about potentially debilitating injuries. It is now a foul when a player targets an opponent and initiates contact with the crown (top) of the helmet. This rule is intended primarily for the safety of the player who initiates the contact. It is also a foul if a player targets a defenseless opponent and initiates contact above the shoulders. Each of these is a personal foul and thus carries a 15-yard penalty.

9. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Poor aggy. The photo is of the Back Judge. The ref who threw the flag was the Field Judge.

Like my non-aggy HS football coach used to say, "Excuses only satisfy those who make them."

10. ths balla

ths balla Member

No excuses here just think its funny. We lost and deserved to with the turnovers, but I still think Aggies have the better team/talent. 5 of their 6 losses are by a combined total of 17 points. That points to coaching and we wont be able to hang in the SEC with someone like Sherman at the helm,

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What is the combined number of points other teams came back to win against the aggies?

Part of being a good team is knowing out to close.

12. King1

I didn't mention having a problem with the call. That has nothing to do with my point. That ref shouldn't be allowed near any Big 12 games let alone any game that Texas is playing in. If you think otherwise then I don't know what to tell you

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I hate to break it to you, but every year, the tragicomic farce of referees wearing branded athletic merchandise recurs again and again.

14. King1

I know you're being sarcastic because it suits your point, but we won't see eye to eye on this issue. It's at the very least highly unprofessional of that referee to be wearing a team's sweatshirt when he's involved in deciding the outcome of said team's games. It wouldn't matter what team it was, I'd have a problem with it regardless if he's possibly going to be officiating their games. If the roles were reversed, my guess is you'd have a different perspective. You have a dog in the fight here, I don't.

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I have a dog in the fight. I make sweatshirts for a living. To hell with you and your untenable rules.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

for one thing ,it's offensive to the referee to assume that he cannot be objective even if he has a school that he roots for when not officiating the game. secondly, you have no idea why he has that sweatshirt in the first place. is he like me and tends to buy a shirt from the local university whenever he visits that town (t-shirt fan, bwhahaha!!)? was he chilly and didn't prepare accordingly (i wore a tennessee rugby jacket while out drinking the other night because i was outside smoking, it was cold and i forgot my jacket...i am not a tennessee rugby fan).

if this referee were giving calls to ut because he is a fan of their team, this would have come to light a long time ago. instead of flipping out because of a picture, do some research to see if this guy has a pattern of making terrible calls that benefit ut when he officiates their games.

17. King1

I laughed

18. King1

I wish I had the minute I spent reading this post back. I'll just agree to disagree with you

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

why don't you spend that minute trying to find proof of this referee giving ut generous calls? most of these referees are from the area where their conference is located. i guarantee you every school has had a fan of theirs officiate one of their games. and i guarantee you every school has had a fan of their rivals officiate one of their games.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b5sA0zNznU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>