1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final 4: Detroit, Miami, Phoenix, San Antonio: Who wins it all?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by slickvik69, May 9, 2005.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Exactly. I just don't see why anyone is picking against them. They completely blew Shaq and the Lakers away last year, and while Shaq and the Heat are a little stronger team wise than that Lakers team, I still don't think they are a match.

San Antonio is the only other team that has a remote chance of beating Detroit. I think the Suns will be contenders next year, but they just don't have the experience in the big games with the guys they have.

2. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

SA vs my Pistons. Unfortunately I gotta say SA will prevail b/c of the bench strength.

3. Asian Sensation

Suns out of West
    Pistons out of East

Winner- ?

4. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

Perhaps I spoke too soon, the games tonight made things a little less definitive than I thought.

5. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I thought 80+% were good odds!

Damn all odds in favor of my team, they only get me excited!

6. lalala902102001

Miami is winning it all...beats SA in seven.

7. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

Spurs will get by the sonics. The fact that Seattle was relying on the play of Jerome James to win will totally be negated by SA's defense.

Dallas has a chance to beat the suns if they can slow the pace of the game at times. Phoenix really looks like they are capable of running in the playoffs especially since the refs are still calling the perimeter fouls. I think Dallas may take this in 6 with the experience of their key players Dirk and Finley. I'd rather see phoenix win though I despise the team they are an exciting ball club to watch as long as they keep their mouth shut.

Miami will roll over Washington even if they aren't playing 100% at the moment.

Indiana I believe can stretch out the Pistons to a long series but it all depends on how fast Indiana can start to find their groove now that O'neal is back. They were a bit sluggish when he came back but IF they can find their groove they might be able to pull it out but I'd say Detroit's depth will overcome the pacers in 7 games.

Miami's key player against Detroit will be Alonzo and Haslem. Detroit can't double down and suffocate Shaq as much as they did in the finals last year because Miami actually has talen in Mourning and Haslem now. You might see some Mourning and Shaq in at the same time just to counter-act the wallace boys. I can't wait to see that series. It'll be some revenge on shaq's part that's for sure.

Spurs will beat the Mavs. Spurs can shut down Dallas and play a much better team game while also being able to match-up player for player. Terry will have a hard time keeping up with parker as he is having a hard time with nash as it is. Dampier will prove to be ineffective once more and Ginobili against Finley will be the key in this series I believe.

I'd say it's going to be Heat-Spurs. Poppovich may regret wishing he said he misses Shaq in the west because he may face a more talented Heat team than last year's Lakers were.

In the end the team with the Chinese center and the explosive guard with the defensive minded Van Gundy coach will win. :)

Too bad it's not Houston *sniff* but it sure sounds like them right?

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Suns over Mavs in 6

Spurs over Sonics in 4

Spurs over Suns in 6

Heat over Wiz in 4

Pistons over Pacers in 7

Heat over Pistons in 6

Heat over Spurs in 7

Going to be a great finals, but the Heat are going to take it all. Too loaded, too driven and too confident.

Once Ginobli and Parker get a little older and come into their own, the Spurs will have that kind of killer instinct. Now its the same old workman-like games that we have been seeing since Duncan came into the league.

J