1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Final 31 games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Feb 10, 2010.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I see 18 winnable games.

Is 45 games enough to make the playoffs?

Unless Morey makes a big splash before the trade deadline.......we might as well prepare for the draft and summer free agency. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  2. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I'd say that's about right. No I doubt that will be enough for a playoff spot. All 50+ teams are the ones most likely in usually. West.
    I guess we just wait for the Return of the Yao.

3. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Winning streak anyone?

:)

4. Karolik

Karolik Member

The lottery isn't that bad if Morey is drafting.

5. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

13-18 to finish at 40-42.

6. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

We aren't in panic mode yet. Three games out of the playoffs and fighting for 8th stop against three other teams doesn't seem that bad. It will come down to the last couple of weeks to see if we get the last stop, which is feasible.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

it feels like just yesterday when we were in Salt Lake City and Budinger was swishing 3's right in the Jazz faces. this season started out so promising but with a young tema ull have ups and downs and inconsistent play.

8. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

It seems like yesterday when Yao came out of the tunnel to put the Lakers away 100-92 in game 2 of the 2nd round of the playoffs last year.

9. OpportunityCost

It seems like yesterday, when for a moment, we held the draft rights to Rudy Gay.

10. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

That's what happens with young inexperienced teams. You got to understand the veterans are Battier, Ariza, and Cook.

Battier-8 season
    Ariza- 5 season
    Cook- 6 season(doesn't count)

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

we have ONE week left until we very likely have a big move that's only going to help this team...why cant we just wait it out? All these threads are acting like we have no options, nothing happening, no possible transactions to hope for. It's one week, let's wait it out before determining how the rest of the season will go. Our roster is not set in stone until the deadline is over.

12. PeppermintCandy

It would be nice to watch this team win enough games to play a playoff series or two, but I won't be disappointed if they don't make it.

I just want Brooks, Lowry, Landry, Ariza, Budinger and even Dorsey/Taylor to make significant individual improvements over the season. Anything else is gravy.

13. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

I doubt we're going to have a big move that helps the team. Pau Gasol like deals almost never happen.

14. RocketMania1991

You mean game one :confused:

15. krockets

krockets Member

My question would be that, even if we got to the 7 or 8th spot (play against Laker or Nuggets), it's very likely just another first round exit. So, is it really worth it?

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

because pau gasol was had for peanuts (at the time)...THAT kind of big move almost never happens...

i'm talking about a move that's big for this team specifically..... a legit shooting guard who's not going to have trouble dribbling or finding the net will be a big move for this team, even if he's not a superstar. With a move like that there's nowhere to go, but up.

It may happen, may not, let's just wait it out before deciding where this team will end up.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i dont wanna predict because this team confuses me

18. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

its be good but i dont see it happening.it will BE hard

(this is only A SAYING) for rockets this season without a trade: "too little too late"

19. SunsRocketsfan

I think finishing around .500 seems about right. If not maybe a game or two above .500. I am going for 42-40 as our final record which wont be good enough for the playoffs out west. If only we were in the east. We need to petition the NBA to put us in the eastern conference.

20. Hui

Hui Member

I have a feeling the Rockets wont make the playoffs, unless a trade kicks through that gives us better chance.