1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final Four Weekend Events

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by glad_ken, Mar 29, 2016.

1. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Here is the schedule for the March Madness Music Festival at Discovery Green. If you guys find something else fun to do, post it here.

http://www.discoverygreen.com/ncaa

Get ready for a fun-filled weekend at Discovery Green® April 1-3 with March Madness Music Festival!

This free concert series takes place over the Final Four weekend and features both local and national acts. Concerts will start in the late afternoon and will feature team pep rallies, as well as interactive games, activities and refreshments provided by the tournament’s sponsors. This is a FREE event, open to the public and sponsored by the NCAA Corporate Champions and Partners.

Friday, April 1: AT&T Block Party (4-10 p.m.)
    Lukas Graham- 4:45 p.m
    Panic! At the Disco- 6:30 p.m.
    Fall Out Boy- 8:30 p.m

Saturday, April 2: Coca- Cola Music (Noon- 9 p.m.)
    Conrad Sewell- 1:00 p.m
    Jason Derulo- 2:15 p.m
    Semi Final #1 Viewing Party-5 p.m
    Kendrick Lamar-7:15 p.m

Sunday, April 3: Capital One JamFest (3-10 p.m.)
    Aloe Blacc-3:45 p.m
    Flo Rida- 5 p.m.
    Pitbull- 6:30p.m
    Maroon 5- 8:30 p.m.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

In for Pitbull

[​IMG]

but seriously, this is a surprisingly great lineup for a free concert weekend. I count 6 performances that could in theory be headliners (FOB, Kendrick, DeRulo, Pitbull, Maroon 5, and Flo Rida). I went to the concert event in Dallas 2 years ago and the lineup was garbage, full of country music and The Killers.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Damn this is awesome! It would normally cost a lot of money to see these artists.

4. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

It's gonna be PACKED.

5. trigun333

trigun333 Member

So what you're saying is that leaving downtown after work is going to suck on Friday.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

haha Kendrick was just here not too long ago at Day for night:cool:

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Impressive lineup compared to 2011 where they had Kenny Chesney, Sublime, and Kings of Leon

sucks I won't be in town, since I'll be in Dallas for Wrestlemania

8. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

We are coming to Houston to see the Chicago and OKC games. My wife is praying we make it in time before it is packed on Sunday after the OKC game. I have promised her I would go considering I am dragging her to both Houston games and all the final four games. For her sake I hope it isn't locked out before 5pm on Sunday :(

I'm spewing Kendrick is on while we will be at the games as well!

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Discovery Green is like 5 steps from Toyota Center. I think Sunday will be the biggest crowd. Especially for Pitbull and Maroon 5. Imagine all those ppl leaving Toyota Center after the OKC game, I can see 15-20% stopping in the Discovery Green for a peep.

For anyone that goes on Friday or Saturday. Let us know how it goes.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Panic! At the Disco!

11. glad_ken

Drink prices for the March Madness Music Festival.:eek:

spoiler for size
    [​IMG]

12. glad_ken

If you have DirecTv, the March Madness Music Festival is on AUDHD channel 101.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

trying to see kendrick at 7:15pm, and thinking of arriving at the venue at 3:00 pm...you guys think that's a safe bet?

14. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

How was today gents?

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Whoa that's a waaaaaay better lineup than the free concerts at Super Bowl City in SF this year. I think Alicia Keys was the only big name.

16. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Went down last night and was impressed with what I saw. Lukas Graham was impressive live and Panic At The Disco were very good as expected. We had to leave before Fall Out Boy but was a good night overall. Wish we could have seen Kendrick tonight but will be at the games.

Will head back down after the Rockets game on Sunday and hopefully have no issues getting in for Pitbull and Maroon 5.

17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

extremely solid lineup for a free show... good job houston. and this weather... damn. htown definitely putting it's best foot forward this weekend with the spotlight on it.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How full and busy is the area?
    Are you able to get close .. . .

Rocket River

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And this is why gates are closed... Can you believe this crowd right now? <a href="https://twitter.com/CocaCola">@CocaCola</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MusicMix?src=hash">#MusicMix</a> <a href="https://t.co/B8GODNKUCF">pic.twitter.com/B8GODNKUCF</a></p>&mdash; Final Four Houston (@FinalFour) <a href="https://twitter.com/FinalFour/status/716376961455562752">April 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. glad_ken

Live Stream

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0UPD2qfKos4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>