1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Figures for Goran's next contract

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Apr 7, 2012.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Nobody understands how difficults its going to be to move Martin on draft day without taking back salary in return. His value on the trade market would command a good draft pick if the deal was there, but its going to difficult to move him and free up HIS ENTIRE SALARY.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Simple. Amnesty.

Edit: We can still amnesty right?

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

There might be a little truth to that if it were some other team but this Portland. Paul Allen has never been afraid to spend money. He's hide his team way over the cap in years past. And now they just released 20 million in player salaries (Camby Wallace) for cap space. Believe me it wasn't to save that money.

They want a point guard this off season. DWILL is not interested in Portland. They are hoping Dragic is and they will pay to find out.

If Morey wants to keep Dragic he better play this smart. He needs to sign his brother and learn how to sing Slovenia National Anthem.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I think Boston would take Martin off our hands for cap space and a second rounder. I'm pretty sure Cleveland would do the same thing. I'm wondering if we can get the Hornets to throw us that draft pick plus Okafor's nasty deal for Martin's expiring.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Paul Allen made 20 billion being Bill Gate's buddy. Do you think he 2 million a years means anything to him? The only thing in our favor is that Portland generally has to overpay because basketball players don't want to live in Portland.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There is a huge rumor that Paul Allen wants to sell the Blazers. He was very upset after the CBA talks and gutting the team shows me he wants to save money. The cap is serious business now. Teams don't want anything to do with being over the cap.

Calm down folks. He's not CP3. He's Goran Dragic

7. chief

chief Member

Rockets would be really really stupid to not resign dragic at any cost..and yes package lowry for a trade. Goran Dragic is extreamly underated and has learned alot of good things playing behind steve nash.Houston poorly misjudged jeremy lin and they cannot make another mistake like that with Dragic.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He will slip away like Chuck.

9. cod

cod Member

Martin is still one of the top scorers in the league. Many teams would take on his expiring contract for cap space. Morey wants a star player in return.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

lol they arent going to dump Martin for a second rounder. Some of you people are so out of touch with reality, its amazing.

11. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Not too familiar with Oregon's tax rates compared to ours hut if the Blazers offer 10mil a year to Gogi against Houston's 8mil for example, would it be close to being of similar value?